Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo32

This wasnt de jong vs juventus, this was juventus vs de jong :worthy:

I love this player!
He played a lot as a (free) defender in this game, a "libero". He is in "space 0" a lot, helping out with the first part of the buildup. He is very patient and calm, but sometimes too slow and sloppy in showing himself correctly after having passed the ball. There really were a lot of flaws in his game here, and also so much potential if he came in the right hands. I think he has stalled and even lost some of his good intentions since coming to Barcelona. Maybe he can still be saved!

FinBarcelonafan

I love this player!
He played a lot as a (free) defender in this game, a "libero". He is in "space 0" a lot, helping out with the first part of the buildup. He is very patient and calm, but sometimes too slow and sloppy in showing himself correctly after having passed the ball. There really were a lot of flaws in his game here, and also so much potential if he came in the right hands. I think he has stalled and even lost some of his good intentions since coming to Barcelona. Maybe he can still be saved!

That's the Barca way. We haven't been able to lift players to new level lately at all. I feel like most of the players we buy just end up becoming worse.

El Guaje

Yeah lets sell this guy that at least pulls his weight somewhat while surrounded by total bums. Also lets keep Busquets that has been a past it nobody for a few years already and make him captain.

No serious club and manager sells FDJ when you have the likes of Busquets, Bob, Pique, Lenglet, Bumtiti, Alba and Coutinho. All of them should be told to f off looooong before FDJ is sold.

serghei

I love this player!

He plays a lot there in the Busi role at Barca. Xavi would do well to cut the shit with Busquets, and line up Gavi/Nico - De Jong - Pedri quite often. IMO it would be stupid not to try and form a trio out of these players for the future, and put all the signings we make into bolstering the attacking line and the back four, both of which need quite a drastic change.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

So the plan is to sell dejong and keep lord Luke and the pirate umtiti? Correct?

Don't forget #EnjoyBusquets. Renewal until 2028 incoming :worthy:

De Jong hasn't performed quite up to expectations yet, but for fucks sake get a new starting DM already. Either give Frenkie a shot or buy someone, or even try every la masia player we got but do something.

Last edited:

JohnN

Agreed, busi should go. We are left with the choice of going for a new dm or play fdj there.
But if he can't make it as a dm, then how can he fit together with Pedri at cm? I think he can't.
We need a new dm, Pedri and a new, more attack oriented partner for Pedri.

serghei

Agreed, busi should go. We are left with the choice of going for a new dm or play fdj there.
But if he can't make it as a dm, then how can he fit together with Pedri at cm? I think he can't.
We need a new dm, Pedri and a new, more attack oriented partner for Pedri.

Yeah, DM or sell De Jong for me.

mc_lovin

A DM is incredibly hard to find - see United. I would just go with Frenkie (or Nico if he develops nicely) next season. Zakaria, Kamara, (Kessie) etc are not exactly inspiring.

Bobo32

Yeah he was sleepwalking a lot in the second half, hiding behind a player, moaning at his team mates and the ref. I don't like his attitude lately.
He looked a bit better than usual technically though today, but he is a very lazy player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans