Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Think a realistic transfer would be to United for 50-60M. Don't see why City , Bayern would be getting him since they have similar or better players in his position.

In regards to Mats the ship sailed last season , think most clubs are already aware what his level is.

Devils

Of course no team in the world would pay even 50M now for him, and even at that price they have to be managed by Barto for it happen.

Why pay more than 20m if he will do the job of a 5-10M signing !

This lol.

Who's going to pay huge amounts of money for a player who isn't great at anything?

If I pay 90m for Xabi Alonso I know I'm getting a world class passer, playmaker, tackler and a workhorse. If I pay 90m for Yaya Toure, I know I'm getting a worldclass box to box midfielder who bullies opposition in midfield and is a great goalscorer.

If I pay 90m for FDJ I'm getting a player who isn't great at anything lmao. This guy has no great passing, dribbling, shooting, running, pressing, defending or attacking abilities. He's just a large sum of nothing.

You don't need a 50 page scouting report to this guy to see that lol.

Nazario1985

The worst thing about him is at the opposite of what Raki was doing he never offers himself deep in the front to either get something or at least drag one or two defenders with him.

Just a mindless endless horizontal passing Andy.

BusiTheKing

People writing him off while defending Busquets...

How do you reckon it would look if the roles were switched so Frenkie was allowed to play his natural position while Busquets was stuck as an interior?

mc_lovin

Not the best choice of username, eh?

Apart from that I agree. And it's not necessarily about the position he plays, but Busquets and him seem totally incompatible. There's zero chemistry.

Marshall D Teach

Apart from that I agree. And it's not necessarily about the position he plays, but Busquets and him seem totally incompatible. There's zero chemistry.

Join date May 2013 too, right after the guy got exposed in front of the world.

May 2011 I'd understand.

serghei

I've nothing against Frenkie and was fairly excited about his signing, but what I find really odd is the opinion where we should be selling him to City or Bayern for 90 million as if they'd be anywhere near interested at those prices or like his performances deserves better.

To deserve better, you need to showing that you're better than the players around you. Quite frankly (or Frenkly) if you need all these variables to stand out amongst 17-18 year old youth prospects, there is a problem.

United. They need him, are super rich, and we really need the money. Make it happen for 90m in the summer. But until then, give De Jong a shot at DM. Stop using him as a box-to-box. If he doesn't improve even there, sell.

malvolio

That's mainly because Frenkie is a player of instinct, who relies on darting runs to get out of tricky situations.

Not your normal La Masia player.

Busquets had telepathic chemistry with Messi. Hard to find players with higher footballing IQ than that.

LFCB

He shows glimses every now and then but we have to start again, and at 24 he has already blown a lead in CLI (against Tottenham!) 8-2, 0-3, 1-4, 0-3, 3-0.
I don't think there's a way back for a lot of these players in the new 'era' with their history.

vuji_31

Thouchemi or however is called is not bad shot.

Just buy few young players from Rennes or Monaco and you will get few gems 100%

FinBarcelonafan

United. They need him, are super rich, and we really need the money. Make it happen for 90m in the summer. But until then, give De Jong a shot at DM. Stop using him as a box-to-box. If he doesn't improve even there, sell.

He would be great for United imo. Their midfield really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans