Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten

60+20 is a joke, 80m cash maybe 70+20, man U, literally have plenty of money, they wasted more on lesser players, he's gonna walk in & be their best midfielder day 1.

I don't know, United usually drag the players down a level, at least over time.

It might help that his old coach is there now though, but its definitely a risk going to that club.

jamrock

It might help that his old coach is there now though, but its definitely a risk going to that club.

His old coach being their is my biggest reason to believe he will do well there, but you are right about man Utd having a negative effect on player performances over the past few years.

I think he would rather stay, but the club is not so gently pushing him out .

Givenchy

Facts, with Nunez and Tchouameni rumored to be going for around 80m, 80m should be the minimum for frenkie. The guy just turned 25 last month.

Difference is though, Nunez and Tchou didn't have their clubs trying to force them to leave.

United are literally the only club who showed a solid interest in Frenkie, there's no bidding wars and the usual oil daddy clubs City/PSG don't seem to want him. We have no leverage.

Horatio

You're welcome

Somehow people seem to think Ten Hag will have impunity at Man U. Nobody considering he might simply get fired after 6 months? There is that risk that Frenkie has to consider as well.

fergus90

Regardless of Ten Hag being there, I don't think United would be a good move for him career wise. Club has been in a rot for the last 5 or 6 years and he won't get close to any silverware there either.

malvolio

I think the only way I would be okay if we did sell if it was for 100+ million.

Still I don?t even want to sell. Whoever they try to sign as a replacement has a 10% chance of actually working out.

Maybe clubs are reluctant to jump on an expensive flop. They've seen Frenkie for the last 3 seasons and don't think they're impressed.

United paid 100M for Pogba but he was good at Juventus.

Now all we hear about is the offer from United and that's because Ten Hag is there.

You would think that other clubs would jump on the opportunity of buying Frenkie in his prime. Instead they are busy chasing the likes of Tchouameni for 100M.

Porque

Clubs will lowball us because we are desperate.

That and Frenkie doesn't really want to go so why would they go all out on him.

So if Frenkie is on the market, it is because we are forcing an exit and that drops the price.

malvolio

Clubs will lowball us because we are desperate.

That and Frenkie doesn't really want to go so why would they go all out on him.

So if Frenkie is on the market, it is because we are forcing an exit and that drops the price.

Clubs will enter a bidding war if an outstanding player is on the market. Lowballing works only if player wants a certain club.

Can't lowball a club that has offers. Offers drive the price up.

Or do you think the big clubs talked between themselves in order to manipulate the market so that no one is bidding more than a certain price? :lol:

JamDav1982

Aye like they all rushed in for Messi for free....

Clubs dont have infinite money and it matters what other players they have at club also.

There is this myth about players price going up through some kind of auction.. rarely works like that.

In most cases clubs agree with player and then stick to similar price no matter where he would want to go.

Many times clubs also wait for others to negotiate and agree a fee then make their move if that is a price they fancy.

Porque

That's true.

Which comes to the point of Frenkie not wanting to leave. United only of interest because of Ten Hag probably.

When we say we want 80. Clubs are going to go lower to start with and test resolve.

Would love to see comments in the media such as "Barcelona believe FdJ has improved immensely since joining the club and have priced him at between 90-100m euros should a club be interested".

malvolio

That's true.

Which comes to the point of Frenkie not wanting to leave. United only of interest because of Ten Hag probably.

When we say we want 80. Clubs are going to go lower to start with and test resolve.

Would love to see comments in the media such as "Barcelona believe FdJ has improved immensely since joining the club and have priced him at between 90-100m euros should a club be interested".

I think the wheels are already in motion, otherwise can't believe he would have taken that jab at our coaching staff.

Other clubs might have made enquiries on his status and what he wants to do.

But I believe 2-3 clubs would have bid for him and would try to convince him to join them. As it happened when he was at Ajax.

wisconsincule

It’s just stupid that we will gladly overpay for players while selling our own at cut prices. This policy has led us into the financial ruin we are in and it looks like Laporta is following the same path. If the rumored numbers are true we are going to sell FDJ for a similar price that Ferran Torres cost.

Let’s say we were trying to buy a player of FDJ stature from Bayern/Juve/Liverpool/United/Spurs/Hell any team. 25 and a contract until 2026. Our price would be 100 mil at least.

Also I do not trust Xavi/Laporta to spend the money we would get from FDJ. We at least know FDJ is serviceable. He hasn’t really gotten a shot to play DM because we insist on playing a 34 year old absolutely washed up Busquets. Ultimately it looks like this sale will fund Lewandowski (who sure might help us for the next 2 years) but will in turn finance Mane to Bayern and partially Nunez to Liverpool.

The whole situation is fucked and I’m pissed this is the state of things. I like FDJ and would prefer not to sell our only player in their prime to continue to start a 34 year old who has no future at the club.

fergus90

I'd be fine losing him if we got Bernardo Silva, but I will be told to enjoy Soler by the Barca social media team instead. Unfortunately, I just can't enjoy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans