Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Truth.

At United, Frenkie can play his main position and have the team revolving around him. From what I've seen, he doesn't warrant that at Barca yet. I think it would be better to keep him this season though, phase out Busquets (who could leave next summer) and give him the midfield, if he still fails to live up to it, sell. I can just imagine in typical Barca fashion, Busi leaves and we are crying out for a player like Frenkie - cue the Frenkie return rumors.

I know he'd never accept this nor United but would be nice if we could loan him there for a season with a buy option providing Frenkie wants to stay there. If he performs and likes ETHs project, fair enough he stays, they activate the clause and we get the fee.

If he doesn't want to go, this season is make or bust. But if he has a bad season, I can see the 85m price going down. We'll be lucky to get 60 in the next summer if he has a doozer.

Givenchy

If he doesn't want to go, this season is make or bust. But if he has a bad season, I can see the 85m price going down. We'll be lucky to get 60 in the next summer if he has a doozer.

I doubt he wants to stay anymore, probably waiting for the payments he's owed

His stock is already pretty low it seems (mostly down to most top teams having equal/better? players in midfield, not necessarily because of his quality). He still has a contract til 2026 so we remain in a strong position to sell next summer.

I think Xavi sees it like you said, Kessie can match him since Frenkie is playing a role not suited to him, came on a free and is on manageable wages. I want that Pedri-Bernardo midfield though.

JamDav1982

Good luck trying to defend against any decent team if have Busquets, Pedri and Silva in Xavis midfield formation of last season.

Trying to force out best midfielder or at least equal best with Pedri due to money but do nothing but praise Pique and keep him around on 40m a season.

Pathetic.

Givenchy

Good luck trying to defend against any decent team if have Busquets in Xavis midfield formation of last season.

Trying to force out best midfielder or at least equal best with Pedri due to money but do nothing but praise Pique and keep him around on 40m a season.

Pathetic.

ftfy

wisconsincule

Yeah. Isn't one of the old complains that we're too soft with underperforming players? De Jong is one of those that can be moved in favorable terms for the club.

How has he under performed….? He was easily our best mid with Pedri last season… when he was injured our midfield suffered….

I would rather he stay and play DM as Busquets is finished.

serghei

How has he under performed?.? He was easily our best mid with Pedri last season? when he was injured our midfield suffered?.

I would rather he stay and play DM as Busquets is finished.

He wasn't even better than Busquets last season. Sure, he had clusters of 2-3 world-class games, every 2 months. That's hilariously sporadic for a player earning this much and costing us nearly 100m.

It's unfortunate Busi is not good off the ball, because in terms of vision and passing he is on another level compared to De Jong.

De Jong should be producing De Bruyne stuff.

Everything is right about De Jong as a character. Likable, hard-working, with some leadership qualities. If only he could consistently perform at a top level on the field and everyone would love him.

Guy is in a perfect position to shoot and he passes to some crowded area to some striker. Are you dumb? Fucking shoot! His decision-making is terrible in the final third.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He was clearly better than Busquets last season and was better than him in his own position the one game played there towards end while Barca were being pumped with teams exposing Busquets on break in games around that.

Four defeats in five home games with Busi barely able to run or dictate games from deep as Barca went out Europa league and lost momentum in league.

Busquets was at same level as season before when the cries for Puig to play ahead of him were being made.

All these excuses for Busquets now come when nothing has changed but the coach.

FDJ has been far better than Busi the last three years despite mid being built for Busi and FDJ never really playing in ideal set up.

Last edited:

serghei

No, he wasn't. They showed reruns on my channel during the preseason. Many games of Barca and Madrid. Busquets looked better in the reruns, and De Jong looked worse than I remembered him since watching live.

It's quite interesting to see reruns of games with a more relaxed vibe.

Busquets was our best playmaker from midfield by far. Probably why he still plays. Nobody has his vision in the team, bar maybe Pedri if he's fit.

wisconsincule

No, he wasn't. They showed reruns on my channel during the preseason. Many games of Barca and Madrid. Busquets looked better in the reruns, and De Jong looked worse than I remembered him since watching live.

In a high intensity European match I would take De Jong over Busquets every single time…

I am more focused on replacing Busquets. At this point De Jong is the only who seems capable. Maybe Kessie can be that player.

If we sell De Jong we will just end up spending on a DM. Stupid in my opinion.

JamDav1982

Busquets was our best playmaker from midfield by far. Probably why he still plays. Nobody has his vision in the team, bar maybe Pedri if he's fit.

Yes he was.. you are making things up as suddenly decided Busi is worth place because Xavi picks him when he is same player as was before.

Busquets at DM was being targetted and exposed time and again towards end of season and play making for what? the ball to get slowly to wide players to then get a ball in.

There is a video of Barcas best goals under Xavi and FDJ was involved in more of them than anyone else. Not Busi dictating to open game up either.

serghei

In a high intensity European match I would take De Jong over Busquets every single time…

I am more focused on replacing Busquets. At this point De Jong is the only who seems capable. Maybe Kessie can be that player.

If we sell De Jong we will just end up spending on a DM. Stupid in my opinion.

Nah, he showed nothing to warrant that trust. It's make-believe. I'd rather invest in a DM. The biggest problem with De Jong DM is that he is too adventurous. It's like the wants to be a DM, but at the same time, he wants to vacate the position at will to pursue his offensive ambitions.

He's basically a double pivot player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans