Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Chelsea have made two solid signings so far. Even if they fail with Kounde, their scouting is broad enough to get a solid alternative. While we would probably settle for Pique or Inigo.

Zidane82

LOL Arsenal is not finishing top 4. They won't ever with Arteta.

They have not bought well. They spent huge sum of money on unproven players minus Jesus again.

Nobody knows why they keep giving this clown manager so much money.

Are you serious ?

They just needed a couple of missing pieces .. a goal scorer .. Jesus

Plus a creative midfielder ( left sided) - Zinchenko

Even F?bio Vieira is a brilliant talent for midfield

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Played very well tonight, very composed and very well positioned at CB. Still really don't understand why he not playing in Busquets position.

iniestaGOAT

Are you serious ?

They just needed a couple of missing pieces .. a goal scorer .. Jesus

Plus a creative midfielder ( left sided) - Zinchenko

Even F?bio Vieira is a brilliant talent for midfield

Yes they suck

Spurs will finish above them against so will united. Even Chelsea might.

JamDav1982

Would have been best midfielder by a fair bit.

Kessie looked decent in space but struggled when closed quickly.

Roberto is pish.

Nico was ok.

Busi still cant move and Pedri wasnt much better on that front tonight.

mc_lovin

Part of me wants us to go into the season with him at CB. Just imagine Xavi and Iniesta in midfield with a guy like Frenkie behind them driving the ball into space... forget defending :lol:

Ansu - Lewa - Raphina
Pedri - Busquets - Gavi/Kessie
Alba - Frenkie - Araujo - Kounde

Maybe switch Kounde and Araujo depending on what type of fullback you need ('DM' or overlapping type). Could be really intriguing.

impeh

Hi, its me..
xavi saying he likes him at CB is basically telling him he should leave. Shame, i prefer him to all our midfielders along with pedri, who plays a different role anyway.

World cup this year, doesnt sound like he'll get many minutes in the midfield until then.

serghei

xavi saying he likes him at CB is basically telling him he should leave. Shame, i prefer him to all our midfielders along with pedri, who plays a different role anyway.

World cup this year, doesnt sound like he'll get many minutes in the midfield until then.

I'd prefer to give the game time to Pedri and Gavi personally. I doubt De Jong is gonna develop by leaps and bounds. You're not gonna make him develop attacking instincts that he just doesn't possess.

But watching the classico, I can see why Xavi wants Bernardo.

FinBarcelonafan

I'd prefer to give the game time to Pedri and Gavi personally. I doubt De Jong is gonna develop by leaps and bounds. You're not gonna make him develop attacking instincts that he just doesn't possess.

But watching the classico, I can see why Xavi wants Bernardo.

Exactly. When you look at City and what made them great yesterday, their whole offense is just lethal. They can all do something offensively. Rodri being the only more defensive guy but even he can kick now and then.

Basically Frenkie is a guy who brings the ball up and then he loses his mind. Xavi ain't fan of that.

Kounde can do same dribbles as Frenkie but stronger defensively.

JamDav1982

Frenkie was better in final third the past couple seasons than any other mid and involved a lot.

Can see difference he made when coming on vs Frankfurt etc.

The issue is his cost on books and when being asked to stay higher up just isnt his game but to make out he gets lost in final third is just wrong and Silva is not some game breaker through goals/assists from that area as much as some seem to think.

FinBarcelonafan

True that he looked better Vs Frankfurt but we got Kessie and Gavi/Pedri keep growing.

Long-term it's probably better to give minutes to Gavi and Pedri.

JamDav1982

True that he looked better Vs Frankfurt but we got Kessie and Gavi/Pedri keep growing.

Long-term it's probably better to give minutes to Gavi and Pedri.

Not against selling FDJ due to his costs and Xavi as coach needs to be allowed to do that but to make out he has no idea in final third etc is wrong.

Like Silva but think he is over rated a bit on here and not sure will bring as much as folk assume.

If Silva signs will struggle to keep x4 mids happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans