Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

He could be a very decent RB.

Still all this midfield competition may kick him on another level.

Last edited:

Birdy

I think he'd move for City, Bayern, or Liverpool. Actual top tier clubs, but none are interested. Chelsea seems on the way down to me. And United is Arsenal level.

United and even Chelsea by the looks of it are steps down looking at the direction Barca is going in.

I didn't get why Guardiola was not interested.
Frenkie better than Kalvin-Philips all day of the week, and he plays the exact same position (2nd DM next to Rodri)...

Can't see Bayern or Liverpool getting interested for him anytime soon.
Bayern got Gravenbeg, are after Laimer, and have Goretska and Kimmich already
Liverpool have their plans set for Bellingham next summer.

Apart from United, only Chelsea are possible IMO this window or the next windows

serghei

I didn't get why Guardiola was not interested.
Frenkie better than Kalvin-Philips all day of the week, and he plays the exact same position (2nd DM next to Rodri)...

Can't see Bayern or Liverpool getting interested for him anytime soon.
Bayern got Gravenbeg, are after Laimer, and have Goretska and Kimmich already
Liverpool have their plans set for Bellingham next summer.

Apart from United, only Chelsea are possible IMO this window or the next windows

I think they have Rodri, and Guardiola also doesn't rate De Jong as a world class box to box player. They also play 4-3-3 almost all the time and don't fancy a double pivot, which would suit De Jong more.

De Jong - Rodri double pivot is not something Pep would be inclined to play with.

The problem with De Jong is that he has proven himself to be quite an underwhelming interior.

JamDav1982

Fair chance Pep/City and other clubs have eyes on Bellingham for midfield next summer.

Could well be cheaper on books and he is English slot to boot.

Bellingham/Foden/Phillips is decent English base to team for years.

Phillips is a completely different player to FDJ. More of a sitter who tries to zing ball about pitch early.

If Pep is mentioning trying to get as many balls into box for Haaland as can maybe he wants that early ball wide and getting it in.

Zidane82

I think he'd move for City, Bayern, or Liverpool. Actual top tier clubs, but none are interested. Chelsea seems on the way down to me. And United is Arsenal level.

United and even Chelsea by the looks of it are steps down looking at the direction Barca is going in.

Arsenal will be a threat this season ... prob more so than Chelsea or Spurs

Birdy

Arsenal will be a threat this season ... prob more so than Chelsea or Spurs

Agree.
Tottenham signed well this summer as well and have Conte.

I see a total catfight between Chelsea, Spurs, and Arsenal for the 2 CL spots, much more than the Spurs-Arsenal last season...
City and Liverpool still far ahead.
UTD still needing a lot of work to get into top-4, ain't happening this season...

Zidane82

Wonder why they spent so much on a volatile, unpredictable player like Richarlison who plays virtually the same area and position as Son ??

snowy

Tuchel is great at organizing defence but sorta impotent in attack. If he loses Ziyech to Milan + CHO and Pul don't fill the void, Chelsea will have a hard time making top 4

his saving grace is the addition of Gallagher, top attitude!

Last edited:

Catta

Chelsea look like they could implode this season. Wouldn't surprise me if Tuchel gets the sack. I expect Arsenal and Tottenham to round up the top 4 alongside the big 2.

FinBarcelonafan

Tuchel is great at organizing defence but sorta impotent in attack. If he loses Ziyech to Milan + CHO and Pul don't fill the void, Chelsea will have a hard time making top 4

his saving grace is the addition of Gallagher, top attitude!

Yep, I expect Chelsea to struggle to score goals.

iniestaGOAT

Chelsea look like they could implode this season. Wouldn't surprise me if Tuchel gets the sack. I expect Arsenal and Tottenham to round up the top 4 alongside the big 2.

LOL Arsenal is not finishing top 4. They won't ever with Arteta.

They have not bought well. They spent huge sum of money on unproven players minus Jesus again.

Nobody knows why they keep giving this clown manager so much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans