Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think they would do all that based off one conversation.

But hilarious how Bartomeu continues to be so dumb.

khaled_a_d

Just as a side note, it is interesting how an English journo has broken this news before any Catalan or Spanish outlet including the likes of Romero. Ornstein although very reliable doesn't have much Barca info yet he got this scoop.

Do we think that the likes of Romero didn't know?

Lying by omission.

This is what I think.
Also, if we want him to honour last contract, it means he has a legal case for getting his deferred wage if he leaves, while in the current contract the deferred wage isn't legally his.

DonAK

Anyway, Ornstein also reported Chelsea are willing to cover his deferred wages at Barca + presumably match Man Utd's offer. They're kinda desperate so makes sense.

Surely it sounds like he'll very likely leave then?

Horatio

You're welcome
The way Frenkie has positioned himself midst the smear campaign has me 95% convinced he will stay. Has not criticized barca publicly even once. He loves the club and his life there. Probably never felt more comfortable than seasons before with the rejuvenation of the squad, Pique's side-kick having left and Pique himself looking like a clown.

I am retracting this post. Estimate him leaving at 38% now.

El Gato

Villarato!
Who do Chelsea plan to replace with him? They did drag Saul from Atleti but hardly ever felt they need his type of player. He might be an upgrade on Kovacic but is this them saying Kante is getting too old?
I dont really understand their interest considering they have a black hole at CB

khaled_a_d

Who do Chelsea plan to replace with him? They did drag Saul from Atleti but hardly ever felt they need his type of player. He might be an upgrade on Kovacic but is this them saying Kante is getting too old?
I dont really understand their interest considering they have a black hole at CB

Jorginho and Kante are too old, not as good as once was, and have 1 year left in contract

DonAK

Both Jorginho and Kante's contracts are running out next summer and it seems like they're at standstill when it comes to renewing any of them.

Klysmakabouter

Barto is the gift that keeps on giving. At best the extension was a major dick move, but we already knew that.

Laporta is basically doing the same. Both are mortgaging the club for short term succes. If Lewa and Raphinha become Griezmann and Coutinho 2.0 you are back at square one. Maybe Laporta can then again skimp out of paying wages and do some more discount-selling of future revenue for some new star signings.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Laporta is basically doing the same. Both are mortgaging the club for short term succes. If Lewa and Raphinha become Griezmann and Coutinho 2.0 you are back at square one. Maybe Laporta can then again skimp out of paying and wages and do some more discount-selling future revenue for some new star signings.

Lewa and Raphinha alone (counting the reported add-ons) are costing us less than Coutinho base transfer fee.
If we sell Frenkie, we are spending less than 60M net in the whole summer while improving our wage structure and team at the same time.

Klysmakabouter

I am sorry for De Jong, but 30mil per season it is just crazy in situation like this.

He can have 15mil per season, thats is accetable.

But he is looking for money no to much emapthy.

Just accept Chelsea deal, you got money andclub playing CL.

30 mil a season is nowhere near the true amount. He had a contract for 12,5 mil a season when he first signed at Barca (for a reference, Lewa is now on a 18 mil/year contract). In 2020 FdJ signed a new contract which deferred his salary. He got payed 3 mil in his second season and 9 mil in his third. He should get about 18 mil a season in the next 4 seasons, this is with the deferred wages included and before taxes.

Source of the above numbers is Marcia.

Last edited:

Klysmakabouter

Lewa and Raphinha alone (counting the reported add-ons) are costing us less than Coutinho base transfer fee.
If we sell Frenkie, we are spending less than 60M net in the whole summer while improving our wage structure and team at the same time.

Yeah, IF you sell FdJ. But Laporta did not sell FdJ before he bought new players As it stands now Barca paid 150 mil on transfer fees and sold for a mere 28 mil.

Lewa banks a 18 mil salary/year and came with a 45 mil transfer fee (for a 3 year contract at the age of almost 34).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans