Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

All I'm getting is Laporta and the Board have run out of options and are going the nuclear route and there's a big chance that could fail as well.

And these guys still have the gall to try and sign Bernardo Silva after this which is fucking hilarious if you ask me. Willing to go this far to try and get FDJ off the books and turn it around and buy Bernardo Silva after this.

Birdy

All I'm getting is Laporta and the Board have run out of options and are going the nuclear route and there's a big chance that could fail as well.

And these guys still have the gall to try and sign Bernardo Silva after this which is fucking hilarious if you ask me. Willing to go this far to try and get FDJ off the books and turn it around and buy Bernardo Silva after this.

Nothing hillarious.
Xavi was clear that if Barca wants to have a TOP squad to compete in all competitions he needs 5 pieces:
RAphinia and the renewal of Dembele
Lewa
Kounde
Bernardo

Right now we are at 4/5. Good, but not perfect.

At the same time, Xavi has made it clear to Laporta and the board that FDJ is expendable. He has been meh, and could never become a WC interior that Bernardo already is.

The financial situation is what makes his exit not just desirable BUT absolutely necessary...
If Frenkie continues his hardball "I am not leaving AND not taking paycut" stance, he is going down the avenue of becoming a leech
and the situation with the fans will soon become ubearable.
He already knows that for Xavi he is expendable and can watch from the bench the entire season

Zidane82

Nothing hillarious.
Xavi was clear that if Barca wants to have a TOP squad to compete in all competitions he needs 5 pieces:
RAphinia and the renewal of Dembele
Lewa
Kounde
Bernardo

Right now we are at 4/5. Good, but not perfect.

At the same time, Xavi has made it clear to Laporta and the board that FDJ is expendable. He has been meh, and could never become a WC interior that Bernardo already is.

The financial situation is what makes his exit not just desirable BUT absolutely necessary...
If Frenkie continues his hardball "I am not leaving AND not taking paycut" stance, he is going down the avenue of becoming a leech
and the situation with the fans will soon become ubearable.
He already knows that for Xavi he is expendable and can watch from the bench the entire season

I actually agree with all of the above

khaled_a_d

Yeah, IF you sell FdJ. But Laporta did not sell FdJ before he bought new players As it stands now Barca paid 150 mil on transfer fees and sold for a mere 28 mil.

Lewa banks a 18 mil salary/year and came with a 45 mil transfer fee (for a 3 year contract at the age of almost 34).

Lewandowski improves the squad immensely, he is comming for half what CR7 joined Juve for example while being just 6 months older.
And yeah, if we don't sell Frenkie it is still 125M+ net, still not the worst.
And generally this is why we are trying to sell Frenkie, he isn't worth the money and the board job is to do what is best for the club and not to cater to the overpaid players

Givenchy

He has 2 options:

Take the wage cut and play in a competitive team fighting for all trophies available.

or

Join United, probably on huge wages + ex-manager but kiss goodbye to any chance at trophies.

I feel some sympathy for Laporta due to him inheriting a clusterfuck of a mess from Barto (put that cunt in jail ffs) but we really did Frenkie dirty this summer. They should of sat down and discussed the situation instead of agree a deal with a club he has no interest in joining - that is an insult in itself. Sad part is, I still think he would of accepted a wage reduction if Barca went about this in the correct way.

I salute Frenkie for being a professional in this situation and hope for his sake Chelsea or another CL club come in for him and he accepts his exit. Ideally him accepting a wage cut means we keep a quality midfielder but like [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION] said, I think it's just delaying the inevitable and obvious; he has no place in Xavi's system.

Klysmakabouter

Lewandowski improves the squad immensely, he is comming for half what CR7 joined Juve for example while being just 6 months older.
And yeah, if we don't sell Frenkie it is still 125M+ net, still not the worst.
And generally this is why we are trying to sell Frenkie, he isn't worth the money and the board job is to do what is best for the club and not to cater to the overpaid players

Your missing my point. Which is Laporta is taking huge risks to pay for Lewa, Raphinha and Kounde. Again, 150 mil in transfer fees paid and 28 mil received. To pay for this Laporta has mortgaged the clubs future revenue.

Turns out the president of La Liga is currently still stating Barca does NOT meet the ffp requirements. Even with all these levers they stil cannot register the new players. Now Laporte has to bully out FdJ with legal threats because of all the risk he took. Which is unethical to say the least.

You think this focus on short term succes is best for the club, let s agree to disagree. If it fails, Laporta leaves a bigger mess then Barto even.

Last edited:

Klysmakabouter

Btw, I cannot believe Xavi would bench FdJ if he stays and does not take the pay cut. He is better than Kessie and Gavi imho and Barca is in no way incentivized to bench him (that would massively devalue FdJ, making the huge investments Barca already made all for nothing).

He could still earn Barca a decent transferfee in the near future. Which is a possibility if he plays decent enough for The Netherlands during the World Championship this year. His starting spot there is pretty much guaranteed (even if Xavi would bench him). How much you guys are stating otherwise, when used in the right position FdJ is still a very gifted player.

I think his agents are betting on this scenario aswell. There is a reason Barca are now seeking to pressure him with legal measures.

Last edited:

serghei

I don't think De Jong is much wrong here if he plays well from now on. It's all on that crook Bartomeu.

De Jong can very well be pissed we're trying to get rid of him now when we're basically building a competitive team.

His wage is a tough cookie to swallow, but we'll have to do it in the end if De Jong is not helping the club here.

I do think De Jong should, in the end, negotiate something with the club. Would be best for both parties to set aside their ego and reach some sort of compromise.

Last edited:

Falcao

So looks what’s breaking. Don’t doubt Ornstein. You can still love your club but call out what’s going on as despicable.

khaled_a_d

He could still earn Barca a decent transferfee in the near future. Which is a possibility if he plays decent enough for The Netherlands during the World Championship this year.

I think his agents are betting on this scenario aswell. There is a reason Barca are now seeking to pressure him with legal measures.

He can earn us a good sum if he just signs for Chelsea.
He will get his money and more, we get our transfer fee, Chelsea gets a good player. Everybody wins.
Good world cup won't change much if any.
Now he is resisting and insisting on staying in such toxic situation for both him and the club that was engineered by previous board (after it was known that the fans are voting for their removal in few days, which Frenkie himself was aware of).
It doesn't help anyone really, even if he becomes a starter, the club don't see him as a long term player anymore.
Why delay the inevitable?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He can earn us a good sum if he just signs for Chelsea.
He will get his money and more, we get our transfer fee, Chelsea gets a good player. Everybody wins.
Good world cup won't change much if any.
Now he is resisting and insisting on staying in such toxic situation for both him and the club that was engineered by previous board (after it was known that the fans are voting for their removal in few days, which Frenkie himself was aware of).
It doesn't help anyone really, even if he becomes a starter, the club don't see him as a long term player anymore.
Why delay the inevitable?

Couldn?t agree more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans