Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My take: Frenkie has been an underwhelming signing and I am a big fan of him. Too passive for me way too often.

But he's also our best or second best midfielder depending on where you want to place Pedri. Gavi is very overrated even though he is a fine talent. He need to go back to basics as for the last 6 months or so the only thing he does on the pitch is running around like a headless chicken apart from the odd moment where he shows his proper skills.

Kessie is not even worth talking about and Busquets is a relic.

jamrock

Hugely underwhelming.

But hey don't compare him to what is expected of him, lower the bar, so he can look decent.

JamDav1982

Imagine thinking Kessie was better than FDJ and him bing 5th choice then lying about him not being a bad buy!

Imagine still not getting the point that Kessie being brought up is not some point scoring for him being better... but to point out the stupidity of how low some folk rate FDJ to think Kessie was better.

Frenkie.. best mid in time at club, best mid this season and best player since Xavi realised mistake and best Barca mid at world cup.

It is lovely to reminisce on when FDJ was class away to Napoli, away to Real, away to PSG etc but lets look closer to home and recent games when been MOTM at single pivot, MOTM at CM, MOTM at CM and CB against ten men when wins the game in last minute with pass as good as any this season to Raphinha and late winner.

Lets hope Xavi keeps him with important role in team and he continues to perform and help Barca win league.

Lets all hope together. One and all.

JamDav1982

My take: Frenkie has been an underwhelming signing and I am a big fan of him. Too passive for me way too often.

But he's also our best or second best midfielder depending on where you want to place Pedri. Gavi is very overrated even though he is a fine talent. He need to go back to basics as for the last 6 months or so the only thing he does on the pitch is running around like a headless chicken apart from the odd moment where he shows his proper skills.

I would agree not much between him and Pedri and it may be by end of season Pedri is the better of the two but FDJ has to be in there and is far ahead of Busquets and Gavi.

FDJ has been better this season again when back in team for me and was best midfielder in team last year also. Probably cost Barca EL when put in Gavi/Pedri/Busi midfield v Frankfurt.

Just the usual folk clueless that try any angle and were screeching about the skill set of Kessie being better for Barca than FDJ.

Absolutely moronic.

malvolio

So second best/best midfielder for a EL team and a shit Netherlands NT. 85M transfer fee + another 80-100M in salary? signing right here. Steal of the fucking century!

jamrock

Best mid at the club
Best mid for that season

No where close to being on of THE Best.
But hey glooory be to Jesus for the Copa del Rey

JamDav1982

So second best/best midfielder for a EL team and a shit Netherlands NT. 85M transfer fee + another 80-100M in salary? signing right here. Steal of the fucking century!

Far better than shite like Busquets you twerk for.

While you claim Pedri is most over rated player in team etc.

Harsh to claim they are a EL team when part of reason they are probably out of the CL is Xavi not starting him in both the EL last season v Frankfurt last season.

JamDav1982

Best mid at the club
Best mid for that season

No where close to being on of THE Best.
But hey glooory be to Jesus for the Copa del Rey

Top clubs would take him and pay big money.

Far better than 5th choice and shite you rate above him.

Lets see if FDJ now with place in team can help Barca win the league.

Keep twerking for your man Busi and likes of Kessie... fair have an eye for a player haha.

You still claiming 'no one said he was a bad buy'?

Or that just latest wee lie?

jamrock

By the end of the season.

Pedri will be better than him.

gavi will continue to be either just as good if not better, which is what he's been since coming through compared to De jong.

JamDav1982

By the end of the season.

Pedri will be better than him.

gavi will continue to be either just as good if not better, which is what he's been since coming through compared to De jong.

So FDJ is currently the best?

Gavi has not been even close to 'just as good'.

You have no idea. Stop embarrasing yourself claiming Kessie, Busi etc have been better and now Gavi on a par.

No Gavi hasnt been on a par with FDJ by anyone with half a brain. FDJ been clear.

jamrock

Top clubs would take him and pay big money.

Far better than 5th choice and shite you rate above him.

Lets see if FDJ now with place in team can help Barca win the league.

Keep twerking for your man Busi and likes of Kessie... fair have an eye for a player haha.

You still claiming 'no one said he was a bad buy'?

Or that just latest wee lie?

Yea because so many wanted to pay big money got him this summer.

If given the choice, all "big clubs" would take Pedri & Gavi over his underwhelming ass performances.

jamrock

So FDJ is currently the best?

Gavi has not been even close to 'just as good'.

You have no idea. Stop embarrasing yourself claiming Kessie, Busi etc have been better and now Gavi on a par.

No Gavi hasnt been on a par with FDJ by anyone with half a brain. FDJ been clear.

Nah he's 3rd, Pedri better

Gavi & him about equal, but gavi is 18 and free, he's 25 and cost 85m euros, so gavi edges it.

JamDav1982

Yea because so many wanted to pay big money got him this summer.

If given the choice, all "big clubs" would take Pedri & Gavi over his underwhelming ass performances.

Yeah he could have gone in summer...and will have good options again.

No chance.

You are the man who claims this seasons Kessie and Busi are better so stop thinking you have a clue.

Has FDJ been best mid this season?

Nope Gavi has not been equal at all.. FDJ been clear at Barca and at WC.

Gavi still young though.

Calma Kessie man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans