Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

BTW, where was he for that Messi run before the first Argentina goal? Can't keep up with a 35 year old Messi, but is one of the best DMs in the business.

JamDav1982

BTW, where was he for that Messi run before the first Argentina goal? Can't keep up with a 35 year old Messi, but is one of the best DMs in the business.

Aye Busi would have been there to take ball off Messi.

Unless the argument is FDJ tackles everyone, every time then the point is redundant.

Try again.

FDJ has 2nd most tackles and most interceptions in the Barca team if want to compare him to the others.

Lets see if Messi misses a chance in next two games and point is accepted that makes him a poor finisher...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I would sell him if we can, but if the replacement options are Zubimendi and Neves then better keep him than wasting 70m on a far inferior replacement after selling him for 80m.

That's the biggest issue with the club. Even if you want to sell Frenkie because he has been underwhelming can you really trust them to get an upgrade? I don't trust them at all and I certainly do not trust Xavi with it either.

jamrock

Yeah he could have gone in summer...and will have good options again.

No chance.

You are the man who claims this seasons Kessie and Busi are better so stop thinking you have a clue.

Has FDJ been best mid this season?

Nope Gavi has not been equal at all.. FDJ been clear at Barca and at WC.

Gavi still young though.

Calma Kessie man.

Every Single big club would obviously take Pedri over Frankie not even a contest there

Gavi the majority would take, no one bar man UTD wanted him, because they all see what most have the sense to see, he's a good player, but for the money asked not exceptional.

Idk what you think the kessie point does for me but ooh well keep em coming, 85m dollar man, better than the man we got for free,in his first season at a new club STUNNING developments.

I hope be keeps playing well though, at least you won't hide away then.

JamDav1982

One of reasons they can sell him is because of level he has played at.

I would rather sign a DM and have FDJ more of a box to box role and Pedri the AM.

Pedri and Gavi both at CM for me currently doesnt cut it and they look better near enough every time FDJ is one of the two.

jamrock

I would sell him if we can, but if the replacement options are Zubimendi and Neves then better keep him than wasting 70m on a far inferior replacement after selling him for 80m.

That's the biggest issue with the club. Even if you want to sell Frenkie because he has been underwhelming can you really trust them to get an upgrade? I don't trust them at all and I certainly do not trust Xavi with it either.

This I agree with as well, if we are gonna sell him, it has to be to get someone that is clearly better.

Like someone said, our record on buying players having been great recently, de jong included in that, if we take into consideration what was expected of him.

JamDav1982

Every Single big club would obviously take Pedri over Frankie not even a contest there

Gavi the majority would take, no one bar man UTD wanted him, because they all see what most have the sense to see, he's a good player, but for the money asked not exceptional.

Idk what you think the kessie point does for me but ooh well keep em coming, 85m dollar man, better than the man we got for free,in his first season at a new club STUNNING developments.

I hope be keeps playing well though, at least you won't hide away then.

I agree every club would take Pedri and a lot would take Pedri over him...makes no difference to my point.

Gavi they would take and wanted him as young and potential but not as good as FDJ

FDJ is far better at just about evrything than Gavi this season.. from on ball, range, movement to defensively being levels above also.

Gavi and Pedri is not that level yet as a pair and are far better when FDJ one of the two.

Haha what is this 'hiding' claim.

Proven liar lying again.

Do better.

JamDav1982

This I agree with as well, if we are gonna sell him, it has to be to get someone that is clearly better.

Like someone said, our record on buying players having been great recently, de jong included in that, if we take into consideration what was expected of him.

So you claiming again FDJ is a bad buy or not?

Where is the lie at now?

Keep up with yourself lye.

FDJ been one of better buys in recent years when look at what was expected.. Best mid and retained value.

malvolio

maybe in the top10? id have to sit there and really think about it.

messi has and will continue to have moments against even the best dms. absurd comment.

what's so absurd? that was a moment when frenkie's agility, speed, reading of the play and reaction should have been better, against an old messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans