Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

I actually think he’s too proactive defensively. He’s not good at holding his ground compared to even guys like Kroos. If a player runs at one of these two I think Kroos is more likely to stop him.
Running straight at them maybe because Frenkie is a bit weak and twitchy but they wouldnt need to run at Kroos they would just pass or dribble around him because he is slow as a snail.

Agree that Frenkie could be stronger in the tackle tho and more of a defensive presence.

JamDav1982

Kroos would be an absolute disaster if ever asked to play the defensive roles FDJ gets at Barca at times.

He isnt that player.

He has better range and striker of a ball than FDJ who is decent at that himself.

Kroos has that Scholes like zing that no Barca player has.

BerkeleyBernie

Frenkie is one of the most progressive midfielders in the world.

I trust my eyes, not statistics. Teammates pass the ball back to him, he passes it forward to them, rinse/repeat. Just because the ball is moving forward from a deeper position ("progressive") doesn't make him *offensive*.

The two attacking moves in his wheelhouse are charging runs from deep and midrange balls over the top. That's about it.

JamDav1982

FDJ is very progressive player clearly.

Both on the dribble and with ball at feet for a pass.

Made best two passes of game yesterday along with Cancelos cross.

Co0ter

I trust my eyes, not statistics. Teammates pass the ball back to him, he passes it forward to them, rinse/repeat. Just because the ball is moving forward from a deeper position ("progressive") doesn't make him *offensive*.

The two attacking moves in his wheelhouse are charging runs from deep and midrange balls over the top. That's about it.
De Jong is constantly running into space and making himself available in the midfield. Everyone else seems to be just standing around. He doesn't make those runs because he always wants to, he has to because no one else looks comfortable with the ball at their feet for more than 2 seconds other than Pedri.

We are lucky to have him. How cucks like you and Jamrock are still dying on that hill is hilarious.

It's a shame we didn't sell De Jong, Gavi would be controlling our midfield no problem!

jamrock

De Jong is constantly running into space and making himself available in the midfield. Everyone else seems to be just standing around. He doesn't make those runs because he always wants to, he has to because no one else looks comfortable with the ball at their feet for more than 2 seconds other than Pedri.

We are lucky to have him. How cucks like you and Jamrock are still dying on that hill is hilarious.

It's a shame we didn't sell De Jong, Gavi would be controlling our midfield no problem!

How many times I gotta tell you, to shut it when it comes to football and stay in your little corner, jeeezas Christ!!!.

You really think you got one and getting super hyper like a little baby, because De jong is finally after all this time starting to not be a big waste of money, xavi finally built a Midfield tailor made for him limitations lol.

But we'll still sell him though & use half the money we get to replace him and he won't be miss, just give it time.

Co0ter

How many times I gotta tell you, to shut it when it comes to football and stay in your little corner, jeeezas Christ!!!.

You really think you got one and getting super hyper like a little baby, because De jong is finally after all this time starting to not be a big waste of money, xavi finally built a Midfield tailor made for him limitations lol.

But we'll still sell him though & use half the money we get to replace him and he won't be miss, just give it time.
Bud, you just keep talking about game knowledge yet keep taking L's. If you run your mouth, you got to back it up. Your insults are meaningless.

At this point I'm tired of being right Jammy Boi.

------> Xavi built a midfield tailor made for De Jong consisting of Oriol Romeu LOL Now you're just getting desperate.

iniestaGOAT

Bud, you just keep talking about game knowledge yet keep taking L's. If you run your mouth, you got to back it up. Your insults are meaningless.

------> Xavi built a midfield tailor made for De Jong consisting of Oriol Romeu LOL Now you're just getting desperate.

I am afraid you are the one taking a big fat L in here

Now go ahead and apologize

Barca forum is waiting

jamrock

Lol @ oriol Romeu, so clearly don't get it.

He should be thanking Xavi really and me, I know he came on here and read my fair & honest criticism and decided to get it shit together and fight for his spot.

Instead of whining like his fan boys about Xavi playing favorites when he was on the bench.

Good for the chap, thank Xavi for going double pivot, the only system he's consistently useful in and thank me shortly after.

JamDav1982

Best player in team and best decision made for board was him refusing to leave.

Usual clueless folk who think 'formation change was made to suit FDJ'

Was the best player in the team in the run up to the world cup in the 433 when Gavi had lost his place as starter after and Xavi realised mistake in trying to sell him.

Was the best midfielder the season before when Barca had best run of form under Xavi.

Season before that he was best player in team after Messi.

Xavi changed away from 433 not for FDJ who was his best mid in that formation but because Barca were beaten by Real, out of CL and behind in league. It allowed more protection for Busquets who was a clear weakness and there was not LW nailing down a spot allowing Gavi to find a place.

But numpties make out 'but he changed the formation for FDJ'.

Usual folk have no clue and bum up Romeu as a good signing and still dont get it on FDJ.

Same folk who post videos about 'positional play' under Xavi in his first season that has FDJ as most prominent player.

Same folk who think Gavi is better than FDJ in midfield... I shit you not those exist.

Xavi rates him up there as best in the world and for good reason. These are the type of midfielders the top teams are looking for.. see City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real teams.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

He's literally the only one that's consistently not just passing it to the next man. The only one taking it on his shoulders to make something happen.

JamDav1982

He's literally the only one that's consistently not just passing it to the next man. The only one taking it on his shoulders to make something happen.

Nah just sell him and replace him with Gavi... or Kessie... or Rabiot.... or Fabian Ruiz.

All players that the usual folk think 'can do what FDJ does'.

Keep signing players like Romeu that these same folk think makes sense and will be good this season.

Kul_z

Nah just sell him and replace him with Gavi... or Kessie... or Rabiot.... or Fabian Ruiz.

All players that the usual folk think 'can do what FDJ does'.

Keep signing players like Romeu that these same folk think makes sense and will be good this season.
Fabian ruiz was the climax lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans