Gabriel Jesus

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fuck Real Madrid, I swear, every time we want someone they come and spoil the deal.

What a despicable club from the stench capital.

At the same time, IF the report is true, shame on our staff for not doing enough to secure this.

Last edited:

God Serena

It is like this with every transfer we make. No point freaking out about it until we actually see it happen.

They've supposedly beaten us to all of Neymar, Suarez, and Rakitic, yet those players slotted into our XI and won us the treble.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What I want to know is, if Palmeiras reps did come to Barcelona first and met with our club, what happened behind the scenes? What made us decide to let him slide? Price?

Nevertheless, this decision could bite us in the ass for many years to come.

Last edited:

God Serena

What I want to know is, if Palmeiras reps did come to Barcelona first and met with our club, what happened behind the scenes? What made us decide to let him slide? Price?

Nevertheless, this decision could bite us in the ass for many years to come.

Nothing indicates we have let him slide. Hell, the odds of him being anywhere near RM are pretty low.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Imo., we only need a solid La Liga striker for a backup. Wouldn't mind a loan for Suarez backup either and save money for next season.

I do admit 24 mil. is nothing in todays market and we wouldn't do bad if he floped as his hype secures the re-sale value.

Messi983

For now this are just rumours. He won't sign anywhere at least until the end of Olympics.

Anyway, I've watched more of his highlights over the last few days and I don't really see that much special in him. I believe some people here are overrating him and I got the same feeling as with Pogba - either we get GJ or it's a bust. At least I can understand that thinking with Pogba as he has proven himself in big European team. GJ did nothing so far. I could be wrong but right now I think there are more chances he turns out the next Robinho then next Neymar in Europe. So if we get him I'd give him a chance and hope for the best but if we won't I won't really cry for missing out on him.

I'm also affraid of his 3rd part ownership (DIS group) so another opportunitiy for us to f*** everything up like we did with Neymar. I just don't think this kid is worth going through all troubles again... I prefer Vietto. He's shown he can play in La Liga and I also like Argentinians more than Brazilians anwyay. :p So sign Vietto, get ride of deadweight and finish our transfers for this season.

Apparently according to Di Marzio, Suning (the majority owner of Inter Milan) has reached an agreement with Gabriel Jesus and Palmeiras to buy him for 30m next January (during the Chinese winter transfer window) and register him as a player for Chinese Super League team Jiangsu Suning and immediately loan him to Inter.

I hope this is not true. Please.

I think Fifa should forbid these kind of deals. Both Milan clubs (and possibly also some smaller clubs like Asspanyol and Granada) with Chinese owners will probably try do a lot of this in the future.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
For now this are just rumours. He won't sign anywhere at least until the end of Olympics.

Anyway, I've watched more of his highlights over the last few days and I don't really see that much special in him. I believe some people here are overrating him and I got the same feeling as with Pogba - either we get GJ or it's a bust. At least I can understand that thinking with Pogba as he has proven himself in big European team. GJ did nothing so far. I could be wrong but right now I think there are more chances he turns out the next Robinho then next Neymar in Europe. So if we get him I'd give him a chance and hope for the best but if we won't I won't really cry for missing out on him.

I'm also affraid of his 3rd part ownership (DIS group) so another opportunitiy for us to f*** everything up like we did with Neymar. I just don't think this kid is worth going through all troubles again... I prefer Vietto. He's shown he can play in La Liga and I also like Argentinians more than Brazilians anwyay. :p So sign Vietto, get ride of deadweight and finish our transfers for this season.

I think Fifa should forbid these kind of deals. Both Milan clubs (and possibly also some smaller clubs like Asspanyol and Granada) with Chinese owners will probably try do a lot of this in the future.

I agree that FIFA should forbid deals like that, if true. But this case is unique and will not happen to AC Milsn and Espanyol because their Chines owners do not own a professional football team in China.

Jombi

Vietto has been utter crap for Atletico, his mentality looks really weak (unlike GJ) and he is NOT going to get confidence or form back by playing 7 games per season as Suarez' backup! He should only be an emergency loan until GJ joins IMO. Watch his games first.

YayaCrazy

They're saying here that GJ has four concrete offers: Barça, City, Real and Bayern.
Some are saying Bayern is the strongest one because they are almost selling Gotze to Borussia. They would use Gotze money to buy GJ.
Some are saying Barça almost gave up on Gabriel.
Globoesporte confirmed that Mattos has some meetings scheduled with Real Madrid's directors.
Gabriel said he'll not leave Palmeiras until january 2017 or even august 2017. He said he'll just decide where to play when the time comes.

I have to tell you guys something. I don't know why you want more players. Barça has the god of soccer. A club with Douglas doesn't need anyone. He's just a legend.
Now seriously, don't throw those bad vibes on Gabriel. He is a very nice guy. He may not be the new Neymar, and I think GJ will not become the great star everyone is predicting. He shouldn't be seen as the next Ballon D'Or player, but as a valueable resource.
Don't blame the kid because of the hype, he didn't created it, and even if he is taking advantage of the hype to sign a great deal (as almost every player), it's easy to understand that this is the best and probably the only chance in his life. I mean, he didn't have money to buy flip-flops to play in the varzea (really amateur football) when he was younger.

Trickykid

Home of Barca Fans