Gabriel Jesus

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's Marca though. Why would you trust them?

Maybe the part about us withdrawing is questionable, but I'd think they are pretty accurate with Real Madrid transfers? I remember they were the first that broke the deal of Toni Kroos, long before any German media outlets did.

This is the worst case scenario for us. If we don't get him it is OK if he goes to another club like Milan, but not Real, not Bayern.

Trickykid

Maybe the part about us withdrawing is questionable, but I'd think they are pretty accurate with Real Madrid transfers? I remember they were the first that broke the deal of Toni Kroos, long before any German media outlets did.

This is the worst case scenario for us. If we don't get him it is OK if he goes to another club like Milan, but not Real, not Bayern.

Worst case scenario? You're talking about this kid, as if he's the next O Fenomeno. 9 out of 10 of these wonder kids flop, and before he's proven himself in Europe, there's really no need for any panic.

But hey, that's the Barça forum in a nutshell. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Isco, Kovacic and now Jesus will be our undoing and Los Merengues will reign supreme until the end of times.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Worst case scenario? You're talking about this kid, as if he's the next O Fenomeno. 9 out of 10 of these wonder kids flop, and before he's proven himself in Europe, there's really no need for any panic.

But hey, that's the Barça forum in a nutshell. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Isco, Kovacic and now Jesus will be our undoing and Los Merengues will reign supreme until the end of times.

Sure they can fail, no club has a 100% track record in signings but the more signings they do the chances of success become bigger as well. I don't think it is hard to understand that I don't want our biggest enemies to land some of the best prospects out there.

The bottom line is we should be competing in full force against the other elite clubs for a gem like Gabriel Jesus.

Ahmedd

And how can you be 100% sure that he isn't going to be a beast ? It's always a gamble with those kids, even with Neymar we weren't 100% sure. If you buy him you have 50/50 % chance that he will succeed, and at least you can be sure that he will not succeed in a rival team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If I got a penny for every time I saw Luft being worried about something, I'd be a billionaire by now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If I got a penny for every time I saw Luft being worried about something, I'd be a billionaire by now.

Please show me the 1 billion times (or one million, let me make it easier for you) I got worried and I will write you a check.

Trickykid

Sure they can fail, no club has a 100% track record in signings but we should be competing in full force against the other elite clubs for a gem like Gabriel Jesus.

I don't think it is hard to understand that I don't want our biggest enemies to land some of the best prospects out there.
There's so much talent out there, and we can't sign all of it, let alone prevent other big clubs from taking a slice of the cake.
That shouldn't be too hard to understand either.

I bet you would've been all hot and bothered if Real had signed a talent like Marlon on the cheap, but that's somehow downplayed, as the strategy in the capital, is the one to strive for...

Trickykid

And how can you be 100% sure that he isn't going to be a beast ? It's always a gamble with those kids, even with Neymar we weren't 100% sure. If you buy him you have 50/50 % chance that he will succeed, and at least you can be sure that he will not succeed in a rival team.

Where did I claim to be 100% sure he wouldn't succeed? He's obviously a very exciting talent, but I can't even begin to count the number of players who dazzled the world at a young age, only to flop hard later on.
I would love talent like him at Barça, but as I've said above, we just can't buy it all. This summer, our transfer strategy has been extremely commendable, and I won't throw a hissy fit if we lose out on one of our targets.

Oh, and please don't compare this kid to Nerman, who was 10 times more proven when he came here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There's so much talent out there, and we can't sign all of it, let alone prevent other big clubs from taking a slice of the cake.
That shouldn't be too hard to understand either.

I bet you would've been all hot and bothered if Real had signed a talent like Marlon on the cheap, but that's somehow downplayed, as the strategy in the capital, is the one to strive for...

Well, I didn't know much about Marlon until we signed him for the B team. Yes, even though we say defense wins games, but attacking players are the ones that draw the biggest attention and make our mouth watery.

Now I have seen Gabriel Jesus playing a few times I am really convinced that he is one of the leaders of the next generation of stars, IF he doesn't fail dramatically. I think he would be the bedrock of any team's offense line for many years to come.

Of course we can't sign every single bright talent out there. But this kid is a real deal in my opinion. What irks me is we seemed to have shown some serious interest in him and then all of sudden we backed off, for some reason. The price is peanuts compared to what Manchester United paid for Martial and how much Bayern paid for Sanches even. Going by some reports, Palmeiras reps went to Barcelona first and that was the end of it. Sport deleted a previous story of the club big wigs meeting to discuss how to sign him as if he was totally forgotten.

IF all the reports in the past week or so are to believed, the only explanation is that I guess the club no longer rates him, which perplexes me.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I thought Robert was in Brazil to watch him this Weekend?
So we don´t rate him but watch him play. :lol:

1-We don't know if we like him or not.
2-It is called scouting,and it is normal that you can get contradicting opinions and the Sporting director could watch him personally b4 making a decision.

Home of Barca Fans