Gabriel Jesus

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have no hopes for that transfer anymore. Sounds like City confirming the deal is just a matter of time now, wish him good luck there.

The fact that there has been no news linking him to Bayern makes me very leery and scared. Bayern always does this, pulling a signing out of nowhere.

The last thing I want is him being hijacked by Bayern or Real Madrid. If we don't get him I'd rather him join Guardiola at City.

Trickykid

Pep was inexperienced in singing players and in his second year of his coaching career. Give him a break! Everyone make mistakes early on in their career.

All right, all right... Alexis and Fàbregas then?
And I'll be classy and not drop the big Z bomb on you, as he was also early on in Pep's career.

George_Costanza

All right, all right... Alexis and Fàbregas then?
And I'll be classy and not drop the big Z bomb on you, as he was also early on in Pep's career.

Cesc was mostly Laporta and the board's signing. Sanchez was a decent signing, I never thought he was that bad. As for Z, it was personal issues and man-management failure rather than sporting reasoning.

Trickykid

Cesc was mostly Laporta and the board's signing. Sanchez was a decent signing, I never thought he was that bad. As for Z, it was personal issues and man-management failure rather than sporting reasoning.

No matter who's signing Fàbregas was, Pep did his best to shoehorn him into the side. It was a mistake no matter how you spin it.
I really liked Alexis too, but he never seems to be able to accomplish what Pep sought from him, which was pretty evident from Pep's interaction with him.
Pep's failings with Z was monumental. It was a bust from a sporting side and from a personal side. Everyone knew what kind of person and player he was, but yet it was blatantly apparent that Pep couldn't handle him inside or outside the pitch. Add that to the fee, and you have one of the worst big name transfers in history.

All that aside, Pep has had some stellar transfers, but I really wouldn't blindly rely on him to pick my transfer targets.

El Flaco

[tw]758733379785269249[/tw]

Gabriel Jesus confirms in an interview with Fox Sports Brazil that his move to Manchester City is done

serghei

Stupid boy... doesn't know what he's doing. So many brazilians have had amazing careers in England, won Ballon d'Ors, been best players in the world. Quite the destination for a promising south american talent I'd say, just ask Robinho.

Last edited:

Messi983

I think Robinho's career was pretty much already broken when he went to City. And they were in different position in 2010 than they are now. Robinho was coming as a saviour, GJ will be just a rotational player (if they won't loan him) of a great team (on the paper at least) with much less pressure on him to be immediately successful.

Home of Barca Fans