Gabriel Jesus

BenRobbins

Its claimed he chose pep over everybody else for his development. Quite funny as he will be loaned out for 2/3 years and by the time he gets a chance pep will have moved on lol. Idiot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A fan claims Txiki told him that when he met him. I'd want to hear that from the man himself.

Co0ter

Well that wicked sucks. We could of bought him for the same price as Vietto basically but he's younger and already better, with a much higher ceiling too. He could sub for every position upfront...should of been an easy sell to the player and easy buy with the release clause.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Its claimed he chose pep over everybody else for his development. Quite funny as he will be loaned out for 2/3 years and by the time he gets a chance pep will have moved on lol. Idiot.

Nothing funny about it, great talents should profit from great tutelage and Pep is a sought after coach - especially if you are an attacking player

I liked his game more than Gabigol and would've liked him here but he was always going to be highly sought after - wonder how much the club actually pursued or prioritised him in the end. I don't like these Brasilian talents coming over to Europe this young anyway tbh, Brasilian footballing identity really suffering atm

Trickykid

Well that wicked sucks. We could of bought him for the same price as Vietto basically but he's younger and already better, with a much higher ceiling too. He could sub for every position upfront...should of been an easy sell to the player and easy buy with the release clause.

Better than Vietto? Kid is only proven against the freakishly bad Brazilian defenses, but you actually believe that he's already better than a player who scored 20 odd goals in a single season? The Barcaforum hyperbole is strong in this thread. Can someone here fill me in on the last time a 19 year old Brazilian with 1 or two seasons under his belt went to Europe and hit it off from the get-go? Because that's exactly what we need; someone who can step in right now and right here.
Potential is no doubt there, but I can't imagine whichever top club out there snatches him, will rely on him from day 1.

And again, I know I'm repeating myself here, but Barça isn't the be all and end all of football. I wish it was as easy as some of you believe, where we just point at a player in order to sign him, completely disregarding factors such as other topclubs fighting for his signature, the player's own wishes in account to role in team, wages and so on and so forth...

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Exactly. He's a prospect. Someone who won't be ready before in 2/3 years. Not to forget he's adamant on staying until January too, and perhaps even longer. Sure I'd not mind signing him and loaning him out, because he really is a great talent and unique, but it's not like he'd come right now and be ready to take up a minor role and harm his development.

Everyone here complains when a player doesn't improve a lot, but don't seem to think about how important it is for younger players to get regular playing time.

They won't magically improve by staying on the bench and training with the best players. That's not how it works.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Gabriel Jesus hasn't proven jack shit in Europe. Vietto had his season at Villarreal even if he's been disappointing at Atleti.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nobody from those of us who want to sign him wants him to be our 4th striker as an alternative to Gameiro/Vietto. Nobody said that he is ready to play for us now and almost all of us are aware that he will not be getting the minutes that he badly needs to develop if he were to join us now. Almost all of us who want us to sign him want to loan him out. We are simply questioning why the club is not pulling the trigger. Of course, if he doesn't want to join us, not even for the future, that is totally fine and a different story.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Nobody from those of us who want to sign him wants him to be our 4th striker as an alternative to Gameiro/Vietto. Nobody said that he is ready to play for us now and almost all of us are aware that he will not be getting the minutes that he badly needs to develop if he were to join us now. Almost all of us who want us to sign him want to loan him out. We are simply questioning why the club is not pulling the trigger. Of course, if he doesn't want to join us, not even for the future, that is totally fine and a different story.

Then why is he so often being compared to Vietto and our other immediate transfer targets?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Then why is he so often being compared to Vietto and our other immediate transfer targets?

I haven't seem him being compared to Vietto frequently, honestly. Personally I'd rather spend the money on him and not get Vietto because I think we can rely on Munir and perhaps bring in some one older and more experienced for less money as the 4th striker and invest in the future.

Home of Barca Fans