Gareth Bale

Chainsaw

Killahead
In all honesty Bale is a great player and he will never ever reach his potentials if he stays in RM . Ronaldo is sucking the life out of him and the kid does not know what to do any more . RM team is there not to win cups , but to serve ronaldo tap the ball and score serving his ego and to compete with his eternal nightmare (messi ) . I guarantee Bale would have score more goals and played much better if he was playing with any other la liga team .

Ronaldo is a total jerk and for the life of me i do not understand why RM and their fans are still supporting him .

Bale is a great player, just not 100m great. His pricetag was always going to act as a heavy burden on his shoulders. Last year Bertus said Bale justified his pricetag by helping Real Madrid to win the CL, I told him wait until he hits a rusty period next season and everybody will be on his face in no time. Beside that, he's now playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. The pressure to perform, specially when you're the most expensive player in the history will always be there. So it is no surprise to see all these negative reactions toward Bale, although even IMO he's hasn't been any worse than Ronaldo performance wise.

Same story goes to James Rodriguez. He's good, but not THAT good. And the same fate awaits him if he fails to live up to his pricetag in the next season(s).

Morten

Bale is a great player, just not 100m great. His pricetag was always going to act as a heavy burden on his shoulders. Last year Bertus said Bale justified his pricetag by helping Real Madrid to win the CL, I told him wait until he hits a rusty period next season and everybody will be on his face in no time. Beside that, he's now playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. The pressure to perform, specially when you're the most expensive player in the history will always be there. So it is no surprise to see all these negative reactions toward Bale, although even IMO he's hasn't been any worse than Ronaldo performance wise.

Same story goes to James Rodriguez. He's good, but not THAT good. And the same fate awaits him if he fails to live up to his pricetag in the next season(s).

What? Why are you comparing Bale and James? James has been miles better this season.

Chainsaw

Killahead
What? Why are you comparing Bale and James? James has been miles better this season.

Huh? I wasn't comparing their season. Was saying both have cost a lot of money for Real Madrid. If James fail to live up to his pricetag arrows will get shot at him as well.

M

magicomessi

u must feel sorry for him , he won them the cl & copa del rey but still not penaldo :lol:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Bale-Benzema-Ronaldo-Assists.jpg

0 assist from Benzema, lol.

raskolnikov

Except for Hazard playing 10x better. Iniesta vs Silva debate that pops up every now and then by epl lovers is a good example usually.

Papabeef

John Toshack "There's something wrong with Bale," the two-time Santiago Bernabeu coach, who is currently in charge of Moroccan side Wydad Casablanca, told Marca. "At Tottenham he was at the centre of their attacks, he played with mobility.

"Bale is much better than he is showing for Real Madrid right now. Much better, not just a bit better. The situation is strange, he doesn't seem happy at all.

"It is true that playing for Real Madrid has a lot of pressure, but that shouldn't be the problem after two years. I see strange things, like Cristiano Ronaldo gestures and the way he looks.

"Injuries have impacted his ability to perform, admittedly. But he is suffering."

He is under performing there for many reasons but the fact he is not the "center" of attacks like in Tottenham is because he is not in "Tottenham" anymore...

Madrid is a bigger team with bigger stars, like Neymar was the center of attacks in Santos but at Barca his role naturally shrank a little since he is not the only or even main threat up front anymore since you have Messi and Suarez there too.

But difference is Neymar has a great ability to evolve and understand the teams style, also he was luckier than Bale when it comes to partners, Messi was definitely more welcoming and they became brothers before being team mates, where as Bale is struggling to even find that team mate spirit off of someone he looked up to before joining and was anxious to set foot on the same pitch with... Ronaldo.

And lets not forget how shameful (for the rest of decent Madrid fans and the Football world) its been by some fans towards Bale, Kicking his car (on separate occasions), constant booing (as with several other Madrid players though they just finally won them the Decima and CDR (on Bales' goal)

I think you add those factors in along with his injuries and you will see that both, stat wise and value on the pitch..Bale was not as bad as some people make it seem to be, but underperformed if we look at his price tag and how he was sold as "The most expensive player ever" (which is a record bound to be broken every couple of years.. as the Sport involves more finance, commercialization and fan bases..etc)

Think it will be very improbable to see both Ronaldo and Bale stay at Madrid for the next season.

what makes you think he will have more success after he leaves real ? well makelele didn't but Real certainly missed him more than they will miss bale

He is guaranteed to have more success after/if he leaves Real, mainly because he didn't really set the world on fire there. The only thing that he'll probably struggle to win, and most likely miss out on, is another CL, but everything else is probably a given unless he's sold to Monaco or Napoli.

As per RM, they *might* end up regretting him if they fail to lure Hazard to the BernaLeo.

Home of Barca Fans