Gareth Bale

serghei

Imo, Koke and Modric are the best midfielders of these two teams combined. In a combo team, there's no way I would left one of those two out. Not for Kroos, certainly not for Isco, Casemiro or anyone from Madrid or Atletico.

CuleLife4Life

Imo godin and griezzmann would be able to walk into the lineup. Carvajal is better than juanfran imo even though for some reason danilo gets more minutes.Oblak is good but he won't be able to replace navas. koke wouldn't be able to displace anyone from their lineup either. And benz is better than torres and whoever plays on their right wing isn't better than cr7.

Danilo only started more than Carvajal in the beginning of the season but after getting worse each game, Carvajal is the sole #1 and has been since Zidane took charge. Its debatable about Griezman vs Bale. Bale has been pretty great this season when he hasn't been injure and doesn't Griezmann play more of a 2nd striker position anyway?

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If Atletico wins the final, they should be considered current no.2 in Spain. Looking at the last 10 years Barca is clearly no.1 in their country and also Europe but Atletico has won as much as Real + EL in recent times.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
If Atletico wins the final, they should be considered current no.2 in Spain. Looking at the last 10 years Barca is clearly no.1 in their country and also Europe but Atletico has won as much as Real + EL in recent times.

Yeah,no. Real Madrid made 6 semi-finals in a row(more than anybody) and in the last 3 years this is the 2nd time in the final. If RM wins it'll be 2 CL's in 3years while being in the semi-finals for 6 years in a row. Who cares about EL? Winning the EL as a world-class side is not an achievement.
In the last 4 years (I'm taking 4 since Atletico wasn't a top-side before that) Atletico got first in La liga once and third 3 times.
And why are you using 10 years? Ok let's use last 10 seasons.
RM-First place: 3 Second place : 6 Third place : 1
Atletico- First place: 1 Second place : 0 Third place : 3 .
So RM fares better in the last 10 years in La Liga (your argument) and in the last 4 years even tho those are ATM's most successive years in the 21st century. Not to mention the UCL.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Atletico has got to do much more to overtake Real.... Even considering just the last 5 years bracket let alone the last decade.

Last edited:

CuleLife4Life

Atletico need a lot more to overtake Madrid. Looking at the last 10 years, Madrid have 3 Ligas, 2 CDRs, and a CL. Atletico would only have a CDR and Liga. Even with CL, its still incomparable to Real.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I was talking about the recent seasons when I was talking about Atletico's level and Real's. I mentioned 10 years to clarify that Barca is no.1 in that time because I did not want to use the 8 year mark which makes our dominance even greater but is quite a random number.
But in the last couple of years I guess everybody has realized that there are 3 world class teams in Spain. Barca is no.1 and imo Atletico will be in that 2nd spot when they win the CL final. Considering the quality of both teams this season, Atletico is clearly ahead anyway. And that is despite the outcome of La Liga.

Morten

Think he was one of our best players tonight, certainly better than Ronaldo, despite him getting the glory. In hindsight, he wasnt very good in the last final, but scored the winner. Funny how football works sometimes.

Total-Football

beast mode in the last couple months .. you can feel he finally has liberty in the pitch. Real Madrid best player with Modric this season ..

RMU ReBorn

Think he was one of our best players tonight, certainly better than Ronaldo, despite him getting the glory. In hindsight, he wasnt very good in the last final, but scored the winner. Funny how football works sometimes.
Ronaldo's ego is gona take a hit next season . Bale will definitely overshadow him

Home of Barca Fans