Gareth Bale

oz187

Until Bale moves to a bigger team (and for us it's a bless because his shoe sponsor are also Adidas and i'm sure they are asking for the marquee signing to be also an Adidas man ) his commercial value will be correctly evaluated

The problem is, if he moves to Madrid, he's going to be competing with Messi and Cristiano, perhaps Neymar too. So it might even be harder for him to build his popularity.

Beast

The Observer
I'm thinking about clash of egos and how they're going to have a cohesive team both tactically and in terms of understanding on the pitch. Before they had a perfect balance, bale is a good player but could upset the balance.

If he works out though then they'll have the liga, great squad and ancelotti is a good coach.

Bale is very your next door neighbor , he is both humble & shy.. if there is an issue it will be adaption more than anything... CR didn't have issues with Kaka who also came as a big name in fact they do get along more than any other player and note that if CR stays he will be more on the receiving end of Bale service
That's of course if Cristiano stays..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That's what I'm saying. It's a lot of new players and a new style. They might struggle to have the consistency that's present at Barca, (I know even then they might not drop points as its la liga, but they'll have more consistency problems than us).

Also CR not liking it is a big deal. It could affect your season. Ego clash was the wrong phrase... I meant that CR would be affected.

JamDav1982

Bale is very your next door neighbor , he is both humble & shy.. if there is an issue it will be adaption more than anything... CR didn't have issues with Kaka who also came as a big name in fact they do get along more than any other player and note that if CR stays he will be more on the receiving end of Bale service
That's of course if Cristiano stays..

How can he thrive on the service from Bale?

If they are buying him to play out wide then they wont get anywhere near the player he was last season when he more or less played in a free role behind a striker for the most part.

Beast

The Observer
That's what I'm saying. It's a lot of new players and a new style. They might struggle to have the consistency that's present at Barca, (I know even then they might not drop points as its la liga, but they'll have more consistency problems than us).

Also CR not liking it is a big deal. It could affect your season. Ego clash was the wrong phrase... I meant that CR would be affected.

Consistency ? Hammy.. your main pivotal players are either waiting to leave (Valdes ) getting injured way way too much (Puyol ) too old to give the same 100 % all the time (Xavi ) .. you lost Villa , you lost Abidal , you lost Thiago , you loaned your most promising youngster to Everton
You have a player who didn't play enough last year like Song and someone who didn't shine as you hoped he would in Cesc & Alexis, you have a new player who fell to anemia before he started an official match and will take time to adapt from Brazil to Europe (from what i seen in the few minutes he played) a midfielder who get exposed when he plays a CB because you don't have any more CB (Mascherano) , a full back who step in as a CB because you don't have anymore CB (Adriano ) so who you have left ?
your first , second , third , 4th , 5th CB of choice you missed out on and we are 25 days of the end of the transfer season which means he (if he ever comes ) already missed 2 weeks off the pre-season , moreover a new coach who you will still test to see what he will do

I think you should be more worried of a repeat of last year CL issues but so far what we done in the summer and what i saw your management did so far... i wouldn't want you to be worried about us at all :lol:

JamDav1982

Consistency ? Hammy.. your main pivotal players are either waiting to leave (Valdes ) getting injured way way too much (Puyol ) too old to give the same 100 % all the time (Xavi ) .. you lost Villa , you lost Abidal , you lost Thiago , you loaned your most promising youngster to Everton
You have a player who didn't play enough last year like Song and someone who didn't shine as you hoped he would in Cesc & Alexis, you have a new player who fell to anemia before he started an official match and will take time to adapt from Brazil to Europe (from what i seen in the few minutes he played) a midfielder who get exposed when he plays a CB because you don't have any more CB (Mascherano) , a full back who step in as a CB because you don't have anymore CB (Adriano ) so who you have left ?
your first , second , third , 4th , 5th CB of choice you missed out on and we are 25 days of the end of the transfer season which means he (if he ever comes ) already missed 2 weeks off the pre-season , moreover a new coach who you will still test to see what he will do

I think you should be more worried of a repeat of last year CL issues but so far what we done in the summer and what i saw your management did so far... i wouldn't want you to be worried about us at all :lol:

It is unreal that a team with that many problems won the league by a record margin last season isnt it?

Beast

The Observer
How can he thrive on the service from Bale?

If they are buying him to play out wide then they wont get anywhere near the player he was last season when he more or less played in a free role behind a striker for the most part.

... watch the first half vs PSG ... that's what Carlo will play.... there is no wide players from the attackers .. they can roam but not stationed on the wings as some believe
just put Bale instead of Ozil... ...

It was more like
------------Ozil--------------------
--------------------CR
--------------Benzema-----

That's of course if CR stays ;)

Beast

The Observer
It is unreal that a team with that many problems won the league by a record margin last season isnt it?

Yep being consistent against all small sides and losing/being crap to all big sides .. also recording the biggest agg defeat in a semi-final in the history of the Champions league.. (just to add to the "record " ;)

If Real was half ready not walking by the first part of the league.. it would have been an empty handed... however Bayern game and the CL exposed Barcelona true strength ...

JamDav1982

... watch the first half vs PSG ... that's what Carlo will play.... there is no wide players from the attackers .. they can roam but not stationed on the wings as some believe
just put Bale instead of Ozil... ...

It was more like
------------Ozil--------------------
--------------------CR
--------------Benzema-----

That's of course if CR stays ;)

Try playing that way with Mess on the pitch and see what happens.

Barcelona with him on the pitch were a different side and did not have all that much bother with those tactics.

JamDav1982

Yep being consistent against all small sides and losing/being crap to all big sides .. also recording the biggest agg defeat in a semi-final in the history of the Champions league.. (just to add to the "record " ;)

If Real was half ready not walking by the first part of the league.. it would have been an empty handed... however Bayern game and the CL exposed Barcelona true strength ...

So many ifs eh?

It was a more succesful season than Real Madrid who even when they had woken up in the second half of the season lost the cup to Atletico Madrid and got eliminated by Dortmund.

Fact is Barcelona were better than Real last season.

flamenco

It's just because they've finally realized how much sexier Dembele is

Fulhams-Belgian-striker-M-008.jpg

:xavi:
Surely Bale must have been sent pics of his new Madrid mansion :lol:

Garrus

So many ifs eh?

It was a more succesful season than Real Madrid who even when they had woken up in the second half of the season lost the cup to Atletico Madrid and got eliminated by Dortmund.

I had my share of 'arguments' with Beast, And he's as dishonest as someone can get, You're typical madridista more or less, So a friendly advice from me, Don't waste your time, And that includes any future argument with any madridista.

Beast

The Observer
Try playing that way with Mess on the pitch and see what happens.

Barcelona with him on the pitch were a different side and did not have all that much bother with those tactics.

Messi was present in all your defeats ... he didn't make a difference.. remember ? you couldn't even beat our bench in the league even though we humiliated you at your home 4 days earlier (biggest in the last 50 years ) in the cup
He is in Varane back pocket ;)

So many ifs eh?

Actually one IF.... not so many "If's"

And no you were better.. more successful because you won the league.. sure but better ? far from it

Home of Barca Fans