Gareth Bale

Tezemery

Anyone not really bothered that Madrid are signing Bale? I don't fear him at all, when rumors of Cavani and Falcao were around before the transfer window, i thought they would be favorites for the league if they had signed a great striker, Bale is a player to get into Ronaldo's way they play exactly the same type of game, he won't be able to run as much, shoot as much and have as many free kick's. The price is beyond stupid, its ridiculous.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Them signing Bale is great for us. The squad as of now would win the title but with Bale they'll be the return of the Galacticos. If Cristiano leaves they got a downgrade and if he stays they'll have imbalance in the squad.

Them signing Bale is great for us. The squad as of now would win the title but with Bale they'll be the return of the Galacticos. If Cristiano leaves they got a downgrade and if he stays they'll have imbalance in the squad.

Agree totally. It's Perez and his bullshit Galacticos policy. Get Suarez,even though I hate him he obviously is a very good striker, instead of Bale save the rest and buy with the money Reus next season and pay Ronaldo whatever he wants. But no they need some kind of counter buy for you guys buying Neymar. Haven't seen such a mind boggling transfer since Andy Carroll for 40m€

kollegah

Agree totally. It's Perez and his bullshit Galacticos policy. Get Suarez,even though I hate him he obviously is a very good striker, instead of Bale save the rest and buy with the money Reus next season and pay Ronaldo whatever he wants. But no they need some kind of counter buy for you guys buying Neymar. Haven't seen such a mind boggling transfer since Andy Carroll for 40m€

berbatov?hulk? :mou:

oz187

Anyone not really bothered that Madrid are signing Bale? I don't fear him at all, when rumors of Cavani and Falcao were around before the transfer window, i thought they would be favorites for the league if they had signed a great striker
Yeah, I'm not that bothered. Coming from the Premier League, I think it would take him a season to adjust. He might put in some match winning performances, but I don't think he'd be consistently performing for the whole season. In a normal league he would be dangerous for us, but in a league where you have to aim for 100 points to win, any shortcoming in consistency is a problem.

Agree totally. It's Perez and his bullshit Galacticos policy.
Actually it's more that they lost the league by a record margin. It would be extremely surprising if they didn't buy anyone. And with Barca being the ones with a marquee signing it would seem like giving up to not do something drastic.

Actually it's more that they lost the league by a record margin. It would be extremely surprising if they didn't buy anyone. And with Barca being the ones with a marquee signing it would seem like giving up to not do something drastic.

Didn't buy anyone? They already bought the biggest spanish talent available in Isco and Illarramendi has so much potential. They made some great signings so far and there are FAR better options out there than splashing this kind of money on Gareth Bale, when you have already a much better version of him

F

Flavia

People talk as if we just got interested in Bale last week not from November 2012 !!

What's your thoughts about him, Beast? Do you think he's worth that much? And do you think that might affect cr7?

Beast

The Observer
What's your thoughts about him, Beast? Do you think he's worth that much? And do you think that might affect cr7?

I love Bale (note i love Spurs , they always were my EPL team since David Ginola) he is talented and IMO much better dribbler than CR (CR doesn't dribble .. ) and better in freekicks and shots plus very humble , CR is a lot more lethal going forward though... but my firm believe is Bale replacing Ronaldo not playing with Ronaldo
we started courting him after Ronaldo "Triste" and his gigantic offer from X club...

Logically CR demanding 20 Million Euro net a season.. which means it will cost us 40 Million a year (half for him , half taxes ) ..which also means Bale "ACCLAIMED" price in just 3 seasons...
Now we can talk about if it's worth it or not but i learned to trust the same marketing team Perez brought in 2000 and only Ivan Bravo has left to join Aspire Zone in Qatar.. even when Calderon took over he couldn't touch them or change anyone ... if they say Bale value will be recapped i have 13 years of constant profit (win or lose a trophy, with Raul as a star or CR as a star ) to back up their claims ..and i'm sure Perez (and i think Cule's can easily admit that ) is not stupid to throw away that money without making profit .. even half leg Kaka is generating profit (still one of Adidas prime faces believe it or not.. maybe second /football wise behind Messi )

I think Ronaldo may have had a change of heart of Jose departed and Carlo arrived.. he is taking his time to consider while Jorge Mendes and his mafia negotiate the best deal with Perez... one thing he won't touch is the the image rights...now Perez can think like that( it's one of many scenario's ) .. instead of renewing CR for the amount he is asking i will buy Bale (which his cost = CR renewal for 3 years = Bargain ) .. let CR run out his contract with the old fee and enjoy 2 seasons with two lethal forwards which can bring more success to the club

there is too many variables Flavia... but what i know is that CR departure is not off the table and can happen within the next 3 weeks if Bale deal is finalized... , i also trust Perez when it comes to money completely , and i love Bale.. maybe not as far as 120 Million (maybe 60 -70 Million would be fair considering his age , contract duration etc ) but if they club think it's worth it.. it could be well worth it

oz187

They already bought the biggest spanish talent available in Isco and Illarramendi has so much potential.
The biggest Spanish talent are Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Cesc and Alonso. Then you have the likes of Mata and Cazorla. Yes Isco and Illa have talent and potential, Isco in particular has matchwinning ability but they are the unfinished article, just like Thiago. These are players for the future, not the kind of players you expect to just come in and give the consistency to win you a difficult league title.

Home of Barca Fans