Gareth Bale

Jenks

AVB: "The only thing that we have communicated with Real Madrid is that he is our player and he's not for sale."

AVB "We signed an agreement last year, of good will and respect. We're not willing to concede to their tactics about the player"

oz187

Did i ever mention we want Bale to go into the English/British market ? we already super popular there with Woodgate, Owen , Macca, Becks , Ronaldo just in recent years.. we have much more Sky coverage than any other team (outside England )
No, Barca have priority in Sky coverage. Even with Revista, the Barca game and discussion comes first. They've also had a lot of strong duels in the Champions League with the English teams which further promotes them, as well as all the players they keep buying from Arsenal lol.

Bale also won't help as much because he's only been at this level this season. The likes of Beckham and Giggs had multiple seasons playing for the biggest club under their belt to consolidate their popularity. Cristiano had a hat trick of league titles and a Champions League title as well as a Balon D'or. Bale has a long long way to go to get to that level. It's a big risk.

jamrock

bale won't be there next Beckham or ronaldo has he just isn't as popular as becks and will never be as good as ronaldo r good looking, i was in ny a few weeks ago with some American friends we saw the billboard none knew who he was and they follow football casually as he doesn't play for a "big". will be back there in another two weeks will ask a few random people if they know him.

that being said real will make back the money over the course of his contract, but unless he develops into a truly great player can't see them making bucket loads.

jamrock

but it must be said that real don't really make bucket loads of money off any off there big signing maybe becks is an exception, if we look at their commercial revenues before ronaldo and after for example has it jumped by a huge number don't have it before me but i would say no, they don't make more than us in that department for example.

its just politics by perez, he tripled their revenues when. he just came in and linked it to his signing policy, but it had more to do with him just coming in and putting the internals of the club as it relates to finances right.

example laporta also tripled barca revenues, but didn't use big stars to do so, (though he wanted to)

bayern and man u have no big stars but make alot off commercial revenues.

Yugi

534235_565816093476058_245889402_n.png

Suarez should go for 110M

jamrock

zidane
figo
fat ronaldo
c.ronaldo

becks
kaka

well cover 300+ dollars spent by perez

3 la liga 1 cl, in his entire time as president.

the original galaticos, 2 and 1.

please buy bale.

JamDav1982

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thats as much as anything is to do with the team he plays for.

If Bale was at Man Utd or one of the other big teams he would be much higher.

Agreed. The team one plays for is a decisive factor when it comes to selling jerseys. If he joins RM, I bet his jerseys will easily be selling 3 or 4 times more.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans