Gerard Deulofeu

I heard that he can't play in the second division again if he plays 10 or more games in La Liga, or something like that. If that's true, I can see why he's being promoted.
It'll be interesting to see how he does next season.

F

Flavia

I heard that he can't play in the second division again if he plays 10 or more games in La Liga, or something like that. If that's true, I can see why he's being promoted.
It'll be interesting to see how he does next season.
Playing 9/10 games with the 1st team next season is good enough. There's Pedro and Tello ahead of him, and if Neymar comes, Deulo wouldn't see much playing time. And there's also alexis, who could leave or stay, cuenca could come back... Better make the transition at a slower pace.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Couldn't have said it any better. I don't get what all the Hype is about?. . . . He is still not as good as Messi or Bojan when they made their first team debut.

I don't even understand your mindset if you think that the only reason he's scoring is because Segunda is shit. For christs sake the B team gives him very little if any service at all and have no midfield control throughout the entire match. Imagine what a step up it'll be to be serviced by players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc, etc on the first team. Also, as it was pointed out before, players like Aspas and Castro have been very good in both divisions and made the transition with ease. Deulofeu is at the very least doing much better for the B team than either Cuenca or Tello did with a very bad midfield to support him.

Paganinisrvnge

I think it all should depend on how he does at the end of this season. IMO, it's important to give him a good amount of minutes with the first team in the last few matches of La Liga to evaluate him. Start Tello and Deulofeu in the last few Liga matches and see how they do. I think it's too late for Alexis to redeem himself unless he suddenly has a phenomenal performance in the Champions League.

spark

I don't even understand your mindset if you think that the only reason he's scoring is because Segunda is shit. For christs sake the B team gives him very little if any service at all and have no midfield control throughout the entire match. Imagine what a step up it'll be to be serviced by players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc, etc on the first team. Also, as it was pointed out before, players like Aspas and Castro have been very good in both divisions and made the transition with ease. Deulofeu is at the very least doing much better for the B team than either Cuenca or Tello did with a very bad midfield to support him.

I dont understand it tbh. Its one thing if people were saying he wasnt mature enough mentally or wasnt enough of a team player (not true anymore). But to doubt his quality is a bit ridiculous. Cuenca did ok in the third division with Sabadell, was more raw than Deulo ever was at any stage of his career at that time. Came back, played all of 6 games in the second division without ever being the B team's best player or one of the best players in the league but got a permanent promotion anyway, yet somehow Deulo is supposed to stay there he is 21 or something. Its as if some think he's 16 not 19. Tello's productivity has probably doubled since playing with the best players in the world as opposed to the shit fest that is the Eusebio system.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
With his renewal impending, I think he'll spend a lot of the remainder of the season with the first team training and getting experience. Since it's pretty much decided that he will be promoted next season I think they're starting to introduce him to the first team setup so that he gets accumulated. That would explain why he's been training with them for a week so far now and has been included in the squad for both the Celta Vigo and PSG games. It's only a matter of time before he gets his chance in a league game.

Home of Barca Fans