Gerard Deulofeu

kozza

With Messi & Pedro injured, I think Deulofeu will be a starter this time vs Mallorca, to rest Villa or Sanchez for Wednesday.

Or maybe Sanchez would play vs PSG coz Villa isn't in due form recently, so Deulofeu could play to rest one of them.

Eh, I'd take still take Villa over Sanchez. Especially since Villa tends to do well in big games. He wasn't in great form before the Milan game either, and he still did great.

Qonny

I think the sheer presence of Villa lurking between the opponents CB's is worth more than Alexis running around on the wing. Although Alexis works his ass of in defense as well as in offense, the passive effect that Villa contributes with, opening up space for Messi and other offensive players, is far better for the team in an overall sense.

Stric

Not impressed with his performance tonight. And before you attack me for criticizing a B team player for not being great in a first team performance, you should know that what I am criticizing him about is not really a matter of being up to the challenge or not. The reason why I'm not impressed is because he looked like a cheap Cristiano knock-off. All show, no outcome. He made a fool of himself on several occasions, just like CR tends to do when he gets so tied up in his own tricks and forgets what the point is. This kid should know by now that he won't impress anybody by his fancy but useless dribbling.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Feels the pressure to perform for the 1st team, it seems like...Always appears he's trying too hard and it makes him transparent to defenders on this level - even Mallorca ones...He had one nice little sequence on the left touchline to win a corner but not a memorable performance for someone who nearly got 30 minutes tonight

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
I wont criticize his performance as he's inexperienced. But he should cut down on tricks. We dont need CR7-esque show offs. Hopefully the senior players help him learn from his mistakes.

Josef K

The players weren't even trying by the point he came on, on the right when attacking he had no one to combine with except a backpass to alves. Give him a full game with more than one first team starter (D. Alves) playing and then you can begin to judge his first team performances.

DennyCrane

Feels the pressure to perform for the 1st team, it seems like...Always appears he's trying to hard and it makes him transparent to defenders on this level - even Mallorca ones...He had one nice little sequence on the left touchline to win a corner but not a memorable performance for someone who nearly got 30 minutes tonight

The guy needs playing time on a regular basis for the first team I'd guess. He tried really hard to impress, which looked kinda awkward as the rest of the team played relatively laid-back from when he came on.
He's also kinda headstrong/selfish and has a lot to learn of course, but I think playing against better defenders or the more thuggish ones like Pepe will bring the guy down to earth rather quickly.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I mean we all know he's heading to the first team, it's inevitable but he's not the salvation some here think he will be from the start...He will need time, he will have his moments where he will shine and others where he will disappoint...We'll just have to see if he's a hard worker to translate youth success to 1st team success

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He isn't much like Cristiano anymore, but he does tend to try a little too hard. However he's trying to make an impression, and that shows his ambition. People look at him like they would to Messi, or Cristiano, or anyother "gamechanger" type of player. They expect something extraordinary to happen every time he gets the ball. That puts a lot of pressure on him which won't go off instantly. It might take a little while but he'll end up being in the right place in the right time and score a goal one day, then he one day he'll link up well with a teammate and make an assist, then slowly and steadily his productivity will increase along with his comfort level and confidence. It was the same as last season when it was his first year with the B team. He had insane raw talent but his decision making was shit, he hogged the ball, he was a one trick pony, and overall was not overly impressive or efficient. This season is his 2nd with the B team and he's their best player by some margin and he can't stop scoring. It's all about getting comfortable, he's not gonna instantly start dribbling 4 players at a time and scoring wonder goals or playing xavi-esque through balls.

Xtroverto

Feels the pressure to perform for the 1st team, it seems like...Always appears he's trying too hard and it makes him transparent to defenders on this level - even Mallorca ones...He had one nice little sequence on the left touchline to win a corner but not a memorable performance for someone who nearly got 30 minutes tonight

Just like Messi and Thiago did. He is inexperienced and this is what it will look like the first 10-15 games. Just like with other newbies they will sit down with him and show him the videos what he does wrong, what he has to improve and give him the time it takes. With Deulofeu at this stage of his career it is all about his patience, if he accept alternating between the B-squad and A-squad next season he will be all right. He will get a few more showings this season and if he has his head with him he will get 15-20 appearances next year with the a-squad.

oz187

He tried hard, but obviously he's inexperienced. He was a bit one dimensional as well, bit like Tello last season. But at least he did actually try and didn't hide, there's a lot of potential there as he gains strength, speed and experience.

Arachnid

You can't really use the inexperience as an excuse, he's been a starter in a professional second division side (against plenty of clubs who were performing in la Primera just a season or two ago) for two seasons now.

He's just... he doesn't seems to have the brains to go along with his talent, I'm sorry to say. Someone like, say, Tello, will avoid making the same mistake twice. I suspect it will take a long, long time for Deulo to grow out of his need to show off.

Home of Barca Fans