Gerard Deulofeu

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
ConsiderateInfatuatedChafer.gif

Is his celebration the machine gun?

DinhoR10

I'd rather have Pedro than Tello because he can play on both wings atleast and i already think this season should be Pedro's last with us. We have Messi,Neymar and Sanchez and we need a backup for each position. If we have to i'd keep pedro because he is still world class and I rather not HAVE to count on a bunch of under 20's (Deu,Adama,Dongou)

BibB

He has always done it. I just think of it as he's blowing fans away with his shooting skills.

As for positions he could cover neymar, messi and alexis equally well

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
^ And again I will repeat that Deu will be likely playing on the right side. So it's Sanchez or Pedro who will get the chop to make room for him.

I think he can play anywhere in that front 3 though, does it better than probably anyone at the club other than Messi & Pedro (On his day)...However, still think his game needs work...The goal was great but why do people forget who we are talking about?...Deulofeu has scored goals like that with ease, he has scored so many golazos in his already young career that tonight's goal just looked ordinary

I said this weeks back, Gerard should be playing more for Everton, he's the most consistently lethal goal threat they have...As great as Lukalu can be, we saw how less of a nose for goal he has than say Deulo...It's never been about his ability to score, for me...He's not Bojan, confidence will never be an issue...It's always been about whether he has the complete game & his attitude

He's selfish but I'm finally coming to accept that perhaps it's ok for him to be selfish...maybe we need a bit more ego from a Barcelona attacker to lessen the pressure for Messi & Neymar

I hate the celebration as well, wanted to slap him

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I think he can play anywhere in that front 3 though, does it better than probably anyone at the club other than Messi & Pedro (On his day)...However, still think his game needs work...The goal was great but why do people forget who we are talking about?...Deulofeu has scored goals like that with ease, he has scored so many golazos in his already young career that tonight's goal just looked ordinary

I said this weeks back, Gerard should be playing more for Everton, he's the most consistently lethal goal threat they have...As great as Lukalu can be, we saw how less of a nose for goal he has than say than Deulo...It's never been about his ability to score, for me...He's not Bojan, confidence will never be an issue...It's always been about whether he has the complete game & his attitude

He's selfish but I'm finally coming to accept that perhaps it's ok for him to be selfish...maybe we need a bit more ego from a Barcelona attacker to lessen the pressure for Messi & Neymar

Did you not claim that loaning players out like this was against the Barcelona philosophy!

F

Flavia

Did you not claim that loaning players out like this was against the Barcelona philosophy!

But it is. The philosophy is to develop the players in Barcelona. Like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Busi, Pedro, Puyol, etc. Sending them away more often than not backfires. Thankfully is working for Deulo.

JamDav1982

But it is. The philosophy is to develop the players in Barcelona. Like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Busi, Pedro, Puyol, etc. Sending them away more often than not backfires. Thankfully is working for Deulo.

The squad is stronger now than ever before.

If you dont offer these players the chance to go out on loan and get first team football they will leave.

Players like Duelofeu wont wait about on the sidelines for 2/3 years and it will most likely harm their development.

It is 100% correct that the likes of those out on loan at the moment go out and get that experience.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder if the club had allowed him a loan move to England if Martinez was not there.

F

Flavia

The squad is stronger now than ever before.

If you dont offer these players the chance to go out on loan and get first team football they will leave.

Players like Duelofeu wont wait about on the sidelines for 2/3 years and it will most likely harm their development.

It is 100% correct that the likes of those out on loan at the moment go out and get that experience.

Which squad is stronger now, than ever before? Certainly not Barça's, the current squad is thinner and weaker than previous seasons. The minutes Deulofeu is getting at Everton, he could get at Barça, if there was a manager willing to develop him. Tito wasn't, and he was the one who defined the squad for the current season. So it made sense to let him go on loan, but that is not the club philosophy. What it used to be, anyway.

Home of Barca Fans