Gerard Deulofeu

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
So many long posts

My 2 cents: Deulofeu should benefit from having to fight for his spot, but he'll need to learn to play for a team/in a league where he won't be given as much space as he's given at Everton

H

Haruko The Goon

You think he'll be given LESS space in La Liga than in the Premiership?.. erm, am I reading that right?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
yeah. la liga has less spaces and is a more tactical league. cesc said so himself and i'm sure he is qualified to give a good answer. the premier league is tougher in other ways though. (physicality, more competitive etc)

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
You think he'll be given LESS space in La Liga than in the Premiership?.. erm, am I reading that right?
You definitely get less space in midfield in La Liga than in the EPL. In the EPL the midfield is very often by-passed completely, more end to end and less build up. The slower the game, the more chances the defending team has to get back into position; more people = less space. Logical really.

MessiDinho10

I said we where close to the leaders, not better. Ultimately the league table doesn't lie. But we've 3 games against Utd, City and Arsenal coming up so we will soon see. This time we may even be able to field a fit first team.

"Inconsistent in your performances. A 0-0 draw shouldn't happen at Crystal Palace"

Manchester City have been beaten by Aston Villa and Cardiff too. One of those will get relegated this season too.
Chelsea have been beaten by Everton, Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland and Stoke. Again by another team that could be relegated.

Plus even taking draws. West Brom have drawn against Chelsea (twice), Everton (twice), Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal. And that's a team that's going to get relegated.

The reason why? Because the EPL is far more competitive due to the fact there's more TV money and it's shared between the clubs more evenly. It's also the reason why the EPL teams are having a hard time in Europe.

Think what you want. Ultimately the decision rests with Deulofeu because I think Barca want him to stay for another year now and he wants to go back which is understandable. I don't think us talking bullshit about it will make a difference either way.

However personally I think he would be starting next season. Pienaar is finished, too old and slow and doesn't create anything and Mirallas is frustrating and inconsistent and unfortunately never went to the next level that we hoped he would after a very promising first season, I wouldn't be surprised if we sold him in the summer.

I can see us buying another winger and if Deulofeu stays he will get rotated with him and McGeady with Deulofeu and the new winger being the two regular starters. But in the premiership very few players play every game. It's too physically demanding. Which is what I think you would have seen if he never got injured and what you'll see from now until the end, there's 8 games left and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts 4 or 5 of them.

I do think he'll play against either Utd, City or Arsenal in the run in. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he starts all three.

That's the reason he didn't play on Saturday. We had much harder game against Newcastle on Tuesday and wanted to keep him fresh. Do you think playing two games in such a short space of time is good for someone coming back from a hamstring injury? Martinez has been very careful with him and while it doesn't make sense to you he really puts the players above even us which as an Everton fan can piss us off. i.e. Letting Jelavic be sold so he could get playing time before the world cup even when we didn't have a striker to cover and then Lukaku got injured.

But sure if he goes back it will just give me another reason to watch Barca, I don't really support any other team. I just like watching individual players and it will be cool if he goes on to be a real world class player knowing we had him even if it was just for a season. I just hope he makes the right decision.

btw - The talk of the new winger is Carles Gil loaned from Valencia to Elche. He looks really good. What do you think, Is there any chance on him leaving?

I watch La Liga every week. The refereeing is different, softer cards are given and players drop to the floor while shielding the ball from the faintest of touches whenever they're in a difficult position and risk loosing it. Barca quite frankly are the masters at it. You call them technical fouls and they are but in England they tend not to be given as much. Ultimately football is a contact sport, there's the argument that the touch has to be enough to actually bring him down and then the opposing view that he does he have a right to go down even if it isn't. In Spain refs lean to the latter and that makes it closer to being non-contact.

Even the game last night you could see a number of times Deulofeu went to ground looking for the freekick when it was never given, he wasn't diving he just thought he was fouled so went over. It's just a different culture.

btw - I'm Irish not English. Don't insult me :)

I don't think you will/can sign Carles Gil., unless Valencia is in a desperate need for money.

Valencia want to keep him there when he comes back from his loan and they need him too, with their current squad. It's one of their biggest talents. Also, it's not really a winger, but a playmaker who is able to play on the wing like Mata and David Silva. He's very different from the wingers Everton currently have.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Yes, you're reading it right but that apparently doesn't help you because you keep providing a bevy of examples of how little you know what you're talking about

Hamzah

High Definition Member
no offence haruko but do you even watch la liga? first this then you say valdes is shit. i see alot of epl fans with misinformed opinions like this. the same guys who thought chicharito was better than david villa and carrick better than xavi in the 2011 cl final.

then the crap you hear about ''ah yes but can he cut it in the premier league?''

Cule4life

The Culest
no offence haruko but do you even watch la liga? first this then you say valdes is shit. i see alot of epl fans with misinformed opinions like this. the same guys who thought chicharito was better than david villa and carrick better than xavi in the 2011 cl final.

then the crap you hear about ''ah yes but can he cut it in the premier league?''

You forgot "can he do it on a cold rainy evening in the Britannia stadium?"

jklz

b4CIKGe.jpg

And Liverpool is attacking in this picture. How many players in one half compared to how many players in 1/4th of the pitch in Barça - Sociedad? It's one example, but it happens a lot.

Jenks

A Barca game is hardly representative of the entire league though. It's not like teams close down that much space for any old team in La Liga.

Home of Barca Fans