Gerard Deulofeu

DinhoR10

Wait so Adama is a one dimensional player? I thought he had vision too to make passes. Sigh I gotta watch more of him since people they his the next big thing Barcelona has in there youth right now

Neither Adama nor Deu are one - dimensional, they both can cut in or go to the byline and score/ assist using only their right feet, but Adama looks to assist more and Deu looks to score more which is actually great since that makes it more likely that they'd be able to play on opposite wings. And yes Adama has great vision for passes.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Dear Evertonians,

I would like to thank Everton and all their fans for this year so special in my career. A new country, a new club, a new way of seeing, live and understand football. I have grown as a football player, but also as a person and that is why I would like to thank every person that has helped and accompanied me on this journey. The club and the manager for the great opportunity, my teammates for welcoming me and to the fans for the fantastic support. I am proud and fulfilled with my year at Everton, having both helped the club and hoping that the fans enjoyed my football. I wish Everton lots of luck luck and success in the future. You will always be in my heart.

Gerard Deulofeu

The one thing that I feel he's taken from his time at Everton is growing up in terms of maturity. He's finally willing to listen and respect others rather than just live in his own head. It's a valuable trait to have and something that'll help him actually develop as a player now that he's back. He needs to absorb as much as he can from guys like Lucho, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Neymar, Alexis, etc.

Adversus

On the issue of playing just on the wing and hugging the touch line. Him and Mirallas where both asked to play like that to stretch the pitch and give us width. I don't think you can judge Deulofeu on that alone.

Personally I thought he always looked more dangerous on the left or even the few times he played centrally, like he did a lot earlier in the season.

Although he does use his right foot far too much. He is a really one-footed player and the EPL defenders realized if you show him down his right and drop back enough to nutralize his pace and not dive in he sort of runs out of ideas. Probably one of the reasons he had a weaker 2nd half of the season as he was less of a unknown.

I think that's the biggest learning experience he will take from it and something he should be able to work on in training. Seamus Coleman our right fullback suffered the same problem and doesn't now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Del Bosque (coach ESP): "We believe in Deulofeu. He had a great season at Everton. If someone gets injured, he could go to Brazil."

:lol: Weird how Del Bosque has that big a Deulo fetish. He was willing to call him up back when he was with the B team as well but barely decided against it. I think he sees Deulofeu as something he isn't yet but can be. Lucho work your magic with this boy!!

L

Learo

I think Halilovic has a bigger chance to do well with us on the RW this season than Deulofeu. I think Halilovic could rock the Segunda.

Home of Barca Fans