Gerard Deulofeu

DinhoR10

I still think its best to loan him to Celta where he will get plenty of playing time. I would hate to see him rot on the bench.

I Trust that after the pre season tour Lucho will know exactly how much playing time he'd be willing to give him and if its not enough he'd go out on loan.

Zangash

Banned
I wonder, between him and Adama, which one is more capable of playing on the left wing? It seems inevitable that we see both of them playing at the same time one day when resting starters.

L

linetty

I wonder, between him and Adama, which one is more capable of playing on the left wing? It seems inevitable that we see both of them playing at the same time one day when resting starters.
Probably Deulofeu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Definitely Deulofeu. Adama's always been keen to run down to the byline and cross, only just recently has he started to add a little variety. Deulo on the other hand is always looking to score and looks VERY comfortable cutting in on his right whenever he's played LW for Spain/Barca B. I've only ever seen Adama on the left during his debut with the 1st team against Granada. Granted, he did almost score from that position :lol: but it's still definite that Deulofeu is more comfortable alternating between wings than he is.

anguy

Definitely Deulofeu. Adama's always been keen to run down to the byline and cross, only just recently has he started to add a little variety. Deulo on the other hand is always looking to score and looks VERY comfortable cutting in on his right whenever he's played LW for Spain/Barca B. I've only ever seen Adama on the left during his debut with the 1st team against Granada. Granted, he did almost score from that position :lol: but it's still definite that Deulofeu is more comfortable alternating between wings than he is.

Deulofeu also tends to run down byline when playing on right... In fact I'd say their styles when playing on right are pretty similar, Adama is stronger, while Deulo is slightly more technical. Both use their riht foot wayyy too much. Adama seems to be more of a team player, while Gerard is far more selfish, but of course also scores more goals. He also has more experience when playing on left, but I bet if Adama played on left more, he would be too cutting inside and scoring more often.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Deulofeu also tends to run down byline when playing on right... In fact I'd say their styles when playing on right are pretty similar, Adama is stronger, while Deulo is slightly more technical. Both use their riht foot wayyy too much. Adama seems to be more of a team player, while Gerard is far more selfish, but of course also scores more goals. He also has more experience when playing on left, but I bet if Adama played on left more, he would be too cutting inside and scoring more often.

:lol: what? Deulofeu at 18 was one of the top scorers of Segunda, he thrived on goalscoring and playing towards the inside. With the B team, his dribbles would often be driving inside even on his right foot. Adama CAN score but that's a secondary aspect of his game as compared to dribbling and crossing.

The only "evidence" for Deulofeu's supposed tendency to only hit the ball forward and cross is his time at Everton which isn't indicative of much. Playing in the chaotic EPL with a targetman like Lukaku in the middle made him play differently than normal. Watch him in any game with Spanish youth or Barca B and it's evident how he doesn't like to isolate himself on the touchline normally.

Also, both are equally selfish I'd say. Adama is almost always either attempting a backpass or taking on 3 players in a dribble and then crossing/occasionally shooting. He doesn't do much in terms of linkup or buildup play. Deulo hasn't either, but it's not like either gets a true edge in that category.

jamrock

he has alot to work on in his game to become a more efficient and effective player, but if he does we can go ahead and sell ney ney.
samething goes for adama

NotInHere

:lol: what? Deulofeu at 18 was one of the top scorers of Segunda, he thrived on goalscoring and playing towards the inside. With the B team, his dribbles would often be driving inside even on his right foot. Adama CAN score but that's a secondary aspect of his game as compared to dribbling and crossing.

The only "evidence" for Deulofeu's supposed tendency to only hit the ball forward and cross is his time at Everton which isn't indicative of much. Playing in the chaotic EPL with a targetman like Lukaku in the middle made him play differently than normal. Watch him in any game with Spanish youth or Barca B and it's evident how he doesn't like to isolate himself on the touchline normally.

Also, both are equally selfish I'd say. Adama is almost always either attempting a backpass or taking on 3 players in a dribble and then crossing/occasionally shooting. He doesn't do much in terms of linkup or buildup play. Deulo hasn't either, but it's not like either gets a true edge in that category.
Wait so Adama is a one dimensional player? I thought he had vision too to make passes. Sigh I gotta watch more of him since people they his the next big thing Barcelona has in there youth right now

L

linetty

he has alot to work on in his game to become a more efficient and effective player, but if he does we can go ahead and sell ney ney.
samething goes for adama
lol? Ney is not for sale for the next 5 years at least.

Deulo will play on the right wing anyway.

Home of Barca Fans