Gerard Deulofeu

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Del Bosque (coach ESP): "We believe in Deulofeu. He had a great season at Everton. If someone gets injured, he could go to Brazil."

:lol: Weird how Del Bosque has that big a Deulo fetish. He was willing to call him up back when he was with the B team as well but barely decided against it. I think he sees Deulofeu as something he isn't yet but can be. Lucho work your magic with this boy!!

I tend to agree with Del Bosque even if I haven't been Geri's biggest fan over the years...Scoring threat is a missing element to making Spain virtually unbeatable and apart from him & Jesé there aren't many ready to contribute...I think he's vastly underrated by a lot of you guys

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I tend to agree with Del Bosque even if I haven't been Geri's biggest fan over the years...Scoring threat is a missing element to making Spain virtually unbeatable and apart from him & Jesé there aren't many ready to contribute...I think he's vastly underrated by a lot of you guys

Well it's not that he doesn't have ability. It's that for a young player from as talent-stacked a country as Spain, any NT callup is a reward of hard work and a string of impressive performances. At Everton, he didn't progress and didn't show his best so I'm pleasantly surprised Del Bosque still cares about him and is willing to give him a chance.

Spain are in a position to call up some non-regulars for this friendly but normally I would've expected guys like Soldado (even if he's not performing), Adrian, Nolito, or Paco. But I'm sure as hell not complaining, as spending this much time in elite territory will push Deulofeu forward in his trajectory. I can't wait to see him play with the big boys in preseason.

DinhoR10

Deulofeu is, like messi was, the kind of young player that will give a world class performance on the highest level of competition if given the chance I believe. He's already a better dribbler than most, can already score world class goals against top opposition too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Boenyg2CIAEHJUN.jpg:large

L

linetty

Several media say Deulofeu could be part of Spain's World Cup squad if Man City winger Navas doesn't recover in time from his ankle injury.

Richard.H

Deulofeu is, like messi was, the kind of young player that will give a world class performance on the highest level of competition if given the chance I believe. He's already a better dribbler than most, can already score world class goals against top opposition too.

Yeah I really think he's the type of player that won't be scared of a big moment and will cherish it instead. That's one quality that I love about him: His immense confidence even though he's a youngster. This is something that doesn't seem common with a lot of canteranos.

I hope he gets sufficient playing time next season. If there's any team and coach he could have a breakout season with, it's Barca under Lucho.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Deulofeu: "I joined Barça when I was 9 years old and I had to take a cab every day to Barcelona, 100-200 km. All that to live my dream."
Deulofeu: "Returning is an immense joy. That was my goal: to return home and to triumph at Barça. Now it's time to work hard."

This is a far cry from the bratty Ronaldo duplicate from previous years. Kudos Deulo

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Deulofeu: "I joined Barça when I was 9 years old and I had to take a cab every day to Barcelona, 100-200 km. All that to live my dream."
Deulofeu: "Returning is an immense joy. That was my goal: to return home and to triumph at Barça. Now it's time to work hard."

This is a far cry from the bratty Ronaldo duplicate from previous years. Kudos Deulo

Damn. Everton seems to have done a number on him to humble him. Either that or he never really was the brat we thought him to be.

hardyboy

Deulofeu: "I'm living a wonderful week: they confirmed I'll return to Barça, my home, and now I'm getting my chance with the national team."

He is living a dream..

Home of Barca Fans