Gerard Deulofeu

L

Learo

We'd be much better off just finding an alternative to Xavi. Moving Busquets to fill in for Xavi and filling his position with a player far inferior in the single pivot role is exactly how we lost to a team that is now set to play in the 2nd division next season. Moving Busi away from his CDM position is counterproductive, he's the only player we have that can dream of playing the position well. Moving him to CM and Pique to CDM is like making Messi play in midfield with Neymar shifting to the middle and Iniesta moving to the left wing. Sure, it could possibly work, but that's probably not a good idea.

We will see. I am optimistic. Regarding Messi, I think his best position definitely is as an attacking midfielder behind a striker, so I'd love to see that as well. Big changes are coming, as a revolution is needed.

Crixus

You'll really believe anti-Barca Balague over Barca the club and our new manager?

Deulofeu is 100% coming back. There will be no more loans.
I asked if anyone heard of this if you can read clearly ;) , beside i am big fan of Gerard watched all his games with Everton .

DinhoR10

Well a false nine is technically just a 10 with two wide forwards in front of him that sometimes moves up into a traditional 9 role, although wiith tata's tactics messi was a 9 more than a false 9 this season because he had our wingers touchline hogging.

onzeXI

Why would Everton start a player they're only going to have for one season regularly? It's not like Lukaku where he was more or less the only option to play in his position.

It was no mystery. He was inconsistent and most of the time he didn't play as well as Mirallas.

Adversus

I would have loved to see him for another season playing for us and I still don't think he's ready but I wish him all the best and hope to be proved wrong.

I'll always remember that game against Stoke where he absolutely tore them apart and looked a real player. It was a shame we didn't see the best of him in the 2nd half of the season.

Classy guy as well. I'm sure all the Evertonians appreciated his twitter message.

Kerrybai

I would have loved to see him for another season playing for us and I still don't think he's ready but I wish him all the best and hope to be proved wrong.

I'll always remember that game against Stoke where he absolutely tore them apart and looked a real player. It was a shame we didn't see the best of him in the 2nd half of the season.

Classy guy as well. I'm sure all the Evertonians appreciated his twitter message.

That injury really screwed with his progress, but I saw enough before Christmas to suggest he is on the verge of making the grade at Barca.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Nah he's not ready for a role of any true responsibility yet. Those kinds of roles are saved for advanced prospects like Thiago was and Bartra is now, young players that we know we can rely on and trust as backups.

Deulofeu is not anything yet, but he's in a situation of some great advantage. He'll be playing in a more organized system than he was at Everton and training week in week out with technical beasts like Messi, Iniesta, etc. That'll humble him up quite a bit and improve his passing game loads. (Also I'm hoping and expecting that Lucho turns the intensity in training sessions up a notch to make it work instead of just play).

The main thing is that he has the backing and attention of Lucho as well as tough love. He'll get a lot of attention and focus on his development, a number of chances to learn and prove himself, and the room to jump up the pecking order. Tello will likely leave but if not, Deulo can overtake him maybe even after preseason and then earn to get as many sub appearances and starts as he can. If he can pick up momentum and become a real figure in rotation, then this will be a year of great development for him.

All he needs to do is get on the track towards success the same way Rafinha has. That'll give him confidence and a serious contention for the future, because right now it's been questionable whether he's as likely to make it as players like Munir or Adama. They are of world class potential as well, but to me the full force of a successful Deulofeu is a great attacking danger for us.

Future-wise if he succeeds he'll be the kind of forward we need. He is much more of a composed and technically sound ball carrier than clumsy Alexis and more dynamic/dangerous than Pedro (of course those qualities aren't on that high of a level yet, but we're speaking stylistically here). He's a natural goalscorer, is great at making runs when he actually turns on, and a beast of a dribbler. Good luck Deulofeu, this is your chance.

DinhoR10

Nah he's not ready for a role of any true responsibility yet. Those kinds of roles are saved for advanced prospects like Thiago was and Bartra is now, young players that we know we can rely on and trust as backups.

Deulofeu is not anything yet, but he's in a situation of some great advantage. He'll be playing in a more organized system than he was at Everton and training week in week out with technical beasts like Messi, Iniesta, etc. That'll humble him up quite a bit and improve his passing game loads. (Also I'm hoping and expecting that Lucho turns the intensity in training sessions up a notch to make it work instead of just play).

The main thing is that he has the backing and attention of Lucho as well as tough love. He'll get a lot of attention and focus on his development, a number of chances to learn and prove himself, and the room to jump up the pecking order. Tello will likely leave but if not, Deulo can overtake him maybe even after preseason and then earn to get as many sub appearances and starts as he can. If he can pick up momentum and become a real figure in rotation, then this will be a year of great development for him.

All he needs to do is get on the track towards success the same way Rafinha has. That'll give him confidence and a serious contention for the future, because right now it's been questionable whether he's as likely to make it as players like Munir or Adama. They are of world class potential as well, but to me the full force of a successful Deulofeu is a great attacking danger for us.

Future-wise if he succeeds he'll be the kind of forward we need. He is much more of a composed and technically sound ball carrier than clumsy Alexis and more dynamic/dangerous than Pedro (of course those qualities aren't on that high of a level yet, but we're speaking stylistically here). He's a natural goalscorer, is great at making runs when he actually turns on, and a beast of a dribbler. Good luck Deulofeu, this is your chance.

I'd love to see a Adama-Munir-Deu front line in 2-3 years. All Deu needs is one goal for Barcelona in an official match and im sure his confidence will explode.

DinhoR10

I didn't mean as our starting front line but in 2-3 years lining up like that in a copa game or liga game against minnows. But I do believe Neymar will be sold not in 2-3 years but probably 4-5. And Messi can play as a 10 with that front line since Munir can operate as a true 9.

Richard.H

I still think its best to loan him to Celta where he will get plenty of playing time. I would hate to see him rot on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans