Gerard Deulofeu

DinhoR10

He'll be better than Pedro but Pedro is an amazing player when on form is there aren't many better wide forwards, ronaldo is the one I can think of from the top of my head, suarez when he plays out wide too i suppose (Wide forward not winger).

Ustari

Mou, res!
Are you f***ing kidding me? Deulofeu probably has potential to be better than Pedro, but at the moment he is very far off him.
Pedro has been an integral part of the best Barca of all time, scored countless important goals, been capped many times for Spain and scored important goals for them too, and here you are saying Pedro is a low ceiling.

Sometimes the people on this forum boggle me.

Pedro is a good squad player to have, but as a key player? Not a chance man if we judge his overall performance from the past 2 seasons especially his disappearing act in big matches. I just fear that we will probably never see the best of Pedro again. (peaking too early or one season wonder?) I admire his high workrate and achievement with the clubs and nationals but can he be relied upon in tight matches these days? He is too inconsistent for my liking. My point is, Deulofeu should aim to be a key player for us not some squad player like what Pedro offers now.

BerkeleyBernie

My point is, Deulofeu should aim to be a key player for us not some squad player like what Pedro offers now.

I haven't seen much of Deulofeu besides highlight reels, which mostly demonstrate good dribbling skills, especially on the counter.

How is he at the other qualities Barça requires of attackers?

First touch?
Passing accuracy?
Vision/awareness of teammates movement?
Off-ball offensive movement to provide options?
Pressing/defending/backtracking?
Good decisionmaking, as to when to try take-ons, when to hold-up, when to lay-off?

And, of course, how are these qualities against superior opposition, not just Segunda teams?

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I haven't seen much of Deulofeu besides highlight reels, which mostly demonstrate good dribbling skills, especially on the counter.

How is he at the other qualities Barça requires of attackers?

First touch?
Passing accuracy?
Vision/awareness of teammates movement?
Off-ball offensive movement to provide options?
Pressing/defending/backtracking?
Good decisionmaking, as to when to try take-ons, when to hold-up, when to lay-off?

And, of course, how are these qualities against superior opposition, not just Segunda teams?
First touch? Good
Passing accuracy? Good
Vision/awareness of teammates movement? Good
Off-ball offensive movement to provide options? Good
Pressing/defending/backtracking? Average
Good decisionmaking, as to when to try take-ons, when to hold-up, when to lay-off? Average
But he'll learn in due time

DinhoR10

you're forgetting Eden Hazard, the pride of belgium

Funny thing is even out of form Pedro scored more than Hazard this season :lol:

Edit: And Pedro can't even show his full potential when Tata has him hogging the touchline to create "width" and then has all the play running through the other side of the pitch

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
First touch? Good
Passing accuracy? Good
Vision/awareness of teammates movement? Good
Off-ball offensive movement to provide options? Good
Pressing/defending/backtracking? Average
Good decisionmaking, as to when to try take-ons, when to hold-up, when to lay-off? Average
But he'll learn in due time

Pretty much agree although I'd preface it by saying that 'good' would be in comparison to other Barcelona attackers as the standards of Barcelona football are higher, IMHO

Zangash

Banned
Are you f***ing kidding me? Deulofeu probably has potential to be better than Pedro, but at the moment he is very far off him.
Pedro has been an integral part of the best Barca of all time, scored countless important goals, been capped many times for Spain and scored important goals for them too, and here you are saying Pedro is a low ceiling.

Sometimes the people on this forum boggle me.

Pedro is a low ceiling, and if that is what Deulofeu has to aim for we might as well have sold him to Everton.

No matter how you spin it, Pedro sucks for us, and this has been the case for 3 full seasons now.

DinhoR10

Pedro is a low ceiling, and if that is what Deulofeu has to aim for we might as well have sold him to Everton.

No matter how you spin it, Pedro sucks for us, and this has been the case for 3 full seasons now.

Pedro scored 17 goals this season, not up to his best but he didn't suck especially when you factor in the crap tactics that ha him touch line hogging 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fibonacci

He scored almost as many goals this year as he did in 2010-11. In fact, this season he scored more league goals than ever before in his career.

Come back when Deulofeu becomes an established international player. Or when he becomes a starter for Everton.

Zangash

Banned
He scored almost as many goals this year as he did in 2010-11. In fact, this season he scored more league goals than ever before in his career.

Come back when Deulofeu becomes an established international player. Or when he becomes a starter for Everton.

I really couldn't care less about Deulofeu when I talk about how poor Pedro has been. I'd much rather let Alexis start, but I'm sure people would hop all over me for his inefficiencies as well. His goal tally means very little. How many of those 17 goals came against Rayo Vallecano alone? How many more came in games we won 4,5,6,and 7-0?

Did Pedro score even ONE vital goal for us this entire season? I honestly can't think of any.

Pedro scored 17 goals this season, not up to his best but he didn't suck especially when you factor in the crap tactics that ha him touch line hogging 90% of the time.

Yes, Tata is to blame for him being poor in 2012, 13, and 14. I should have known. Surely he'll be better when he can freely pass to Messi whenever he wants under Lucho!

Last edited:

DinhoR10

I really couldn't care less about Deulofeu when I talk about how poor Pedro has been. I'd much rather let Alexis start, but I'm sure people would hop all over me for his inefficiencies as well. His goal tally means very little. How many of those 17 goals came against Rayo Vallecano alone? How many more came in games we won 4,5,6,and 7-0?

Did Pedro score even ONE vital goal for us this entire season? I honestly can't think of any.

Yes, Tata is to blame for him being poor in 2012, 13, and 14. I should have known. Surely he'll be better when he can freely pass to Messi whenever he wants under Lucho!

He hasn't been given time in the most important of matches and Pedro knows when to shoot and when to pass, he's scored plenty of great goals this season even with unfavorable tactics and limited playing time being 4th choice for wingers behind iniesta neymar and Alexis. And correction he scored 19 goals. So with less time and a subdued role he's getting back to his old self.

But anyway Deulofeu shouldn't be aiming to be Pedro. He's already a better dribbler than most, probably the fourth best on the team and I can see him eclipsing neymar if he works hard. If you ask me he should aim for Ronaldo he has everything Ronaldo has except for height and heading ability.

Zangash

Banned
He hasn't been given time in the most important of matches and Pedro knows when to shoot and when to pass, he's scored plenty of great goals this season even with unfavorable tactics and limited playing time being 4th choice for wingers behind iniesta neymar and Alexis. And correction he scored 19 goals. So with less time and a subdued role he's getting back to his old self.

He started damn near every game of even slight importance under Pep and Tito. There's a reason the introduction of Neymar pushed him so far back in the pecking order despite him being far more experienced on the right wing than Alexis. As I said before, how many of his goals were in squash matches? I'd say most, if not all of them were. I'm not the biggest fan of Alexis but at least I can say he has helped the team with his goals, which is similar in number to Pedro's, but instead of scoring hat tricks on Rayo he's scoring on Atletico and Real Madrid. I remember one game in particular, Vs. Valencia where Messi scored a hat trick in the first half only for Postiga to net a brace in the same half. Pedro missed chance after chance after chance after chance... it was ridiculous. Tello actually came on and played better than he did. TELLO, ffs. And that was on the right wing, too!

But anyway Deulofeu shouldn't be aiming to be Pedro. He's already a better dribbler than most, probably the fourth best on the team and I can see him eclipsing neymar if he works hard. If you ask me he should aim for Ronaldo he has everything Ronaldo has except for height and heading ability.

I'd give Gerard two seasons before he's better than Neymar is. Hopefully he does end up better than him, because it's hard for me to see Neymar sticking with the club for anything longer than another 3 seasons and by then we'll need Deulofeu and Adama to be ready to really step up.

DinhoR10

He started damn near every game of even slight importance under Pep and Tito. There's a reason the introduction of Neymar pushed him so far back in the pecking order despite him being far more experienced on the right wing than Alexis. As I said before, how many of his goals were in squash matches? I'd say most, if not all of them were. I'm not the biggest fan of Alexis but at least I can say he has helped the team with his goals, which is similar in number to Pedro's, but instead of scoring hat tricks on Rayo he's scoring on Atletico and Real Madrid. I remember one game in particular, Vs. Valencia where Messi scored a hat trick in the first half only for Postiga to net a brace in the same half. Pedro missed chance after chance after chance after chance... it was ridiculous. Tello actually came on and played better than he did. TELLO, ffs. And that was on the right wing, too!

I'd give Gerard two seasons before he's better than Neymar is. Hopefully he does end up better than him, because it's hard for me to see Neymar sticking with the club for anything longer than another 3 seasons and by then we'll need Deulofeu and Adama to be ready to really step up.

Well Pedro didn't start any games against important opposition except for the last game against atletico. He actually didn't play much except for 20 mins here and there against top opposition.

And neymar has 4 more seasons at most I can't see him staying so long when we have Adama and munir coming up the pipeline for free and we can sell him off at 26 for 80 million.

Deulofeu just needs to become a regular goal scorer to become the best winger we have with the current standard. I have a feeling he will burst through easily this season, no offense to bojan, tello, Cuenca etc but he's probably the most talented forward we have made since Messi. Hopefully he gets serious game time and just brings his A game.

Home of Barca Fans