Gerard Deulofeu

Kerrybai

I really couldn't care less about Deulofeu when I talk about how poor Pedro has been. I'd much rather let Alexis start, but I'm sure people would hop all over me for his inefficiencies as well. His goal tally means very little. How many of those 17 goals came against Rayo Vallecano alone? How many more came in games we won 4,5,6,and 7-0?

Did Pedro score even ONE vital goal for us this entire season? I honestly can't think of any.

Yes, Tata is to blame for him being poor in 2012, 13, and 14. I should have known. Surely he'll be better when he can freely pass to Messi whenever he wants under Lucho!

This is pretty sad. I don't mind people siding with Sanchez but I cant stand it when people put down Pedro in order to strengthen their Sanchez love.

Take away the 2 Sanchez golozo's and their is not much between the 2 players. Hopefully both will improve under Lucho.

Also you should refresh your memory.

Zangash

Banned
Well Pedro didn't start any games against important opposition except for the last game against atletico. He actually didn't play much except for 20 mins here and there against top opposition.

This was under Tata, though, and this was most likely due to his poor performances in the two seasons prior.

And neymar has 4 more seasons at most I can't see him staying so long when we have Adama and munir coming up the pipeline for free and we can sell him off at 26 for 80 million.

I agree. Both Adama and Munir have higher potential than him imo. In truth, Munir might possibly be playing at a similar level, but his age holds him back because of Bojan.

Deulofeu just needs to become a regular goal scorer to become the best winger we have with the current standard. I have a feeling he will burst through easily this season, no offense to bojan, tello, Cuenca etc but he's probably the most talented forward we have made since Messi. Hopefully he gets serious game time and just brings his A game.

I would be inclined to agree with you if it weren't for a certain 18 y/o striker, but yes, Deulofeu is very talented and if given the chance very well could explode into becoming a key player for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like you're begging me to tell you to drop that phone in the trash and pick up Android. Haha

Zangash

Banned
This is pretty sad. I don't mind people siding with Sanchez but I cant stand it when people put down Pedro in order to strengthen their Sanchez love.

Take away the 2 Sanchez golozo's and their is not much between the 2 players. Hopefully both will improve under Lucho.

I think we should establish I HATE Sanchez and think he isn't anywhere near Barca quality, and the only reason people might think he is is due to a general lack of quality in our front line.

And in that video I see Pedro scoring a hat trick in a game that involved us crushing ants. Come on now.

DinhoR10

This was under Tata, though, and this was most likely due to his poor performances in the two seasons prior.

I agree. Both Adama and Munir have higher potential than him imo. In truth, Munir might possibly be playing at a similar level, but his age holds him back because of Bojan.

I would be inclined to agree with you if it weren't for a certain 18 y/o striker, but yes, Deulofeu is very talented and if given the chance very well could explode into becoming a key player for us.

It's like you're begging me to tell you to drop that phone in the trash and pick up Android. Haha

:lol: I love my phone.

And yeah that was probably it, his performances weren't good jn previous seasons and I think Alexis just fit tata's team more than Pedro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerrybai

I think we should establish I HATE Sanchez and think he isn't anywhere near Barca quality, and the only reason people might think he is is due to a general lack of quality in our front line.

And in that video I see Pedro scoring a hat trick in a game that involved us crushing ants. Come on now.

Fair enough on the first part, but we were trailing 2-0 before Pedro scored a 10 minute hat trick.

Galning

So true. Pedro was awesome before Christmas (same as Alexis) only to be benched by out of form Neymar. He never really got regular playing time afterwards, even less than Alexis.

But yeah, I won't be bothered to discuss this with someone who even turns down this performance by claiming "they're just ants".

serghei

Why on earth would we even consider parting ways with either one of Pedro/Sanchez? These two players are both inside top 10 wingers in the world right now. Both crazy talented and hard working too. We've got the wings pretty covered with Neymar/Sanchez/Pedro/Deulofeu.

Ursegor

World Champion
Why on earth would we even consider parting ways with either one of Pedro/Sanchez? These two players are both inside top 10 wingers in the world right now. Both crazy talented and hard working too. We've got the wings pretty covered with Neymar/Sanchez/Pedro/Deulofeu.

Because we have too many wingers. Imagine a situation where the starting frontline is (most likely) Neymar-Messi-Alexis. Now with Pedro and Deulofeu on the bench who will the coach bring on most likely as a first sub? The senior Pedro or the 20 year old Deulofeu? The senior Pedro. Doesn't help Deulo's development. And if Lucho picks Deulofeu first then a senior player like Pedro will ask to leave soon enough anyway if he's 4th choice behind Nerman, Alexis and Deulofeu.

And this is with me already ignoring Tello's existence and Rafinha's capability to play on the right.

serghei

Because we have too many wingers. Imagine a situation where the starting frontline is (most likely) Neymar-Messi-Alexis. Now with Pedro and Deulofeu on the bench who will the coach bring on most likely as a first sub? The senior Pedro or the 20 year old Deulofeu? The senior Pedro. Doesn't help Deulo's development. And if Lucho picks Deulofeu first then a senior player like Pedro will ask to leave soon enough anyway if he's 4th choice behind Nerman, Alexis and Deulofeu.

And this is with me already ignoring Tello's existence and Rafinha's capability to play on the right.

You have to have every position doubled. Neymar, Alexis, Pedro, Deulofeu is OK for two spots. Besides, Messi can also play as a CAM, to rest Iniesta who has been very poor from a physical standpoint towards the end of the last 2 seasons. Andres is 30, needs more rest IMO. Alexis could play as a 9 in front of Messi, and Pedro/Deulofeu on the right. There are multiple options. Pedro and Alexis are amazing players, would do anything to keep both.

Also, Deulofeu could be a major dissapointment. We can't go crazy and put too much pressure on this young guys.

LeeRomeno

I think one of our biggest problems has been not rotating our squad properly, for example playing Cup games with full roster basically apart from GK. I would rather win 1 important trophy per season then fail trying to win all...

spark

Well Henry didnt even have a full season of bad form before he was replaced by Pedro as a starter. Same way Guardiola replaced Pedro with Cuenca and Tello pretty quickly when his form dropped. No one can say that any of the 3 were better footballers than the players they replaced but they added something new and brought hunger and fearlessness. Then you factor in playing time and consider that Pedro hardly made any starts before Messi got injured. In a normal season,when you sign Neymar, Pedro will only have sporadic appearances. If everything on the injury front returns to normal next year would Pedro be happy with that? He wasnt in the first two months of the season. Its not the most ridiculous thing to suggest that Deulo take his role if it is inevitably reduced.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Except Deulofeu is the most direct winger in that group apart from Tello...Pedro & Alexis have more experience and a better overall current skill set but neither have his ability to consistently attack his marker & go for goal...Deulofeu is still very much a work in progress but we need a player of his aggression

CesDel

So true. Pedro was awesome before Christmas (same as Alexis) only to be benched by out of form Neymar. He never really got regular playing time afterwards, even less than Alexis.

But yeah, I won't be bothered to discuss this with someone who even turns down this performance by claiming "they're just ants".

Actually, that's not true. Atleast not in the league, where Pedro started 1 more game than Alexis.

Galning

Actually, that's not true. Atleast not in the league, where Pedro started 1 more game than Alexis.

I can't remember Pedro starting ahead of Alexis in a big game, or coming on before Alexis for that matter. He clearly was after him in the picking order, that's what I meant.

CesDel

I can't remember Pedro starting ahead of Alexis in a big game, or coming on before Alexis for that matter. He clearly was after him in the picking order, that's what I meant.

Well, Pedro started 28 games while Alexis started 27. Although, tbf Alexis played 31 more minutes than Pedro.

Home of Barca Fans