Gerard Deulofeu

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Roberto Martinez: "Deulofeu is ready for Barca"

Interviewed by MD while covering the WC in Brasil

Roberto-Martinez-con-Gerard-De_54405983171_54115221154_600_396.jpg

"Yes, he is ready to play at the club because he has a special talent, qualities that make him different."

"I was thrilled that Vicente del Bosque called him up for the friendly prior to the World Cup. He had followed Deulofeu throughout the season at Everton and had been able to evaluate his performances as being at a high level."

Martinez didn't hide the fact that 'ideally we would've liked Gerard to continue for another season at Everton.'

"For Deulofeu, he would've enjoyed greater prominence staying than he is likely to encounter with the competition that awaits him at Barcelona. At Everton he would've been amazing and another year in the Premier League would've finished preparing him for the jump to Barcelona. But they (Barcelona) didn't want it, I guess because Luis Enrique, who knows him well, knows his worth."

"The best thing that Gerard has gained during his time at Everton has been his ability to learn, to be integrated into a system, a team, play less individually and to earn the respect of his teammates who didn't hesitate to give him the ball in tight situations that he unlocked."

The biggest change he noted in the player was his consistency, more or less playing at the same level throughout a match. "Before, his genius appeared during certain stretches of the match and other times he didn't seem involved in the match. He has also significantly improved his fitness. The Premier League is demanding in that respect, not enough to have pace if you don't have strength as well. This was something that happened to Jesus Navas as well who evolved."

Kerrybai

If he went Celta we would probably have had a starter in him right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His time at Everton was worth it for that goal at Arsenal, It must have been a huge boost for him. He's also come back very humble and contributes a bit defensively.

DinhoR10

His time at Everton was worth it for that goal at Arsenal, It must have been a huge boost for him. He's also come back very humble and contributes a bit defensively.

If only for that goal it was a good loan, I just feel time under lucho would've done him better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

linetty

Wow, looking really fit...can't wait to see him beasting it up next season!!

Zangash

Banned
It doesn't seem like too many people are remembering him when fantasizing about our front line of the future. Seems a bit odd to me. I'm sure he'll have a great season under Lucho and wouldn't be surprised to see him earn a starting spot.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It doesn't seem like too many people are remembering him when fantasizing about our front line of the future. Seems a bit odd to me. I'm sure he'll have a great season under Lucho and wouldn't be surprised to see him earn a starting spot.

I remember when people were saying we don't need Neymar because we had Deulo.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

But it did happen. People wanted us to let Neymar go to RM because Deulo was going to be a legend on the left flank. I hope he still manages to make it here. In a few years:

--------Suarez/Haddadi---------
Neymar------Messi---------Deulo/Adama

Would be a badass frontline.

Home of Barca Fans