Gerard Deulofeu

DinhoR10

I hope he gets much playing time at the beginning of the season when Neymar and Suarez will not be able to play.
Get a couple of assists and maybe even score a goal. That would be a great start for him at Barca.

If theres one thing Deulofeu knows how to do, its score. I would expect more goals than assists, but then again playing on the same team as messi humbles most.

abual3bed1

Lucho and the year at Everton will have a massive effect on him. He has one hell of a chance to cement his place in the 1st team.

Alarcón

Zidane told Materazzi the same thing. As an attacker you get frustrated when you're so good defenders foul you all the time. Nothing arrogant about it.

Zangash

Banned
Zidane told Materazzi the same thing. As an attacker you get frustrated when you're so good defenders foul you all the time. Nothing arrogant about it.

You're in denial if you don't think Gerard was arrogant before :lol:

The Gerard of now and the Gerard of Barca B are like night and day as far as personality goes.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's going to be giving a press conference tomorrow. Let's see what he says regarding Lucho and his fight for a spot in the team.

Zangash

Banned
He's going to be giving a press conference tomorrow. Let's see what he says regarding Lucho and his fight for a spot in the team.

Not expecting anything too out of the ordinary. He likes Lucho as a coach, wants to impress him, knows there are many stars ahead of him, and hopes to start so he can prove himself... Same stuff we've heard before really.

Or he could go back to being cocky Deulofeu and proclaim by the time Suarez gets back Lucho won't even let him play because he'll be too busy dominating, but that's less expected.

Zangash

Banned
It will be disappointing if PEDRO is picked before him. I think Pedro is done with us.

Not too worried about that tbh. With Tito and Martino seniority ruled playing time but I see Hell freezing over, defrosting, and becoming a foresty grassland before Pedro is able to outperform Deulofeu on such a consistent basis that he keeps him out of the team when Lucho specifically demanded Gerard return from loan.

BerkeleyBernie

Not too worried about that tbh. With Tito and Martino seniority ruled playing time but I see Hell freezing over, defrosting, and becoming a foresty grassland before Pedro is able to outperform Deulofeu on such a consistent basis that he keeps him out of the team when Lucho specifically demanded Gerard return from loan.

Totally different players, and will probably be used in different scenarios. I didn't follow much other than highlights of Deulofeu at Everton- has he exhibited any team smarts? Because there is a lot more to football than running at defenders.

And I suspect Lucho isn't looking at this as a one-year experiment. If he's building the team for future years, he wants to start integrating Deulofeu now- which doesn't mean an immediate jump to the top of the class.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
Totally different players, and will probably be used in different scenarios. I didn't follow much other than highlights of Deulofeu at Everton- has he exhibited any team smarts? Because there is a lot more to football than running at defenders.

Actually, he has. He had a strong tendency to ignore his teammates and go for goal though, although this behavior was mainly prevalent in his absurd amount of substitute appearances. He showed he has the tools to be a team player, but didn't seem particularly interested in swapping passes with 'stone legs' Lukaku and 'where did I just pass that' Naismith. And let's be honest here, if Pedro was ever capable of running at defenders he probably wouldn't be viewed so lowly by fans and management, who put him behind all of Alexis, Neymar, Iniesta, and even Fabregas.

And I suspect Lucho isn't looking at this as a one-year experiment. If he's building the team for future years, he wants to start integrating Deulofeu now- which doesn't mean an immediate jump to the top of the class.

Obviously he isn't, but he is well known for having a preference for developing young players and with two of our three front line stars being injured and suspended the opportunity is more open than it probably ever will be.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
10547135_734012386637191_1574668535_n.jpg

Deulo with Sandro and Adama. :wub:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans