Gerard Deulofeu

Gohan

Super Saiyan
this is a no brainer, no team let alone individuals could play any better than how Barca and the names you mentioned played in there triumph years

Its just not possible. Highly doubt these young guys will be able to duplicate that, if you set the bar that high you might end up being disappointed in the end.

It's more like, these last two seasons we haven't been performing at our best. And many people realized there had to made new changes to this team. The core players were aging. Set pieces and our defense were the weak spot. Now that we have a whole load of new and fresh players and we brought the necessary height into this squad perhaps that evolution is near.

But once again, only time will tell.

Zangash

Banned
What do you guys think about him pulling a Di Maria and shifting to midfield at some point? Our front line could end up looking like anything from Messi Neymar Suarez to Messi Munir Suarez to Messi Adama Munir in the next few years and if Deulofeu could make the jump to attacking midfielder we could conceivably have all of him, Messi, Suarez, and Munir/Neymar on the field at the same time in the coming seasons.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
What do you guys think about him pulling a Di Maria and shifting to midfield at some point? Our front line could end up looking like anything from Messi Neymar Suarez to Messi Munir Suarez to Messi Adama Munir in the next few years and if Deulofeu could make the jump to attacking midfielder we could conceivably have all of him, Messi, Suarez, and Munir/Neymar on the field at the same time in the coming seasons.

Adama is the more assist-minded between the two, so I think Adama could make that switch. But then what happens to Denis Suarez and Rafa? :D

Zangash

Banned
Adama is the more assist-minded between the two, so I think Adama could make that switch. But then what happens to Denis Suarez and Rafa? :D

In my opinion Adama would never work in the midfield. He's more assist minded, but he seems to have been bred for the RW role. Deulofeu can attack on both sides and would effectively give us a consistent goal threat from midfield, something we haven't really had since (I guess) Keita. As far as Rafa goes, he will eventually faze in for Iniesta as he grows older, and to be honest I never saw Suarez as having a chance to be a starter here either way, with Samper and Halilovic coming through.

L

linetty

Adama is a born winger, he can't make that switch. Why would he anyway? We have lots of talented midfielders.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
In my opinion Adama would never work in the midfield. He's more assist minded, but he seems to have been bred for the RW role. Deulofeu can attack on both sides and would effectively give us a consistent goal threat from midfield, something we haven't really had since (I guess) Keita. As far as Rafa goes, he will eventually faze in for Iniesta as he grows older, and to be honest I never saw Suarez as having a chance to be a starter here either way, with Samper and Halilovic coming through.

Samper is DM, deep lying playmaker though, so he shouldn't be competition for Suarez.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see who manages to make the step up then.

Zangash

Banned
Samper is DM, deep lying playmaker though, so he shouldn't be competition for Suarez.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see who manages to make the step up then.

Samper can easily make the move up to CM if he's ready for promotion before Busquets has to take a lesser role, which is really looking quite imminent. Another season like the last and it'll be hard to justify not promoting him.

See that's the thing. Why would Deulofeu do that either? Deulofeu is a born attacker too.

So is Angel Di Maria, but he showed he is capable of playing the midfield role quite excellently. Deulofeu has a lot in common with AdM, so it's not too far-fetched to think he could do it as well. Adama wouldn't be able to work in the midfield because his playstyle of wanting to run at the last line of defenders and power his way through before cutting the ball to a striker wouldn't fit if played in a deeper role.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So is Angel Di Maria, but he showed he is capable of playing the midfield role quite excellently. Deulofeu has a lot in common with AdM, so it's not too far-fetched to think he could do it as well. Adama wouldn't be able to work in the midfield because his playstyle of wanting to run at the last line of defenders and power his way through before cutting the ball to a striker wouldn't fit if played in a deeper role.

Eh, I don't know. I'd like to see Deulo play on the wing, what with him being the "Catalan Ronaldo" and all. But it's the coach's choice, not ours. If Lucho thinks Deulo can play in midfield, then so be it.

Alarcón

Di Maria is not a midfielder at all, the only place where he works in midfield is in a chaotic style like Madrid's, no way he or Deulofeu could play in Barca midfield

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
10561060_709870689084673_940170646_n.jpg

L

linetty

he gets this catalan ronaldo nickname too much to himself, a few perfect chances where he could've passed it but went solo instead. it's kinda frustating at times.

he can be a joker coming on from the bench tho

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
The scene where he did not pass it to Munir after a great dribbling was really frustrating.
It is good to be selfish sometimes but today it was too much.

Home of Barca Fans