Gerard Deulofeu

L

linetty

Neymar's occupying left wing and Deulo is pretty useless on the right hand side. I'm sure he's going to be given a shot but right wing is not comfrotable for him.

stewart77

I'm not 100% convinced Deulofeu's got a future at Barca, needs to improve his decision making, and stop being so greedy

F

Flavia

Neymar's occupying left wing and Deulo is pretty useless on the right hand side. I'm sure he's going to be given a shot but right wing is not comfrotable for him.

He's pretty good at rw. Played there a lot, for Barça b and Everton.

L

linetty

He's pretty good at rw. Played there a lot, for Barça b and Everton.
A few times I've watched him he was pretty poor on the right and unveiled his true potential when switched to the left, drifting to the center

Friendly against Huelva is a decent example of that, he was poor for some time and then switched sides with someone (I can't remember now) and we scored a goal after his action from the left hand side.

BenRobbins

For everton he played on the right most of the time and you could see his talent, just needs a good bit of coaching and to mature abit with his decision making and you could have something special on your hands. Wether or not he fulfills his potential at barca or not i hope he does because he seems like a good lad.

DinhoR10

A few times I've watched him he was pretty poor on the right and unveiled his true potential when switched to the left, drifting to the center

Friendly against Huelva is a decent example of that, he was poor for some time and then switched sides with someone (I can't remember now) and we scored a goal after his action from the left hand side.

He's been mainly a RW for a couple years now, I agree that he needs to improve though, mainly his lack of a strong left foot, with the way our style forces teams to defend deep, its easier for our wingers to cut in than to go to the byline the majority of the time so i think if he really wants to be considered for the RW spot he's going to need to learn to dribble and shoot on his left.

Messi_Goal

Been looking forward for Deulofeu to get in to the first team for about 3-4 seasons now, He has all the talent to be a great FC Barcelona player. Just think how much he is going to learn from playing with Messi, Neymar and Suarez and under the guidance of Lucho he has everything his talent needs to be polished up.

Last edited:
L

linetty

My point is that he can't cut to the center and shoot when he's on the right because he's left foot is poor. Other than that there's really no difference.

DinhoR10

My point is that he can't cut to the center and shoot when he's on the right because he's left foot is poor. Other than that there's really no difference.

He can shoot from the right with his right, but it's always some spectacular shot nobody ever tries in top flight football, for him to be a consistent goal scorer from the right he needs to get a nice curler on his left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zangash

Banned
I don't know, he impressed me only playing on the left flank.

His goal against Arsenal came from the right flank.... Not to mention he WAS a right winger with Barca B. I'm inclined to say that is his position. Saying otherwise is like saying Alba is better as a RB than a LB, to me.

Anyways, he is capable of playing on either side. When deployed on the right his role is more of a supporting player, constantly looking for the pass or cross when he doesn't aim to pull of some ridiculous golazo. On the right he's more likely to go for goal. No matter what side he's on he's consistently able to beat his man, though. When playing with that shitty blue team it was pretty clear to most BPL defenders that he was a player they needed to mark almost immediately. It didn't help that they lacked any real competent striker to latch onto his low crosses that often went straight across the face of the goal. At Barca he won't have to worry about such heavy marking just by virtue of him playing for Barca (Would you mark Neymar/Suarez, Messi, or some kid who isn't a starter yet?) and as he racks up assists to Messi, Neymar, Suarez, and Iniesta, all players who have no problem accepting and turning in a "tap-in" your view of his ability on the RW will be bound to change.

This is all without thinking that he may be given a free role similar to what he had in the first friendly, switching sides constantly based on where he felt he could provide the most danger. If given this free role he could be the most dangerous imo, as he is able to effectively operating anywhere on the front line.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
BtkamAyCQAAzMSS.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans