Gerard Deulofeu

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
That's unfair. The youngsters have done more than the so called first teamers thus far. Deulofeu created the goal against Huelva and Munir won the penalty against Nice. Munir had some nice shots saved by Cabral yesterday, and overall the B teamers played much better in the second half than the first teamers did in the first half. And the fact remains that Deulo hasn't started with first team caliber teammates yet.

Tonykross

That's unfair. The youngsters have done more than the so called first teamers thus far. Deulofeu created the goal against Huelva and Munir won the penalty against Nice. Munir had some nice shots saved by Cabral yesterday, and overall the B teamers played much better in the second half than the first teamers did in the first half. And the fact remains that Deulo hasn't started with first team caliber teammates yet.

Deulofeu,Rafinhna and Roberto will have limited minutes this season if the Iniesta,Suarez and Messi of the world are healthy, Barcelona has no room for error when Madrid is lining up all those expensive players and Athletico is a force to reckon with.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Deulofeu,Rafinhna and Roberto will have limited minutes this season if the Iniesta,Suarez and Messi of the world are healthy, Barcelona has no room for error when Madrid is lining up all those expensive players and Athletico is a force to reckon with.

Deulofeu is more than capable of playing against the likes of Eibar, Rayo, Cordoba, CL dead rubber games, and in the early stages of the CDR. Real Madrid still managed to give Jese Rodriguez some minutes despite all their stars, and he scored in his Clasico debut.

JamDav1982

Deulofeu is more than capable of playing against the likes of Eibar, Rayo, Cordoba, CL dead rubber games, and in the early stages of the CDR. Real Madrid still managed to give Jese Rodriguez some minutes despite all their stars, and he scored in his Clasico debut.

Jese Rodriguez was in the team on merit, cant see that being the case with Deulofeu this season. He will have to improve a lot to get that.

Too many people on here seem to think that young players need loads of minutes to develop when the truth is they will only get those minutes if they show enough to earn it and it has to be that way.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Jese Rodriguez was in the team on merit, cant see that being the case with Deulofeu this season. He will have to improve a lot to get that.

Too many people on here seem to think that young players need loads of minutes to develop when the truth is they will only get those minutes if they show enough to earn it and it has to be that way.

I get that. All that I'm saying is that, if Deulo shows that he deserves minutes, then Lucho will give him minutes. That's all.

Alarcón

BBZ, I agree that we shouldn't hype those players too much as not every one of those top talents is gonna make it at Barça, but you're being too pessimistic. I've been following Barça B for a few years and I don't think we have ever had so many quality talents in the B team as we do now (maybe except for the 91 generation that was plagued by injuries and other misfortunes). If you talk about Gai Assulin and Bojan, players like them either played in a Barça B that wasn't nearly as good as the current one, or they skipped the B team altogether. Our current B team is highly competitive, good enough to be a bottom-table Liga team, so the players there are playing at a very high level, unlike a few years ago. I disagree and would be very surprised if only 1 of the players that are being hyped that much (Munir, Adama, Samper, Halilovic, Suárez, Ié, Grimaldo, Babunski etc.) will be worth more than 5 million in 3 years. One could argue that certain clubs would already pay a double-digit amount for those players; Sanabria left for 4.5 million + 7.5 million in add ons and he had barely played for the B team back then. Also, you're talking about Bartra, Montoya and Deulofeu as if their progression was finished already, but the fact is that they're 20 to 23 and still have a lot of room to improve. You're saying it's a risk to play Bartra in a league game but Bartra in particular is currently probably our best central defender.

F

Flavia

Bucz4h6CUAAVE2f.jpg

The only one without a number. He's waiting for Song to leave.

Adversus

Simply put, I disagree with you.

You don't just ask a player to improve in order to get more minutes. Giving a young player more minutes is how you help them improve.

That's the point you keep missing. It's not that he won't get minutes at Barca, it's the fact that those minutes might actually do him more harm than good.

If he's not ready playing for Barca in front of 80,000 expectant fans it is a hard place to be learning on the job.

As for his defensive play, at Everton we where pleasantly surprised by how much he tracked back. I'm surprised if there is an issue that is it.

Adversus

Are you as hopeful for his future as you are Samper, Munir, Adama, and Halilovic? Or do you only care about him succeeding because he kind of played for Everton?

Honestly because he "sort of played at Everton". I always like to see players who have played for us do well, except Rooney offcourse.

And hopefully he will turn into a real superstar because that would be pretty cool.

DinhoR10

He'll make it, he has the it factor that a forward needs to lead the front line of a team like Barcelona, the kind of ability hat automatically makes defenders weary of him something tello and Cuenca don't have.

Home of Barca Fans