Gerard Deulofeu

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think for Deulo, Lucho's intentions in loaning him were sincere. Deulo is bound to develop more whilst playing regularly for Sevilla than just on occasion with Barca.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
"I'm very happy about the welcome at Sevilla. I have to compete for a spot. If I don't, I won't play at Sevilla or anywhere else."

"I don't want to talk about Barça this season. I'm totally focused on my year at Sevilla, my team now. Rest doesn't matter" [rac1]

BBZ8800

Delou always plays well and more so carry the Spanish teams he is involved in, since the U-17 teams, which is one of the reason, I am certain he will make it. at barca not so sure anymore

Again, those are youth teams.
You play against young defenders there and it is easier to shine.

I am not saying that it will surely happen with Deulo, but there were 1000s of players who world were world-class and the best players in the world when there were youngsters, and later they turned into average players.

Saviola, Sinama Pongolle, Le Tallec, Robbie Keane, Diego, Gago, Andres D'Alessandro etc..

Gago was meant to be a new Redondo. Diego and D'Alessandro were supposed to be the best midfielders in the world, in the future.
Robbie Keane was meant to be THE BEST forward in the world based on his youth displays. He was a good player, but ended far from expectations.

So, people have to be cautious with youth NT matches.
La Liga matches against big boys say much more about any player.

khaled_a_d

Again, those are youth teams.
You play against young defenders there and it is easier to shine.

I am not saying that it will surely happen with Deulo, but there were 1000s of players who world were world-class and the best players in the world when there were youngsters, and later they turned into average players.

Saviola, Sinama Pongolle, Le Tallec, Robbie Keane, Diego, Gago, Andres D'Alessandro etc..

Gago was meant to be a new Redondo. Diego and D'Alessandro were supposed to be the best midfielders in the world, in the future.
Robbie Keane was meant to be THE BEST forward in the world based on his youth displays. He was a good player, but ended far from expectations.

So, people have to be cautious with youth NT matches.
La Liga matches against big boys say much more about any player.

Gerard was the best player in 2nd division in a season he was playing while being 18 years old player,it is very good level and he has shown development there from one season to another
The loan to Everton was a bad decision you send him to a team and another league where he isn't guranteed to play ,along side the injury it was a wasted year
Now it seems that Lucho wants to offer him a chance to play regularly ,I think that players like him at his age needs to play at there own strangth b4 trying to developing and molding them into players who fits into the team tactically ,Barca can't afford that right now,while a player like Munir fits the team more and he could be sent to Barca B to develop ,that is IMHO why he is loaned
Sure a lot of prospects fails ,people thought GDS is the new R10 and Bojan is better than Messi ,but it goes both ways,a lot of people thaought Messi was too weak and selfish to be the best player in the world,Cr7 was too selfish and doesn't show in big games in 2006 ,same witrh Robben ,there is always those who shy in the real competetion and others who just shut the critics down
All what is said about Geard is just speculation and it is up to him to prove us right or wrong ,but If I am gonna speculate I am starting to think he might take longer than expected to develop and it might happen too late that he is gonna be out of the club

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not starting against Getafe, hope he gets a decent amount of minutes. He's in a bad slump right now in terms of confidence and development but he has to get back on the right path ASAP. Otherwise, his chances at Barca are continuously dwindling.

Sid90

Not starting once again, should have loaned him out to Celta Vigo or another mid table team. Rafinha was exceptional during his period with Celta.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt a serious manager would play him regardless of which team it is if he doesn't get his shit together. He was so disappointing in the last match and got me really furious. Not a surprise that he was kept on the bench today. Besides, the players always have a say in where they go. Im sure he could have gone to a LL team last year, but he accepted to go to Everton, same with Sevilla this time around.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Didn't even play, gotta wonder if there's more going on behind the scenes...Bacca was great but they really weren't very good as a whole, Sevilla...Worried about Deulofeu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Munir is getting 3 starts in a row for Barcelona whereas Deulofeu isn't even getting sub appearances for Sevilla with the likes of Vitolo/Vidal in front of him. He needs to cut the crap, whatever is going on. It's 3 different managers in a row that are reluctant to give him time.

Honestly he should've gone to Villarreal instead of Sevilla. Emery makes smart decisions and chooses the right setup to work in his team's advantage but a lot of times it's just good individuals in a chaotic system. A lot of sloppy, weird plays and lack of team cohesion but eventually their amount of quality and selective advantages from Emery can result in goals (see Rakitic's individual skills shining last season but none of his tactical discipline on display).

Villarreal on the other hand practice formulaic team based counters day in and day out. The kind of quick transitions and passing sequences they attempt are always textbook training ground routines ingrained into their players. They also were able to get a head case like Dos Santos to shine after having moved around clubs without success (similar to Deulofeu). Deulo would've learned how to attack as a part of a unit with technique and instinct to sharpen his decision making and activeness. Quick one-two plays, pre-rehearsed maneuvers and runs, etc. All of this could have actually taught him and improved his game.

Tonykross

Munir is getting 3 starts in a row for Barcelona whereas Deulofeu isn't even getting sub appearances for Sevilla with the likes of Vitolo/Vidal in front of him. He needs to cut the crap, whatever is going on. It's 3 different managers in a row that are reluctant to give him time.

Honestly he should've gone to Villarreal instead of Sevilla. Emery makes smart decisions and chooses the right setup to work in his team's advantage but a lot of times it's just good individuals in a chaotic system. A lot of sloppy, weird plays and lack of team cohesion but eventually their amount of quality and selective advantages from Emery can result in goals (see Rakitic's individual skills shining last season but none of his tactical discipline on display).

Villarreal on the other hand practice formulaic team based counters day in and day out. The kind of quick transitions and passing sequences they attempt are always textbook training ground routines ingrained into their players. They also were able to get a head case like Dos Santos to shine after having moved around clubs without success (similar to Deulofeu). Deulo would've learned how to attack as a part of a unit with technique and instinct to sharpen his decision making and activeness. Quick one-two plays, pre-rehearsed maneuvers and runs, etc. All of this could have actually taught him and improved his game.

I would have preferred him to remain at Everton to build from last year, rather than going to Sevilla and still warming the bench and not getting minutes.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
My guess is that the player still hasn't accepted that he's not at Barcelona...The only reason Emery wouldn't play him, IMO, is if he wasn't giving 100%...Barcelona can't be too pleased either because any way you look at it, no one benefits from Deulofeu not playing

NotInHere

Why isn't he starting though? Don't watch Sevilla at all, is there a player that plays better in his position?

His either not impressing his coach or there's a player that performs better. Who knows, but you might have thought he would quickly gel into the team.

Home of Barca Fans