Gerard Deulofeu

Zangash

Banned
how has he been overall? I'm at work so I can't watch the game.

Is he helping defend? Is he passing the ball? Is he getting frustrated with his teammates?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Not a lot of defense, no. I don't think he's ever going to be a plus on the defensive duties. Just doesn't look like that interests him much.

However he has been efficient in attack, which is one aspect he needed to improve.

He still has a tendency to make one play too many and screw the move up.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I still refuse to believe he doesn't deserve to be playing with the first team, he is a fantastically skilled player...How few genuinely flair players of his caliber are there in the game?...He's got a lot to work on in his game but he's already such a dangerous player that certainly earns him a place with this team

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You have to give him credit too because he was faced with a challenge and lots of pressure in the media and responded...Sign of character there and in his defense, he's always responded well to challenges

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I still refuse to believe he doesn't deserve to be playing with the first team, he is a fantastically skilled player...How few genuinely flair players of his caliber are there in the game?...He's got a lot to work on in his game but he's already such a dangerous player that certainly earns him a place with this team

I think the decision to loan him was a wise one. For as much talent as he has, he has just as many negatives. Even today with a good performance, his negatives were still there to be seen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Damn... Missed the match and forgot to record it on the HD PVR. Hope it gets uploaded somewhere.

Good to hear that he did very well. Long may it continue!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's a young player, young players make mistakes...I think it's unrealistic to expect a youth player to come up and not make mistakes in their development...And it's not as if he wouldn't be bringing assets to the squad as well because we absolutely lack a lethal wide player from the right...Plus in the bigger picture and in terms of how youth players have been handled/promoted over the last 7-8 years, I'm saying he merits time with the first team...If Dos Santos, Fontas or Roberto are given chances then certainly a more skilled/talented and dangerous player does

It feels very heavy handed from the club...again, unless there's some attitude or training issue behind the scenes - despite the player having never been linked to such issues before

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It's not about making mistakes, mistakes are acceptable, but about the negative habits and tendencies in his game that need to be weeded out. Even today, with a good performance, these tendencies and habits were obvious.

He brings almost zero defensive contribution.
He's not effective in getting involved in build-up, but choosing to wait for the ball to get to him and then attacking the defense.
He has selfish tendencies.
He has a poor habit of taking one touch too many, or one dribble too many, and getting himself in poor positions as result.

He has plenty of talent, talent has never been the problem, but he has too many rough edges to his game still that he needs to polish up. He's the clear case of a player who got by in the lower divisions purely off his immense talent, and as a result, has plenty of holes in his games that need to be filled for the top level.

Munir is younger, yet is far more polished than him in all these aspects.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Deu's only a year or so older. That's not that much.

Yeah, Deulo is still plenty young to iron out his wrinkles, but he needs to put effort into it. He's got some poor habits that are not easy to get out off without some considerable effort.

Munir is a year younger, and far less experienced playing-wise, yet is the more polished player.

Home of Barca Fans