Gerard Deulofeu

Adversus

Well as I said Pedro doesnt win us points, and he certainly hasn't saved us points with his daring defensive work this season, so in effect he has had no real influence on the outcome of our league play this season.
Every player has an effect on the outcome of the game. Otherwise Messi would just need to go out and play a whole team by himself. Your point is ridiculous.

BBZ8800

I've been bought into this guy's hype, had high hopes for him. Now he's dead for me.

It is nice to see that more and more die-hard La Masia fans are learning.
Be careful with crappy hype-stories (not with Deulo, he really had some potential, but with some other guys).

My prediction is that Halilovic will be Deulo No2. The same scenario.
Except that Deulo was at least a world-class in B team.

F

Flavia

It is nice to see that more and more die-hard La Masia fans are learning.
Be careful with crappy hype-stories (not with Deulo, he really had some potential, but with some other guys).

My prediction is that Halilovic will be Deulo No2. The same scenario.
Except that Deulo was at least a world-class in B team.

I don't think Halilovic is as hyped as Deulo.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Deulo had plenty of potential, but he's wasting it and won't make it at Barca 99% barring some 180 degree turn. Talent means absolutely nothing for players who don't have enough elasticity to improve and learn, he's rigidly stuck to his level. I could see him staying at Sevilla or going to teams like Everton/Villarreal.

Our youth are struggling as much as the first team right now with the B team players in such a dire situation, Munir not being ready for top level football, and Deulo/Denis being stranded in a poor loan. I still have hope for Denis but he should come back this summer, Sevilla isn't developing him.

DinhoR10

Every player has an effect on the outcome of the game. Otherwise Messi would just need to go out and play a whole team by himself. Your point is ridiculous.

Yeah once you're on the field you always have an impact no matter how negligible, but as with Sergi Roberto, just being on the field isn't enough, a Forward/Winger has to score and assist especially since we've played in a forward-centric 4-3-3 ever since Pep left. Even Heskey got assists.

khaled_a_d

I think he is gobba be very good player who is going to spent his prime in a top team ,but he probably needs time,one shouldn't right off a player with his talent at the age of 20 tbh
Hell Bojan is improving a lot after 4 bad seasons and seems to get his head straight finally
One could question if he is gonna be good enough soon so that Barca could use him or not .some players don't hit their peak b4 25

Zangash

Banned
I find it crazy how he's been written off as a failure at the age of 19/20 because he hasn't translated his great play with the B team to top flight football. The teams he has been loaned to have both been very poor choices and I still believe he'd be best given the chance to develop at Barca. Even as I type type this Deulofeu is having a great game against Granada but that shit is probably gonna go under the radar until he gets a cheap sub appearance that he doesn't perform in. I understand he's not Adama and he's not Sandro and he's not early season Munir but if you put any of those players in the same position as him you'll find their performances would drastically dip (As Munir has already discovered).

I wouldn't expect Deulofeu to be able to contribute steadily to the team until at least 22/23 years old and the moment we get a new board and a coach who knows what the fuck it is he's doing with the team we will come closer to seeing that. Loaning players out has never been successful for us so it's really beyond me why or how anyone could expect this to somehow improve him and get him ready for the team. Even with the minimal minutes Rafinha has received this season he has made noticeable improvements to his game and the very same could happen for Deulofeu if given the opportunity to rub shoulders with players who can actually receive a pass without miscontrolling it for a goal kick as his teammates have done several times today alone.

Gerard has improved in his tracking back and long gone are the days where he'd lose the ball and throw a Ronaldo-fit instead of chasing to get it back. His passing has improved and he has shown a frequent willingness to actually pass the ball. Once again, when he scored today it was following a golden opportunity to try and dribble to or three defenders and go in on goal but he passed and it led to the shot that rebounded for him to slap home.

We are in the middle of a transfer ban hot off the heels of doing nothing to actually improve our team outside of signing a striker who has not actually contributed much of anything to the team thus far and writing off our most promising attacker because he's too talented for the B team yet not talented enough to start for us is absolute madness.

NeyMesSis

I find it crazy how he's been written off as a failure at the age of 19/20 because he hasn't translated his great play with the B team to top flight football. The teams he has been loaned to have both been very poor choices and I still believe he'd be best given the chance to develop at Barca. Even as I type type this Deulofeu is having a great game against Granada but that shit is probably gonna go under the radar until he gets a cheap sub appearance that he doesn't perform in. I understand he's not Adama and he's not Sandro and he's not early season Munir but if you put any of those players in the same position as him you'll find their performances would drastically dip (As Munir has already discovered).

I wouldn't expect Deulofeu to be able to contribute steadily to the team until at least 22/23 years old and the moment we get a new board and a coach who knows what the fuck it is he's doing with the team we will come closer to seeing that. Loaning players out has never been successful for us so it's really beyond me why or how anyone could expect this to somehow improve him and get him ready for the team. Even with the minimal minutes Rafinha has received this season he has made noticeable improvements to his game and the very same could happen for Deulofeu if given the opportunity to rub shoulders with players who can actually receive a pass without miscontrolling it for a goal kick as his teammates have done several times today alone.

Gerard has improved in his tracking back and long gone are the days where he'd lose the ball and throw a Ronaldo-fit instead of chasing to get it back. His passing has improved and he has shown a frequent willingness to actually pass the ball. Once again, when he scored today it was following a golden opportunity to try and dribble to or three defenders and go in on goal but he passed and it led to the shot that rebounded for him to slap home.

We are in the middle of a transfer ban hot off the heels of doing nothing to actually improve our team outside of signing a striker who has not actually contributed much of anything to the team thus far and writing off our most promising attacker because he's too talented for the B team yet not talented enough to start for us is absolute madness.
+10000

I think a move to Serie A, Eredivisie or even a mid-tier team in Liga or EPL will suit him. Fresh start, build his resume again and work enough for a big-money move by the time he's 26-27.

I heard Tevez won't resign with Juve after his contract runs out. Deulofeu will be a good addition there, plus the pressure won't fall solely on his shoulders as Pogba and Vidal are currently the bigger names.

Home of Barca Fans