Gerard Deulofeu

Kasperroed

Deulofeu can definitely take over Pedro's spot, beyond that idk its up to him and whether he'll work for it.

Pedro has done quite well recently. We don't need anybody to take his spot. He is a great impact-sub who adds something diffrent to out attack. In addition, he is the only real winger on the team (except maybe Alba too), so he can create width if needed.

I would feel much for comfortable playing Pedro than Deulofeu if either of MSN gets injured. However, there should be a spot in the team for Deulofeu if he does well over the next couple of months.

DinhoR10

Pedro has done quite well recently. We don't need anybody to take his spot. He is a great impact-sub who adds something diffrent to out attack. In addition, he is the only real winger on the team (except maybe Alba too), so he can create width if needed.

I would feel much for comfortable playing Pedro than Deulofeu if either of MSN gets injured. However, there should be a spot in the team for Deulofeu if he does well over the next couple of months.

Pedro is a shadow of his former self, i'd venture to say the Deulofeu has already surpassed him. Right now though, we'd be able to sell Pedro for a nice chunk of change, more than what we'd get for Deu. By the time Deulofeu is back form loan there'll be no reason to justify Pedro and his salaries.

BBZ8800

What do you think people's expectations should be after the gems our academy have produced throughout the years?

That it was the most luckiest/best generation ever and that probably it won't be repeated ever.

Lower your expectations to a realistic level.
Don't buy crappy stories from journalists whose job is to hype everything in order so that people would buy papers, dream about better future and buy papers/read online papers again. Hype is their job. They are earning money on you when you buy that hype.

Every Season, we get 2-3-5 new "the next big thing" players, lol.

Pedro is a shadow of his former self, i'd venture to say the Deulofeu has already surpassed him. Right now though, we'd be able to sell Pedro for a nice chunk of change, more than what we'd get for Deu. By the time Deulofeu is back form loan there'll be no reason to justify Pedro and his salaries.

Sorry, but what has exactly Deulofeu done in the last 2 Seasons on a senior level?

Absolutely nothing.
And before you or anyone reply: but Pedro is the same.

Let's say that Pedro is a good guy who ads something to the team, but he is nothing special currently.
So, you would change one guy who is nothing special, for another guy who could turn into "nothing special", but currently is even "worse" than a nothing special guy.

Deulo has done nothing on a senior level to even get a chance at Barca.
His only credit are good plays on a junior level and media's hype how he is the next big La masia thing.

Apart from that, he offered zero.
Imagine that he is not from La Masia and that he is just a random young guy from Valencia, Valladolid or Osasuna who plays averagely in La Liga.
Do you think that we would want to buy him or give him a chance?
To some random kid who scored 1 La Liga goal in 4-5 Months in Sevilla?

Lol, of course not.
But since he is La Masia's hyped gem, people will give him chances forever.
Or until he disappoints them waaaay too many times.

Rafinha was the best player in Celta and he struggles in Barca.
Why would a player who barely plays in Sevilla make an impact in Barca?

Last edited:

DinhoR10

That it was the most luckiest/best generation ever and that probably it won't be repeated ever.

Don't buy crappy stories from journalists whose job is to hype everything in order so that people would buy papers, dream about better future and buy papers/read online papers again. Hype is their job. They are earning money on you when you buy that hype.

Sorry, but what has exactly Deulofeu done in the last 2 Seasons on a senior level?

Absolutely nothing.

Let's say that Pedro is a good guy who ads something to the team, but he is nothing special currently.
So, you would change one guy who is nothing special, for another guy who could turn into "nothing special", but currently is even "worse" than a nothing special guy.

His only credit are good plays on a junior level and media's hype how he is the next big La masia thing.

Imagine that he is not from La Masia and that he is just a random young guy from Valencia, Valladolid or Osasuna who plays averagely in La Liga.

Lol, of course not.

Rafinha isnt struggling first of all.

Secondly, the team under pep was not "One Generation" it was the best players from several generations of academy grads. Iniesta,Xavi,Puyol were all of different generations, Busi/Pique/Pedro/Messi were of the same generation and the academy has already produced players that are capable of replacing Busi-Pique-Pedro-Xavi in the years since they have entered the senior level. Messi is an anomaly that shouldnt be brought into the discussion.

Now, from my perspective Pedro is no longer needed at the club as a forward (if he can transition to RB thats a different story), he hasnt played well consistently in years and squanders chance after chance given to him by the team, he is essentially invisible in the attacking third for the vast majority of games. However we can still sell him for a decent amount of money which could go towards a RB/CB/CM that would better serve the team. My point is that even if Deulofeu is invisible and does not live up to the hype having him be invisible here is still better than having pedro be invisible here.

L

linetty

How should one feel about a kid that completely flourishes it in the reserves? The best generation ever will not be repeated but there's a big possibility one of the kids will rise big. It's normal to have expectations, it's human nature. La Masia created so many great footballers that I dont see anything wrong in having big hopes in our kids.

I dont read any articles so journalists dont earn money on me. I follow the players with my own eyes.

khaled_a_d

I have a fear that people who love hyped youngsters will now use this excuse for years.
Deulo or Adama or xx player didn't make it because we had "too good" frontline. "It wasn't their fault..."

Ok, but these players aren't good enough for any Barca side from 2004 till today.
So, they aren't playing because we had too good forwards.
They aren't playing simply because they aren't good enough for Barca's attack. The best team in the world, or one out of 2-3 best teams in the world.

But then, only 5-10 players in the world out of 100 000 players are good enough for our attack.
But the biggest mistery is how people believe that each generation has 2-3 new "awesome" forwards who will actually turn into our starting 11 material.

I remember a post a few weeks ago when one user said that we currently have 6 world class young forwards who are a realistic potential for our starting 11.

Also, it is interesting to see, how now when Deulo, Rafinha and some other guys aren't developing as expected, people are already turning onto a new "the next big thing", like Adama, Lee etc.
So, these guys failed, but let's find some new guys and turn the attention, hype and romantic dreams towards them now, lol.

A crazy hype machine and people who are desperate and unrealistic about every new generation of our young players.

Absolutely nothing.

Lol, of course not.

You say we have to lower our expectation for our prospects,that is a bit true,but then you say only 5-10 players are good enough for our attack? I am sorry but we play 3 players in attack,that means we typically need 4-5 players for that front line at least
so you are telling me that we cant have a good front line w/o at least 50% of the best attackers in the world?we have won CL with Giuly starting and Larsson as back up striker ,non of them was top 10 attackers at that time even if both are very good players
we won CL with 32 years old Henry who was totally past his prime ,in 2011 we won with good attacker like Pedro
This team is deemed to fail if it believes in its own hype as you are doing ,we need to accept that this team need good players beside super stars ,players who can perform and give the tactical support to the team superstars ,a player like Giuly lived on the gifts from R10&Deco and that was essential to us ,he wasn't superstar by himself but he made life easier to his teammates and coach .same with Pedro

Also we need to realize that most of our prospects wasn't the superstars from day 1,fans hated to see busquets over Yaya,Iniesta needed few years to remove Deco from starting line up,Xavi(I know you loved him from day 1) but most people considered him just a good player with us.Koeman said that Barca should accept Betis offer for Barca B CB Carles Puyol b/c he would never make it to 1st team .many of those players became super stars and one of the world best at their positions at the age of 23-25 not 19-21 .so being patent is needed
You can't ask every young talent to be special right away,You keep saying what Gerard has done in 2 season,he hasn't even completed half of 2nd season with Sevilla,he is playing a lot with expectations to be starter by the end of the year .he was injured last year too ,and it affected his season badly .there is no specific criteria to be sure about prospects success or failure,every player is unique case on its own and we need to be patent b4 writing a player off the way you do

DinhoR10

Might as well have just kept him here, played him the mins Sandro and Munir got, then sold him next year so we can be done if he's not worth. These loans aren't working.

Antimadridista1

I don't think that the problem is the destination of the loan.
The truth is that Gerard is not good enough to start for Sevilla.
He progressed a little bit though, he had a good performance against Euskadi a few days ago.

However, I don't think that he's good enough to make it in our first team

Gnidrologist

Don't know about Barca, but he isn't ''good enough'' for Sevilla part is bs. Whenever i saw him play he made assists and created chances, which his clumsy teammates failed to utilize. Suarez seems even more lost, because his senior teammates mostly ignore him and pass to flanks or make stupid long balls. The best moments are when barely mobile geezer has-been like Reyes prefers to bomb down the wing like he's 20 and predictably looses the ball to simple tackle, while ignoring Suarez, who is completely free in the center. Sevilla plays hoofball of even lover quality than Stoke and my guess is that nor Suarez or Delofeu fit Emery's ''tactics'', which is to bomb forward like headless chickens all match long and chase whoever has the ball like madmen in defense. The team has great spirit and work rate though, but it's not fit for technical wizs of La Masia. Their goals come mostly from crosses and fluke rebounds.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Don't know about Barca, but he isn't ''good enough'' for Sevilla part is bs. Whenever i saw him play he made assists and created chances, which his clumsy teammates failed to utilize. Suarez seems even more lost, because his senior teammates mostly ignore him and pass to flanks or make stupid long balls. The best moments are when barely mobile geezer has-been like Reyes prefers to bomb down the wing like he's 20 and predictably looses the ball to simple tackle, while ignoring Suarez, who is completely free in the center. Sevilla plays hoofball of even lover quality than Stoke and my guess is that nor Suarez or Delofeu fit Emery's ''tactics'', which is to bomb forward like headless chickens all match long and chase whoever has the ball like madmen in defense. The team has great spirit and work rate though, but it's not fit for technical wizs of La Masia. Their goals come mostly from crosses and fluke rebounds.

Deulofeu's story is hard to make sense of although Emery is just as difficult to understand in terms of his rotations and use of players, often playing squad members out of position.

I concur on your assessment, it's nonsense to make the conclusion he isn't 'good enough' for Sevilla much less Everton...Perhaps the reality that a player whose development comes a distant second to the ambitions of the club that is loaning him is clear enough for the board to finally see...You cannot loan a player of his caliber to clubs that are also fighting to overachieve - particularly when they won't get to keep the player anyway

I continue to feel for the player, he's been grossly mismanaged by this shit board

Adversus

Deulofeu's story is hard to make sense of although Emery is just as difficult to understand in terms of his rotations and use of players, often playing squad members out of position.

I concur on your assessment, it's nonsense to make the conclusion he isn't 'good enough' for Sevilla much less Everton...Perhaps the reality that a player whose development comes a distant second to the ambitions of the club that is loaning him is clear enough for the board to finally see...You cannot loan a player of his caliber to clubs that are also fighting to overachieve - particularly when they won't get to keep the player anyway

I continue to feel for the player, he's been grossly mismanaged by this shit board

I actually agree with that but that's why he needs to be sold with a buy back option. Last season we (Everton) played him loads considering he wasn't ours and instead of other players like Mirallas who could be trusted more to perform at a consistent level. The fault wasn't Everton's but the loan system which I tried to explain and why he probably wouldn't get much time at Sevilla. We had the same problem with Barkley who we loaned out to two championship teams who barely played him and then came back and a week or two later was MOM playing away to Arsenal. Their reason, he's too inconsistent and can't be trusted defensively.

Where's Zangash? He's been very quite on the whole Deulofeu situation recently.

The ironic thing is that with the lack of wingers we have he would have played every game this season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans