Gerard Deulofeu

khaled_a_d

I actually agree with that but that's why he needs to be sold with a buy back option. Last season we (Everton) played him loads considering he wasn't ours and instead of other players like Mirallas who could be trusted more to perform at a consistent level. The fault wasn't Everton's but the loan system which I tried to explain and why he probably wouldn't get much time at Sevilla. We had the same problem with Barkley who we loaned out to two championship teams who barely played him and then came back and a week or two later was MOM playing away to Arsenal. Their reason, he's too inconsistent and can't be trusted defensively.

Where's Zangash? He's been very quite on the whole Deulofeu situation recently.

The ironic thing is that with the lack of wingers we have he would have played every game this season.

I won't mind selling with buy back option ,I said many times it is actually better than loaning .if he is good enough we still get him,if he isn't then he is someone else problem

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I really wanted to see him in the 1st team this season and see how he would do, but after how he has been doing at Sevilla and all, I think a career at Barcelona is gonna be very difficult for him to attain.

It's not about the stats, but his overall play. It seems like it has not improved one bit.

Adversus

Or we can just use him in the first team, Neymar will get injured and Suarez and Messi will need rest.

He's not capable of doing a job. He would cost you too many points on his off days. Pedro might be a less talented player but is by far the better option.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

The point is that with Pedro you know what you're going to get. With Deulofeu he can sometimes be better than Pedro and sometimes be worse and on those days it might cost you points.

So you'd rather someone who has no effect on the outcome of the game than someone who could win us games? Fair enough, I disagree but fair enough.

DinhoR10

Well as I said Pedro doesnt win us points, and he certainly hasn't saved us points with his daring defensive work this season, so in effect he has had no real influence on the outcome of our league play this season.

BerkeleyBernie

...and he certainly hasn't saved us points with his daring defensive work this season

That's debatable. Speculative, of course, but far less so than assuming Deulofeu would score and win games. Pedro has tracked back and broken up numerous counterattacks (one of Barça's two great vulnerabilities [the other being set pieces]). Some of those counters could have led to 1v1 shots and goals.

Up front, he is certainly the most conservative of Barça's attackers. While Deulofeu in theory might score more, he would undoubtedly turn over the ball more. When Pedro loses possession, it's almost always deep, near the opponent's box, and he is the first and last to contribute to getting the ball back.

Say it with me...Deulofeu and Alves on the right...mm hm...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans