Gerard Deulofeu

Richard.H

IMO Munir and Sandro are better than Deulofeu. They were killing it in the first half of the season, looked like first team players out there.

khaled_a_d

That 5th player will not get very much playing time. Just look at Pedro's minutes. I don't think Deulofeu would be ok with that.

We have been overusing MSN lately ,normally they should take little more rests .and b4 Sociedad loss Munir got some playing time .we were a bit lucky with injuries this season too .can't try our luck twice .a 5th player that we can count on should be here whether it is Gerard or not .with ban we can't bring someone new so it will be either him or on of B team
And I think he will try to use the opportunity ,after all that what he wanted for sometime

khaled_a_d

IMO Munir and Sandro are better than Deulofeu. They were killing it in the first half of the season, looked like first team players out there.

Small sample for Sandro while Munir was far from killing it tbh,he played couple of good games b4 turning full retard .Sandro took some steps back with B team while Deulofeu is improving with Sevilla ,all 3 players are within the same age with only 18 months difference in age
IMO Deulofeu is the most ready to contribute right away

Adversus

Watched many of his games(although only a handful since new year) and he was mediocre in most of them IMO.

Very frustrating to watch. Can make a great move and then mess up a few completely and go on and do nothing the entire game. His decision making is awful and he don't seem to be improving in that regard. That's the issue I have with him. I want him to succeed, was one of those who was pissed off when we decided to loan him as I wanted him to stay and play for us this season, but I can understand the decision now.

He has improved a lot defensively and is contributing more and making a much bigger effort now which is great to see.

As for Emery's 'system' based on indvidual brilliance and not being the ideal move for Gerard Deulofeu for his career development then you might be right there, however, you must not forget that Deulofeu can try to choose another club if there's more teams interested in a loan move for him. Deulo was the one who chose Everton, we wanted him to stay in LL. So there's that. The player has to be held accountable to a certain degree as well.

I still believe Munir and Adama can make it. Both players have stalled for different reasons, the former has not seen much playing time and should have been called up from the B team sporadically instead of being sent to warm the bench for the 1st team. It's vital for someone of his age to play a lot.

Adama don't have someone to guide him, being stuck with Sir Eusebio, but even he should have the brain to realize that trying to dribble 4 players everytime aint gonna cut it.

:coffee:
Deulofeu said that he was happy to stay at Everton but was brought back for pre-season. It sounded like he didn't get a say where he went.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He's simply not good enough but he has such a huge ego that he still thinks he can make it here. He is mediocre at Sevilla. Denis Suarez is basically killing it there while he is more invisible than Sergi Roberto.

Denis Suarez doesn't even play regularly for Sevilla anymore. He's hardly killing it right now.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Deulo didn't even get a chance to play with the Barca first team though. Who knows how he might have done?

Deulofeu destroyed the Segunda at 18. What have Munir and Sandro done in the Segunda? Nothing. NOTHING.

Same goes for Adama.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Deulo didn't even get a chance to play with the Barca first team though. Who knows how he might have done?

Deulofeu destroyed the Segunda at 18. What have Munir and Sandro done in the Segunda? Nothing. NOTHING.

Same goes for Adama.

Doing great in Segunda is not a guarantee of success and neither is not doing that well in Segunda a testament of failure at a higher level in the future.

Zangash

Banned
Doing great in Segunda is not a guarantee of success and neither is not doing that well in Segunda a testament of failure at a higher level in the future.

It's almost as if you're saying performances with the B team don't matter.

In which case, I wonder why we haven't given Patric a decent run of games. Since Montoya and Douglas are proven to not be good enough and Patric has yet to show the Camp Nou crowd he's shit, he's obviously our best option for next season if/when we don't renew Alves.

Richard.H

I'm sorry but this forum overrates Deu a lot. He had a HUGE opportunity to show his worth against RM but he was so invisible that even my commentators were saying that it's like Sevilla was playing with 10 men.

This forum has a crazy obsession with certain Canteranos. Denis Suarez, Samper, and Sandro are maybe the only ones who have a chance with Barca.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm sorry but this forum overrates Deu a lot. He had a HUGE opportunity to show his worth against RM but he was so invisible that even my commentators were saying that it's like Sevilla was playing with 10 men.

This forum has a crazy obsession with certain Canteranos. Denis Suarez, Samper, and Sandro are maybe the only ones who have a chance with Barca.
It's a vicious cycle.

And asking a 20 year old Deulofeu to show his worth against Real Madrid is harsh when his entire fucking team was absolutely SHIT that game.

cmon.gif

One more thing. I'd say you're overrating Sandro and Munir a lot as well. Playing with teammates of Messi's, Neymar's, Iniesta's, etc. caliber makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

CuleLife4Life

I think its best he finds a team we can sell him too. Maybe if he improves aspects of his game in 5 yrs we can buy him back. I just don't see him doing well here if we were to bring him back this summer.

*Btw he was hot garbage against RM. All of Sevilla weren't playing well but he was extra bad.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think its best he finds a team we can sell him too. Maybe if he improves aspects of his game in 5 yrs we can buy him back. I just don't see him doing well here if we were to bring him back this summer.

This I can agree with. If we're only going to continue loaning him out, then we might as well sell him with a buyout. And when/if he does well, cue the "we should never have sold him" and "f you *insert sporting director here*" comments.

Home of Barca Fans