Gerard Deulofeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He was destroying the Segunda with Barca's reserves, the B team. What are you on about? He's still Sevilla's leading assist man.

Leading assist man despite of being mediocre in most of the games he has played for them.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Leading assist man despite of being mediocre in most of the games he has played for them.

That's not saying much, because, IMO, Unai Emery's entire team bar Suarez occasionally, despite the results, has been decidedly lackluster.

spark

This clearly isnt true and you seem to have an axe to grind with him.

If you had played football with a brain then you wouldn't have been on a loan.

:tea: In August it was his work rate. Face it, people's criticisms of him are about as consistent as Deulo himself. Spend the beginning of the season criticizing his defending and effort ( pages 283 onward), when that improves onto something else. If by May he makes every decision right on the field next will be his facial expressions and so on. You just have to look at the fervor with which the usual suspects pointed out Emery telling him to work harder from the dugout back in August.This was when Adama and Munir were the chosen ones. Now that it isn't an issue(Emery wouldn't give him a sniff of the big games away from home if it still was) few people even acknowledge the improvement in that regard. Having him learn play defense is basically all we can ask from this loan because Emery's system is based on individual moments of brilliance and set pieces. I dont know if its because he started well but there is a myth that Denis' loan has been great. Since January hes had twice fewer starts than Deulo and Emery is playing Iborra, a defensive midfielder in Denis' position. .

DonAK

This clearly isnt true and you seem to have an axe to grind with him.

:tea: In August it was his work rate. Face it, people's criticisms of him are about as consistent as Deulo himself. Spend the beginning of the season criticizing his defending and effort ( pages 283 onward), when that improves onto something else. If by May he makes every decision right on the field next will be his facial expressions and so on. You just have to look at the fervor with which the usual suspects pointed out Emery telling him to work harder from the dugout back in August.This was when Adama and Munir were the chosen ones. Now that it isn't an issue(Emery wouldn't give him a sniff of the big games away from home if it still was) few people even acknowledge the improvement in that regard. Having him learn play defense is basically all we can ask from this loan because Emery's system is based on individual moments of brilliance and set pieces. I dont know if its because he started well but there is a myth that Denis' loan has been great. Since January hes had twice fewer starts than Deulo and Emery is playing Iborra, a defensive midfielder in Denis' position. .

Watched many of his games(although only a handful since new year) and he was mediocre in most of them IMO.

Very frustrating to watch. Can make a great move and then mess up a few completely and go on and do nothing the entire game. His decision making is awful and he don't seem to be improving in that regard. That's the issue I have with him. I want him to succeed, was one of those who was pissed off when we decided to loan him as I wanted him to stay and play for us this season, but I can understand the decision now.

Officially off to Sevilla for a season. I dont understand this decision. I dont understand this at all. It such a shame. I was looking forward to see how he would do, but he's now shipped off to Sevilla for a season where I hope he does really well.

He has improved a lot defensively and is contributing more and making a much bigger effort now which is great to see.

As for Emery's 'system' based on indvidual brilliance and not being the ideal move for Gerard Deulofeu for his career development then you might be right there, however, you must not forget that Deulofeu can try to choose another club if there's more teams interested in a loan move for him. Deulo was the one who chose Everton, we wanted him to stay in LL. So there's that. The player has to be held accountable to a certain degree as well.

I still believe Munir and Adama can make it. Both players have stalled for different reasons, the former has not seen much playing time and should have been called up from the B team sporadically instead of being sent to warm the bench for the 1st team. It's vital for someone of his age to play a lot.

Adama don't have someone to guide him, being stuck with Sir Eusebio, but even he should have the brain to realize that trying to dribble 4 players everytime aint gonna cut it.

:coffee:

Last edited:

Richard.H

He's simply not good enough but he has such a huge ego that he still thinks he can make it here. He is mediocre at Sevilla. Denis Suarez is basically killing it there while he is more invisible than Sergi Roberto.

khaled_a_d

Watched many of his games(although only a handful since new year) and he was mediocre in most of them IMO.

Very frustrating to watch. Can make a great move and then mess up a few completely and go on and do nothing the entire game. His decision making is awful and he don't seem to be improving in that regard. That's the issue I have with him. I want him to succeed, was one of those who was pissed off when we decided to loan him as I wanted him to stay and play for us this season, but I can understand the decision now.

He has improved a lot defensively and is contributing more and making a much bigger effort now which is great to see.

As for Emery's 'system' based on indvidual brilliance and not being the ideal move for Gerard Deulofeu for his career development then you might be right there, however, you must not forget that Deulofeu can try to choose another club if there's more teams interested in a loan move for him. Deulo was the one who chose Everton, we wanted him to stay in LL. So there's that. The player has to be held accountable to a certain degree as well.

I still believe Munir and Adama can make it. Both players have stalled for different reasons, the former has not seen much playing time and should have been called up from the B team sporadically instead of being sent to warm the bench for the 1st team. It's vital for someone of his age to play a lot.

Adama don't have someone to guide him, being stuck with Sir Eusebio, but even he should have the brain to realize that trying to dribble 4 players everytime aint gonna cut it.

:coffee:

No,it was the club who decided that he should go to Everton .it was between them and Sevilla and after the decision Sevilla said that they couldn't compete with the financial offer Everton offered .it was the club decision and to make it worse it was due to money
Say what you want about Gerard ,but he trusted the club and followed their lead .he could have left couple of times b4 for more money but stayed ,kid is loyal and willing to succeed here
The only time he rejected something the club wanted him to do is when Tito wanted him to stay with Barca B and he had every right to ,he was tearing Segunda apart and he had nothing more to learn there

DonAK

No,it was the club who decided that he should go to Everton .it was between them and Sevilla and after the decision Sevilla said that they couldn't compete with the financial offer Everton offered .it was the club decision and to make it worse it was due to money
Say what you want about Gerard ,but he trusted the club and followed their lead .he could have left couple of times b4 for more money but stayed ,kid is loyal and willing to succeed here
The only time he rejected something the club wanted him to do is when Tito wanted him to stay with Barca B and he had every right to ,he was tearing Segunda apart and he had nothing more to learn there

He had offers from Sociedad, Valencia and Sevilla. He chose Everton after talking with Roberto Martinez, a fellow Catalan.

The club cannot force him to go anywhere, he however can force through where he want to go on a loan.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He had offers from Sociedad, Valencia and Sevilla. He chose Everton after talking with Roberto Martinez, a fellow Catalan.

The club cannot force him to go anywhere, he however can force through where he want to go on a loan.

IIRC ,it was the club decision ,he had no reason to say no with Martinez interested and he had to say the diplomatic words about preferring them but it was Zubi's decision
Valencia offer was year b4 ,in 2012

I don't see him doing a better job than Pedro. Right now I don't think he'll be much than a Jesus Navas type of player.

We need 5th player for our frontline ,to expect us to play with only 4 players for frontline of 3 is crazy
He isn't competing with Pedro ,he will be competing with Munir/Sandro/Adama ,I would take him over this guys for sure.Adama has the lowest IQ of a footballers I've ever seen.Munir and Sandro is good but don't think they are as ready as him

F

Flavia

We need 5th player for our frontline ,to expect us to play with only 4 players for frontline of 3 is crazy
He isn't competing with Pedro ,he will be competing with Munir/Sandro/Adama ,I would take him over this guys for sure.Adama has the lowest IQ of a footballers I've ever seen.Munir and Sandro is good but don't think they are as ready as him
That 5th player will not get very much playing time. Just look at Pedro's minutes. I don't think Deulofeu would be ok with that.

Alik

Our front 3 a set for the next few seasons. I hope Pedro stays with us long as well. If if we really need anymore players they don't need to be amazing.

We just need one out of Sandro/Munir/Deulo/other-player-we-buy to work out.

Now if we sold Pedro, that would be a different matter.

DinhoR10

Our front 3 a set for the next few seasons. I hope Pedro stays with us long as well. If if we really need anymore players they don't need to be amazing.

We just need one out of Sandro/Munir/Deulo/other player we buy to work out.

Now if we sold Pedro, that would be a different matter.

We thought the same thing with Villa Messi Pedro and two of those crashed and burned.

Home of Barca Fans