Gerard Deulofeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The problem with Deulofeu and why I think he got a less chance than some of the others who are in the same boat right now(Adama) is because Deulofeu has been with the B team, he has been with Everton and he is with Sevilla and he is still not getting the point, he was booted out by Luis Enrique who seemed keen to have him back and he has still not got the point. What can you do with a player like that?

With Adama and others things may, and just may still change with big changes most likely happening to Barca in summer after the elections. Maybe a competent staff, coach and people around those players will help them improve a lot.....or maybe not.

Zangash

Banned
It would be rather ridiculous to sell him before he even gets a chance to play a single game as a first team player. The likes of Tello, Cuenca, JDS, Roberto etc. all received chances despite not being on the same level and they were all years older than Deulofeu is now.

At 20 years old I find it absurd to expect so much from him and think he could still grow into a player who can help us in the coming seasons. Even if he joins us and sits on the bench the way Rafinha was and Roberto is currently, I see that as the best way for him to develop. Rafinha started the season off in a bad way but look at him now, and Roberto couldn't even put two successful passes together and now he's actually playing pretty damn decently.

DinhoR10

It would be rather ridiculous to sell him before he even gets a chance to play a single game as a first team player. The likes of Tello, Cuenca, JDS, Roberto etc. all received chances despite not being on the same level and they were all years older than Deulofeu is now.

At 20 years old I find it absurd to expect so much from him and think he could still grow into a player who can help us in the coming seasons. Even if he joins us and sits on the bench the way Rafinha was and Roberto is currently, I see that as the best way for him to develop. Rafinha started the season off in a bad way but look at him now, and Roberto couldn't even put two successful passes together and now he's actually playing pretty damn decently.

This situation probably would never have happened if he went with Rafinha to celta and worked under Lucho in the first place, he would have been ready to break into the first team like Rafinha is now and if he wasn't we'd know for sure and we could just sell him off.

Zangash

Banned
This situation probably would never have happened if he went with Rafinha to celta and worked under Lucho in the first place, he would have been ready to break into the first team like Rafinha is now and if he wasn't we'd know for sure and we could just sell him off.

Where he'd have gone wouldn't have mattered much. Deulofeu (Or any other front line player not named Pedro) has absolutely no chance under Lucho when he's relying so heavily on MSN to carry us through the season.

Luckily, elections are coming this summer, and when this board leaves, so does their coach. Hopefully elections come around before Lucho loans out Samper to Sevilla in exchange for Suarez, promotes Adama (???), and sells/loans Deulofeu again.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Luckily, elections are coming this summer, and when this board leaves, so does their coach. Hopefully elections come around before Lucho loans out Samper to Sevilla in exchange for Suarez, promotes Adama (???), and sells/loans Deulofeu again.

That's not necessarily the case. If Lucho does well, the new board will keep him.

BBZ8800

Again, you make it sound like Deulo's only problem is picking wrong teams or because he hasn't played regularly.

With that logic, even GDS, JDS, Cuenca, Tello or any player would have been a Barca's caliber today, only if they played in Celta, for example.
And it is not that simple.

He still has a low footballing IQ, poor decisions, questionable work ethic, questionable attitude etc.

Zangash

Banned
That's not necessarily the case. If Lucho does well, the new board will keep him.

I don't think so. A new board would likely want their own coach in charge. Even if Lucho won the treble it's hard for me to see him staying. As Barca fans we should know by now the board's politics outweigh any manager.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I don't think so. A new board would likely want their own coach in charge. Even if Lucho won the treble it's hard for me to see him staying. As Barca fans we should know by now the board's politics outweigh any manager.

If Lucho wins the treble there is no way in hell he's getting fired. Did Rosell fire Pep?

Zangash

Banned
Again, you make it sound like Deulo's only problem is picking wrong teams or because he hasn't played regularly.

With that logic, even GDS, JDS, Cuenca, Tello or any player would have been a Barca's caliber today, only if they played in Celta, for example.
And it is not that simple.

He still has a low footballing IQ, poor decisions, questionable work ethic, questionable attitude etc.

I don't disagree with you, but I still maintain the notion that he deserves at least one season with the first team before we wash our hands of him. Munir is obviously more intelligent and is better in all of the areas Deulofeu suffers in, as I'm sure you forgot to mention (Kidding :lol:), but I think getting the chance to play for us, even if it isn't often, would be helpful for him, good enough or not.

Zangash

Banned
If Lucho wins the treble there is no way in hell he's getting fired. Did Rosell fire Pep?

He definitely wanted to, I'm sure. Didn't like to bend over. Despite Pep's success he still had constant issues with the board. And winning the CL isn't a seal of approval for how quality of a manager you are, either (I say the CL, as the Copa may very well already be won and to win La Liga all we have to do is not play like shit at this point). Otherwise Di Matteo would still be kicking it at Chelsea. A new board would probably want to get rid of everything they could from the past board's reign.

F

Flavia

He definitely wanted to, I'm sure. Didn't like to bend over. Despite Pep's success he still had constant issues with the board. And winning the CL isn't a seal of approval for how quality of a manager you are, either (I say the CL, as the Copa may very well already be won and to win La Liga all we have to do is not play like shit at this point). Otherwise Di Matteo would still be kicking it at Chelsea. A new board would probably want to get rid of everything they could from the past board's reign.

I doubt LE will be replaced, if he wins a major trophy. The candidates will have to talk about this before elections, and wouldn't get much votes if one of the proposals is changing a coach that is working. But we'll have to wait until the end ofthe season.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Di Matteo was abysmal at the beginning of his season as Head Coach (after the CL). He got Chelsea knocked out of the CL as defending champions, LEL.

Zangash

Banned
I doubt LE will be replaced, if he wins a major trophy. The candidates will have to talk about this before elections, and wouldn't get much votes if one of the proposals is changing a coach that is working. But we'll have to wait until the end ofthe season.

Depends on which major trophies he wins, I suppose. It's very easy to cause a meltdown at this club and even if we've already won two trophies if we lose in a bad way and everyone is up in arms towards the board and the manager it'd be pretty easy for a politician to slide in and say "Hey, I'll bring a new manager, guys."

The only reason why I could see him not being replaced is because of the transfer ban. Becoming the boss of a team that can't make any signings isn't very alluring. In that sense, the elections being moved up actually favor Lucho. All we can do is wait and see, I suppose.

Home of Barca Fans