Gerard Deulofeu

Antimilan

Where do you guys get the memos about his awful work ethic anyway? I've watched a fair share of Sevilla this season and he never looked like slacking and was their most creative player at times. Denis in comparison has looked much worse, because Sevilla's style is as far from La Masia's as it could be. They bypass midfield entirely. Even Stoke City play intelligent possession based football at times, while Sevilla hoofs the ball forward in hopes for 'Mbia, Bakka or Iborra get on the end of it and either score/pass to nearest teammate or create havoc in the box just by sheer physical presence. Half of their goals have been rebouns or after corner/free kicks (fair share of which were Delu's). If you watch their matches you'd notice that Suarez rarely receives passes. Delo gets more of it, because they use wings a lot, but all in all it's obvious that Emmery don't need players of Barca style, he needs hunks, who wouldn't look out of place on a rugby pitch. He wouldn't use Neymar over Bakka or Reyes even if by some miracle he'd ended there. It has nothing to do with ''not being good for Sevilla lel''.

Also Emery seems like a bit of a deucehbag himself. Wouldn't wonder if he simply chooses veteran players, because he is used to them and doesn't give a shit about some young schmucks from rival club. Barca should put in clauses that guarantee certain amount of play time otherwise it's pointless to send them out. They can all get their training at home and in better quality.

Very wrong. You've probably watched only like 1-2 matches when Deulo was featured (it happened rarely though and almost never in 2015 so far). With Banega, Sevilla has one of the most creative midfield in La Liga. Iborra often advances, but Krychowiak and M'bia not quite often, only at the case of set pieces.

Emery is a bit extremist and has his own way on dealing with managing stuff, and we had some harsh reacting scenes lately by Iago Aspas for not getting minutes and scenes of frustration from Deulofeu. Deulo is quite talented and I personally like his style and all. However, his selfishness destroys him as a player in every sense. Moreover, with Emery he became a bit better defensively, but still the selfishness is killing him and his chances of having a decent career in the future.

The defense in La Liga is more clever and way wiser than the defense in EPL, where defenders are headless and without proper focus most of the time. Deulo was suited for EPL and adapted well at Everton.

Also, it is a FACT that he is not good enough for Sevilla. Emery does not have any interest in him for the future, and Deulo showed to be quite arrogant at many times when directed to the press regarding his playing minutes. Besides, it would be nuts for any manager to field the selfish and superstar-acting Deulo instead of hard working not-very-talented-but-heavily-focused and giving his 100%, never-tiring Aleix Vidal. Then, even Reyes deserves more minutes in that part of the field, the right flank, since he is Sevilla's icon and captain when at the pitch. Think about it a bit.

The complete opposite is for Denis. Denis is a humble and hard-working guy, the creative midfielder and just the right dynamism a match needs sometimes. He may never become a first-teamer, especially with the very in-form and the pure class of Banega, but it is clear that Emery considers him for the future also. Furthermore, he will be on loan for one more season (2015-16) and we have the buying option at the end. I can't say if that will be certainly exercised, but it could easily be.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

Very wrong. You've probably watched only like 1-2 matches when Deulo was featured (it happened rarely though and almost never in 2015 so far).
I watched at least 10-15 matches where he was featured in more than for few minutes and i don't see what i'm wrong about here. Didn't say he was TEH BESTEST, far from it, but he certainly didn't look less creative than other of their players. Don't make me laugh mentioning Banega. For one good creative move, he does 20 fails, while he's started in most matches. Very shitty GDP for ''creative'' player.
Never watched him at Everton so don't know how he compares there.
Also, it is a FACT that he is not good enough for Sevilla.
Iniesta isn't good enough for Sevilla either so this point is moot. I was talking about his abilities outside of any particular tactical scheme.
The complete opposite is for Denis. Denis is a humble and hard-working guy, the creative midfielder and just the right dynamism a match needs sometimes.
No doubts about his superior work ethic, but he has been completely useless for Sevilla in almost any match i've seen. Too weak physically, not good in defense and, if i may say so, too intelligent for the primitive tactics of Emery. No one want intricate passing and mazy runs from mids there. This is probably why he rarely even gets passed the ball, even less than Delufeu. I've watched closely many times (wouldn't follow Sevilla that much otherwise anyway) and he gets bypassed even when in much better position than the player the ball gets passed to. Makes me wonder why anyone says he's been the better of the duo.

Anyhow, i would like to see how they fare at Barca and only then make the final judgement.

Antimilan

I watched at least 10-15 matches where he was featured in more than for few minutes and i don't see what i'm wrong about here. Didn't say he was TEH BESTEST, far from it, but he certainly didn't look less creative than other of their players. Don't make me laugh mentioning Banega. For one good creative move, he does 20 fails, while he's started in most matches. Very shitty GDP for ''creative'' player.
Never watched him at Everton so don't know how he compares there.

Iniesta isn't good enough for Sevilla either so this point is moot. I was talking about his abilities outside of any particular tactical scheme.

No doubts about his superior work ethic, but he has been completely useless for Sevilla in almost any match i've seen. Too weak physically, not good in defense and, if i may say so, too intelligent for the primitive tactics of Emery. No one want intricate passing and mazy runs from mids there. This is probably why he rarely even gets passed the ball, even less than Delufeu. I've watched closely many times (wouldn't follow Sevilla that much otherwise anyway) and he gets bypassed even when in much better position than the player the ball gets passed to. Makes me wonder why anyone says he's been the better of the duo.

Anyhow, i would like to see how they fare at Barca and only then make the final judgement.

Nevertheless, the selfishness will never allow Deulo to develop further into a first team-er anywhere, let alone in Sevilla. It is not Elche, it is Sevilla. It's always hard to get minutes there and it's quite a hefty competition within the team.

Also, the next time you see any of Sevilla's matches, make sure to closely watch Aleix Vidal's performance during a match, and you will understand what I'm talking about when blaming and criticizing Deulofeu. Iniesta at least PASSES!

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Nevertheless, the selfishness will never allow Deulo to develop further into a first team-er anywhere, let alone in Sevilla. It is not Elche, it is Sevilla. It's always hard to get minutes there and it's quite a hefty competition within the team.

Also, the next time you see any of Sevilla's matches, make sure to closely watch Aleix Vidal's performance during a match, and you will understand what I'm talking about when blaming and criticizing Deulofeu. Iniesta at least PASSES!

When did Iniesta come in to this?

Zangash

Banned

Arjen Robben and CR7 and Gareth Bale are all among the most selfish players in the game right now.

And Deulofeu is willing to pass. He was much more reluctant to go it alone when playing with the senior Spain squad and when he plays with the U21 he loves working with his teammates.

I've watched Sevilla play plenty of games and their passing in general is shambolic. If we had youth players putting in passes like a lot of the ones I see from your squad we'd bench and sell them before they get a number lower than 30.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Nonsensical take

Iniesta is a midfielder...Deulofeu can't play goalkeeper either

As soon as Geri talked to the press, he was put in the Emery doghouse - fortunate for him, Gameiro & Vitolo have been terrific

This is regrettably the reason why loans are a poor option when Barcelona are concerned - little incentive for the loaning club to play & develop talents that they will not profit from....And also the reason why loans have usually been the last step before being sold rather than for player development

Gnidrologist

:lol:

I don't know. Gnidrologist mentioned him as not being good enough for Sevilla :p
He isn't. He isn't even that good under Lucho's tactics as evidenced by his normal old self performance, when playing for Spain. Not every great player is diverse enough to shine under any tactics. That's no a criticism, just observation.

Icarium

Lifestealer
A permanent move to EPL under a good coach will do him some good. These loan moves are not helping him, either give him chance next season or send him away permanently.

Zangash

Banned
Yeah, but at least the first two mentioned have a general understanding when enough is enough, and pass it to a teammate.

Deulofeu isn't any less likely to make a pass than those two. Robben is so selfish Ribery actually complained to the coach mid-game once that he wouldn't pass. :lol:

Antimilan

Arjen Robben and CR7 and Gareth Bale are all among the most selfish players in the game right now.

And Deulofeu is willing to pass. He was much more reluctant to go it alone when playing with the senior Spain squad and when he plays with the U21 he loves working with his teammates.

I've watched Sevilla play plenty of games and their passing in general is shambolic. If we had youth players putting in passes like a lot of the ones I see from your squad we'd bench and sell them before they get a number lower than 30.

Yeah.... I meant like an assist maybe... he should do that more often. He does everything right but then screws it when he has to simply pass the ball (assisting to the nearest teammate to score, not pass in the midfield!).

Deulofeu reminds me of Jeffren Suarez a bit with the pace. Sevilla had a very talented and assist-providing player, Jairo, but he was sold to Mainz as didn't fit Emery's plans. Deulo was a bad move in general, not needed for Sevilla at all.

L

linetty

Yeah, but at least the first two mentioned have a general understanding when enough is enough, and pass it to a teammate.
Deulofeu is not as selfish as you're making him out to be. Not anymore at least.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I saw him only once this season against Valencia, highlight of the game - Deulo gets the ball, fast counter attack and instead of passing to open teammate he just shoots from impossible angle, Emery is furious shouting and he played only 3 times in Liga after that match.

Knun3z

Deulofeu is not as selfish as you're making him out to be. Not anymore at least.

He's getting better, but there are still flashes of him holding the ball for too long. There were a couple of them just in the last Spanish U-21 friendly against Belarus. Personally, I think this is just who he is and don't think he'll change. After all, his first week back at Barca after his loan at Everton expired, he was mocking CR7's celebrations. He reminds me of Ronaldo tbh, perhaps a bit too much for my liking.

Home of Barca Fans