Gerard Deulofeu

Alik

I didn't watch the match. But Deulofeu has already proven that he's too good to play at B level, or u21 level. This is even a lower level considering it's Belarus u21.

Just tempering expectations that will rise based on these performances.

F

Flavia

I didn't watch the match. But Deulofeu has already proven that he's too good to play at B level, or u21 level. This is even a lower level considering it's Belarus u21.

Just tempering expectations that will rise based on these performances.

He's not showing to be half this good in the level that matters, though. And I think his performances in those games inflate his ego even more.

JamDav1982

He's not showing to be half this good in the level that matters, though. And I think his performances in those games inflate his ego even more.

He didn't look cocky tonight though he looked different than usual and more focused on playing well for the team.

Most of the time Duelofeu in these games would have tried to make it his show, but he didn't do that today...which leads to a bit of hope he may be getting the message.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Deulofeu always been able to beast in the youth levels. It is when he goes to the big leagues that he can't quite shine the same way. It is always so with these youth phenoms, the transition claims a good many of them.

I haven't seen much from Deulofeu in the league level to get very excited over. He might yet get a chance at the first team, but I'm not impressed by these youth performances. Not from him.

JamDav1982

Deulofeu always been able to beast in the youth levels. It is when he goes to the big leagues that he can't quite shine the same way. It is always so with these youth phenoms, the transition claims a good many of them.

I haven't seen much from Deulofeu in the league level to get very excited over. He might yet get a chance at the first team, but I'm not impressed by these youth performances. Not from him.

I agree with that but the difference in this game tonight is that he played with a lot of maturity, he beasted it as a team player more than as an individual.

Maybe it was a one off but its the first time I have seen that maturity in his game maybe ever.

Vars

Banned
If he is not good enough for Sevilla, he is certainly not good enough for Barça.

Don't kid yourself with his performance with the u21 team.

JamDav1982

If he is not good enough for Sevilla, he is certainly not good enough for Barça.

Don't kid yourself with his performance with the u21 team.

What level do you think he will end up playing his peak years?

I am not saying he will make it at Barca but he does have a chance and certainly can be a Sevilla calibre player.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I agree with that but the difference in this game tonight is that he played with a lot of maturity, he beasted it as a team player more than as an individual.

Maybe it was a one off but its the first time I have seen that maturity in his game maybe ever.

Yeah he had a very good overall performance today, I just don't want to see it in the youth levels anymore. He already proved he can beast the youth levels, even without this performance. I want to see it from him in the big level. Deulofeu is in the "put up, or shut up" time of his career, at least for me. Has to prove he belongs and is not just another failed phenom.

Pedro's uncertain future means Deulo will perhaps get a shot with the first team, I want to see him perform there, no more excuses. He's already somewhat underwhelmed both at Everton and Sevilla, he's not going to get many more chances.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

I am not saying he will make it at Barca but he does have a chance and certainly can be a Sevilla calibre player.

Yes he's a Sevilla caliber player. He's fallen out of favor with Emery for the same reason he kinda did with Roberto Martinez, he just doesn't work as hard as others.

Talent will only take him so far, he's got to also want it more than the player next to him. Like I said, Deulofeu is in the "put up or shut up" phase.

Not going to moon over a u21 performance, however impressive it was. I want him to prove it on the real level.

JamDav1982

Yes he's a Sevilla caliber player. He's fallen out of favor with Emery for the same reason he kinda did with Roberto Martinez, he just doesn't work as hard as others.

Talent will only take him so far, he's got to also want it more than the player next to him. Like I said, Deulofeu is in the "put up or shut up" phase.

Not going to moon over a u21 performance, however impressive it was. I want him to prove it on the real level.

Absolutely. Time is running out for him.

Always I would have said he wont make it as doesn't have it between the ears but saw glimpses tonight of a different more mature player.

The fact this was youth level against a poor Belarus side is almost irrelevant as in the past these are the types of games his arrogance and selfish, lazy tracking back would have been evident but he showed none of that.

Vars

Banned

He has all the talent to be a great player, but his problem is mental. He is too selfish and lazy. That's why Emery benched him. He lacks the mentality and work rate to be a top player.

He is still young, and if he get his head straight, he could start in any team including Barça. But to be honest i don't think he will improve much in the mental aspect.

Home of Barca Fans