Gerard Deulofeu

spark

Exactly, so how would deulofeu who has less talent than both those players and with quaresma like attitude make it here? I could see from the start his attitude stank and knew he wouldn't make it. He is an absolute no hope for Barca and when talking about our future forward line up he shouldn't be in the discussion because he won't be here at that point.

Ignoring your attempts at being an oracle, not everyone is a Pedro personality type. Valdes is a counter example who even disappeared and didn't train after Van Gaal made him go back to the B team. In the same way being successful away on loan isn't always a precursor to success back at your parent club, the opposite can also be true. If Paco was a Barca player who went on loan and didn't get in the Getafe team(Alvaro Vazquez was who they actually owned), people like you would have written him off as well at the time. Denis Cherychev also went to Sevilla last year only played 4 games total. Anyone that says they predicted his impact at Villarreal a year later is flat out lying. The playing style and objectives of the club determine just as much if a player will be successful on loan or not.

M

monamou

So... he'll be back from loan shortly... I'm very curious if he actually has improved.

F

Flavia

I'm curious to see if Enrique will evaluate him during pre-season, or ship him away again.

Antimilan

I'm curious to see if Enrique will evaluate him during pre-season, or ship him away again.

The latter option (shipping away) would harm him immensely. Deulo has character and football psychology issues rather than talent and skills. Someone must work with him in the psychological aspect so that he can cut the selfishness bullshit and be a team player in a team sport like football.

Emery didn't care about him, while in Everton they cared more about him it seems.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Just play him alongside Messi. We'll see how hot he is when he tries to go at it alone with the little dictator asking for the ball. :messi:

Kohe321

Emery on Deulofeu:

[tw]603510173236404225[/tw]

I can't vouch for the authenticity of this quote from Emery, but one of Norways biggest La Liga experts Petter Veland re-tweeted it, and he's not exactly known for spreading false information or quotes. Anyone know what interview this is from?

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Deulofeu's future is likely tied to the election results...If a new board comes in and course corrects the club in terms of it's cantera, then Deulofeu will be with the 1st team...If the same old clowns are in charge then its hard to imagine although we've seen Lucho change his ways during the season...Perhaps he will actually give Deulofeu a legitimate shot to prove himself

Emery is far from a reliable source in terms of player development but the situation was a poor one all around as the player was justifiably angry about being shipped out again which couldn't have been easy for Sevilla FC either

Gnidrologist

Delu needs a father. He's too spoiled. Lucho can be that father for him. The best there can be among football coaches. If he fails even under his guidance then he's gone.

M

monamou

I'm eager to see if Lucho will take up the challenge of raising Deulo or if he'll send him away on another loan. I hope for the former.

I want him to become a worthy sub of Neymar/Messi. They shall teach him.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
There's really no reason why he shouldn't be allowed at least one season here. When Roberto was first promoted he could barely even complete a forward pass, and JDS was never in a million years going to be anywhere near good enough to play for us but he stayed for nearly seven decades!

Give him a chance to fit into the team that he's dreamed of fitting into since he was a child and what we see then will be a much stronger indicator of if he has the attitude to fit into a team. Forcing him onto a place and telling him you'll see him in 9-10 months to see if he's better was never a solid strategy in the first place, especially when he hardly got any minutes at all in the preseason to show he's improved.

vukkapor

There's really no reason why he shouldn't be allowed at least one season here. When Roberto was first promoted he could barely even complete a forward pass, and JDS was never in a million years going to be anywhere near good enough to play for us but he stayed for nearly seven decades!

Give him a chance to fit into the team that he's dreamed of fitting into since he was a child and what we see then will be a much stronger indicator of if he has the attitude to fit into a team. Forcing him onto a place and telling him you'll see him in 9-10 months to see if he's better was never a solid strategy in the first place, especially when he hardly got any minutes at all in the preseason to show he's improved.
I think you meant seven seasons :D

You can look at it from that angle, but I think loans are good because you are telling him he needs to get experience but he can't get it here and that's why you are sending him on a loan, so he can prove that he has what it takes to make it at Barca..

USWAY

He needs to get a shot next year. If there was any year he would've learned by sitting on the bench it was this year behind MSN.

Zangash

Banned
I think you meant seven seasons :D

You can look at it from that angle, but I think loans are good because you are telling him he needs to get experience but he can't get it here and that's why you are sending him on a loan, so he can prove that he has what it takes to make it at Barca..

Seven seasons? But that's not even a single decade...

Home of Barca Fans