Gerard Deulofeu

khaled_a_d

I think they sold him because he insisted on being sold. He was tweeting about Everton the whole of last season, favoriting all the tweets that said he should come back and publicly insisted that he wouldn't go out on loan again. I think he gave up on Barca before Barca gave up on him - so at the end of last season Barca had little or no choice but to sell him.

I know that goes against the "player would want to stay at Barca above all else" theory but in Deulofeu's case it seems the most likely. Ultimately he just wanted to play at a club were he was enjoying his football, rated by the manager and loved by the fans. If he's good enough for Barca one day then there's plenty of time.

This is over analysis at its best man ,Gerard has been always a guy who use his twitter as a sort of PR move for him .look few pages back how people with overreacting about him talking well about Sevilla in European Super cup against us while he was basically cheering for both teams .he is sort of guy who talk well and respond to the fans of the teams he has played for .
Gerard didn't want loan because very few players want to spend their careers on loans moving from one place to another ,they want to have a bit of assurance about their future and he was loaned twice already .he had every right to .Barcelona gave up on Deulofeu when they loaned him to Sevilla suddenly .the player himself said the deal was agreed b4 he was asked and he found himself in no position but to accept it .
I hope he does well in Everton .he can take his time there and enjoy football b4 moving to bigger things if he reached his potential

Jombi

He cant "take his time". Patience is low in top football, whether you are loaned or not. It really doesnt make a difference.

He'll be shipped off if he flops this season.

khaled_a_d

He cant "take his time". Patience is low in top football, whether you are loaned or not. It really doesnt make a difference.

He'll be shipped off if he flops this season.

He has a coach who trust him and he knows the team and was already good player there,highly doubt Everton will ship him off

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
First time in awhile the club has even mentioned Adama and Deulofeu but pleased to read Fernandez reassert that the club remains in control of their future and that they can return

Adversus

He went from where he couldn't wait to get out of Everton and be recalled by Barcelona to going out on a different loan and being ignored by their manager to where he insisted on returning to the only place that was actually playing him with Everton - hardly a sign that he's simply been in love with Toffee life and insisted on returning there...As I previously pointed out, he was left with little other choice because he a contracted player of Barcelona and even the club recognized that loans simply aren't working out like they had planned...which is why we've seen the RM development project of selling youth talent with buyback...Don't get confused, Barcelona remain in the driver's seat in terms of their futures

We saw how excited Deulofeu was to return to Barcelona last summer from Everton and 'get a shot' with the 1st team, only to be marginalized by Lucho...You're living in fantasy land to even imply that in some alternate universe that the player prefers Everton to Barcelona :lol:

I think you are making up a narrative you want to believe. He said that he wanted to stay and it was Lucho who insisted on bringing him back for Barca pre-season at the start of last season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rave-error-loaning-gerard-deulofeu-to-sevilla

This is a quote from Deulofeu

"My departure [from Barca] surprised me a bit," Deulofeu said, per Football Espana. "They made me come back from Everton and then later they told me I wouldn't get minutes."

Adversus

This is over analysis at its best man ,Gerard has been always a guy who use his twitter as a sort of PR move for him .look few pages back how people with overreacting about him talking well about Sevilla in European Super cup against us while he was basically cheering for both teams .he is sort of guy who talk well and respond to the fans of the teams he has played for .
Gerard didn't want loan because very few players want to spend their careers on loans moving from one place to another ,they want to have a bit of assurance about their future and he was loaned twice already .he had every right to .Barcelona gave up on Deulofeu when they loaned him to Sevilla suddenly .the player himself said the deal was agreed b4 he was asked and he found himself in no position but to accept it .
I hope he does well in Everton .he can take his time there and enjoy football b4 moving to bigger things if he reached his potential

I'm fully aware of how Deulofeu uses twitter. The point I'm making isn't one that he now hates Barca or even Sevilla for that matter. He doesn't and I would fully expect him to support both teams in the future. I also expect him to have in his mind that one day he wants to get to the level were he can get a move back to Barca - most players do. The point I am making is that he gave up the idea that he should be at Barca at this stage in his development which is something we probably all agree with.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think you are making up a narrative you want to believe. He said that he wanted to stay and it was Lucho who insisted on bringing him back for Barca pre-season at the start of last season.

You've already demonstrated how naive you are with respect to Deulofeu but claiming he preferred staying at Everton than returning home to his boyhood club he's been at all his life? Fantasy land

Bleacher report? Why not tribal, daily mail or goal? That's about the credibility level your posts are down to, incidentally so no surprise

"My departure [from Barca] surprised me a bit," Deulofeu said, per Football Espana. "They made me come back from Everton and then later they told me I wouldn't get minutes."

This is the age we live in, parsing quotes, taking them out of context and manipulating the narrative into what you want to believe...Try reading or seeing the interview, try looking at his excitement at his return to Barcelona from Everton, his comments about how he wasn't used well enough there or the utter disappointment when he was sent to Sevilla without really getting a shot at Barcelona - but hey, that would actually involve getting the whole picture

You keep living in fantasy land and believing that Everton is in the player's future or in control of what happens to him next

Adversus

You've already demonstrated how naive you are with respect to Deulofeu but claiming he preferred staying at Everton than returning home to his boyhood club he's been at all his life? Fantasy land

Bleacher report? Why not tribal, daily mail or goal? That's about the credibility level your posts are down to, incidentally so no surprise

This is the age we live in, parsing quotes, taking them out of context and manipulating the narrative into what you want to believe...Try reading or seeing the interview, try looking at his excitement at his return to Barcelona from Everton, his comments about how he wasn't used well enough there or the utter disappointment when he was sent to Sevilla without really getting a shot at Barcelona - but hey, that would actually involve getting the whole picture

You keep living in fantasy land and believing that Everton is in the player's future or in control of what happens to him next

Naive about Deulofeu?

I was the one that said he wasn't ready to come back to Barca because it was too early and Sevilla would be a mistake because he would find it hard to get into their team plus Emery's tough love approach wouldn't work. Perhaps you need to take a look back on this thread to see what I have written about Deulofeu before you make statements like that.

There's videos on twitter of him waving to the Everton fans during the game against Burnley and it's common knowledge he refused to go to another club and insisted on coming back to Everton.

I have posted a quote directly from the player and yet you still insist on being right. Somehow I don't think I'm the delusional one.

I have no doubt he plans on returning back to Barca one day but for now he wants to be at Everton.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
reading-everton-capital-one-cup-report

Last edited:

Adversus

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Video: Goal Deulofeu (Everton) vs Reading, seen from the stands <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fcblive?src=hash">#fcblive</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/buybackwatch?src=hash">#buybackwatch</a> [via <a href="https://twitter.com/Dylan_Ingo7">@dylan_Ingo7</a>] <a href="http://t.co/vb0ZIv7YKr">pic.twitter.com/vb0ZIv7YKr</a></p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/646529468304109568">September 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Home of Barca Fans