Gerard Deulofeu

Barcafan 2304

It really was an awful game of football. I'm surprised you made it through till the end.

Deulofeu was great.... well when he's not being awful. If you know what I mean.

He's single handedly saving our season and once he irons out the loose passes and the misplaced touches he will be one hell of a player. Genuinely world class potential and so happy to have him developing at our club.

I hope he does and develops into a class player. Has the potential, time to deliver

Barcafan 2304

He has plenty of time. He's only 21. You are expecting too much too soon.

Lol no I ain't. But thanks for telling me my own view of the situation. I'm not expecting to much from him to soon at all just merely stating I hope he develops into the world class player he has the potential to be

Adversus

Lol no I ain't. But thanks for telling me my own view of the situation. I'm not expecting to much from him to soon at all just merely stating I hope he develops into the world class player he has the potential to be

You said it was time to deliver but if that's not what you meant then I stand corrected.

Barcafan 2304

Well yeah he has been around a while now and promised so much so at 21, it will be time to step it up but I didn't mean it in a ultra-critical way. There is still time to mature and grow as you say

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Adversus had seen Deulofeu for such an abbreviated window of time that he should be embarrassed trying to set the record straight on the player

Adversus

Adversus had seen Deulofeu for such an abbreviated window of time that he should be embarrassed trying to set the record straight on the player

I'm not sure what you mean by setting the record straight.

He's 21 years old and has so far played 2 and a bit seasons at a top level. You need to get over the "jewel in La Masia" tag he had. There have been plenty of kids who have been tipped for the top and most don't make it. What matters now is where he's at currently in his development.

1 goal, 4 assists in 291 mins this season.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Deulofeu's 1st assist to Lukaku vs. WBA

[gfy]CoolThatGoral[/gfy]

Deulofeu's 2nd assist to Lukaku vs. WBA

[gfy]SaltyHarmoniousAcornweevil[/gfy]

gregorrin10

He did always have a great cross, too bad Lucho let him go so easily, could really use him this season, right now even more so, when Messi's out. So much better than Munir in my opinion. They are both a little ego' but at least Dule has the quality by himself too, while Munir simply doesn't, not yet at least.

Barcafan 2304

To be honest it was the correct decision. We couldn't predict the amount of injuries we have had and deulofeu needs regular playing time. The move to Everton was the correct decision

Icarium

Lifestealer
It was a great decision both for the player and the club. It is true that the later part doesn't seem to be that much true because of our situation now though. But who would have guessed we will sell pedro too. But at that time it felt like a great decision.

God Serena

It was a great decision both for the player and the club. It is true that the later part doesn't seem to be that much true because of our situation now though. But who would have guessed we will sell pedro too. But at that time it felt like a great decision.

Even my dead great grandmother could tell Pedro was leaving. It's hard to imagine Lucho himself didn't see it coming as well. Deulofeu had to be sold (With a buyback, mind you) because he's the kind of player that needs a coach willing to work with him to develop. After his two seasons at Everton he'll probably be ready to be our first sub for the attack so as far as I'm concerned even looking back at the whole situation with our injuries in mind it was still a great decision.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
To be honest it was the correct decision. We couldn't predict the amount of injuries we have had and deulofeu needs regular playing time. The move to Everton was the correct decision

Without ever even being given a legitimate shot with the 1st team?...Absolutely not, you can't make a correct decision without even giving the player a chance - it makes it an uninformed decision rather than correct/incorrect

Moreover, he knew he was short of attacking wingers even with Pedro - there was zero depth since neither Sandro nor Munir are true wingers much less dribblers...The Adama and Deulofeu loans by contrast show little logic since they represented more need than the sort of forwards Sandro & Munir are

Barcafan 2304

Without ever even being given a legitimate shot with the 1st team?...Absolutely not, you can't make a correct decision without even giving the player a chance - it makes it an uninformed decision rather than correct/incorrect

Moreover, he knew he was short of attacking wingers even with Pedro - there was zero depth since neither Sandro nor Munir are true wingers much less dribblers...The Adama and Deulofeu loans by contrast show little logic since they represented more need than the sort of forwards Sandro & Munir are

So who would you have dropped in order to facilitate deulofeu in the starting eleven at the time? Sorry, disagree strongly. A player in his position, not ready for the first team should be loaned and given the chance to perform.

Home of Barca Fans