Gerard Deulofeu

Yannik

I'm a little annoyed by his constant diving every week. He's doing well, but I think the FA should charge him at one point to teach him. He's falling all over the place, its slightly getting out of hand. He's even worse than Bale was.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I do think the return to diving for the player has coincided with the frustrating turn his career/development has taken in the past year...Shame because some of those dives were CR worthy

God Serena

I'm a little annoyed by his constant diving every week. He's doing well, but I think the FA should charge him at one point to teach him. He's falling all over the place, its slightly getting out of hand. He's even worse than Bale was.

I wouldn't say he's worse than Bale was. Or even Suarez, for that matter.

Yannik

I wouldn't say he's worse than Bale was. Or even Suarez, for that matter.

Honestly he's far worse than both by a landslide. He has been at it every single week. People like Bale, Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo, Robben get more shit for it because they stand in the spotlight, but Deulofeu is really overdoing it extensively.

God Serena

Honestly he's far worse than both by a landslide. He has been at it every single week. People like Bale, Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo, Robben get more shit for it because they stand in the spotlight, but Deulofeu is really overdoing it extensively.

Suarez was the type to do it all the time as well. So was Neymar, even. Suarez and Neymar did it so extensively (And even had added on rolling around on the ground as if they'd been run over by a car) that they became famous for it, complete with memes and celebrations (From Suarez) that mocked it. Suarez would dive, lay on the ground for a couple of minutes, and spring up when he realized a chance was coming his way. If you think one dive a week in the span of half a season is anywhere close to that I can reliably conclude that you never even watched Suarez or Neymar at the height of their simulation even a single time.

Yannik

Pretty sure that Deulofeu is about to become a meme by the end of the season, like Ashley Young was. Heard it here first.
I havent seen Neymar and Suarez week in and week out at their dive-prime actually, but I could imagine this to be similar to what Deulofeu is doing now. But it got a little better now. At least today they are not diving as much as Deulofeu is. If he ever becomes a big deal, people will be all over him and he'll be one of the most hated players out there.

God Serena

I havent seen Neymar and Suarez week in and week out at their dive-prime actually, but I could imagine this to be similar to what Deulofeu is doing now.

All that needs to be said. Don't compare situations when you yourself admit to having no idea what you're talking about.

God Serena

It does if you bash Cristiano and others for the same.

Not really. Judgments against Cristiano don't need to be fair. We don't like him for any number of reasons and his diving is just something for us to home in on. Same goes for our own players. How many Barca fans who hated Suarez for being a spitting, biting, racist, diving, cheater are now singing his praises?

And to be fair, I don't bash players for diving or any of that other mess. It's all a huge circle-jerk of hypocrisy, if you ask me. Munir dives but only gets slack because people don't like him, and the same goes for Neymar whenever he has drawn the ire of the Barca fanbase for some arbitrary reason or another (Did he just shake his head as he was subbed off?! The disrespect!), but when Iniesta does it it's just "Oh, Iniesta...". Or you'll be the inevitable guy that comes in here waving his flamethrower angrily declaring that Iniesta has never taken a dive in his life, even when he's at the pool with his trunks on.

Well why would you bring it up then in your initial comment? I mean the comparisons to Suarez and so on?

Your initial burst of anger saw you procure the comparisons. I'd ask you to go back and re-read, but I'm here for you amico.

He's even worse than Bale was.

Last edited:

Yannik

Yeah, that was the only comparison I brought up and he was really worse than Bale was actually, I said I didnt watch Suarez for Liverpool or Neymar for Santos on a weekly base, but I've seen enough from Bale to know that Deulofeu might even edge this, and also from Neymar and Suarez today to say that they arent worse than him. This was however just a side information and nothing actually relevant to the main point.

Anyway, diving is indeed a big deal and it does absolutely matter. Its the most common unsportsmanlike behaviour occuring in the game and I'd give everyone the same heat for overdoing it, regardless of team and sympathy. Even Ronaldo should be judged fairly, if we post every single dive he takes and extrapolate from there, then we should treat others the same. And the same goes for the other "number of reasons" that are often just summarized trifles containing his ego, his playstyle, his looks, his movie, his celebrations or whatever, we cant just only point them out when HE does them. If we do that, then we basically end up in a fanboying community here.

Last edited:

God Serena

I personally would prefer you quote me. Makes my notifications go up and I take a sick pleasure in seeing the number rise without clicking on it. At 14 now since I started doing this and during the winter break that is no easy feat. Anyways...

Anyway, diving is indeed a big deal and it does absolutely matter. Its the most common unsportsmanlike behaviour occuring in the game and I'd give everyone the same heat for overdoing it, regardless of team and sympathy. Even Ronaldo should be judged fairly, if we post every single dive he takes and extrapolate from there, then we should treat others the same.

This is exactly what people are doing in this very thread. Even your mumbling is part of that. At the end of the day though, whether it's Ronaldo or Deulofeu or Arjen Robben, it still doesn't matter, not even a little bit. If it did FIFA or UEFA or even one of the top league's FAs would do something about it instead of leaving it up to the referee to catch on to it.

Yannik

This is exactly what people are doing in this very thread. Even your mumbling is part of that. At the end of the day though, whether it's Ronaldo or Deulofeu or Arjen Robben, it still doesn't matter, not even a little bit. If it did FIFA or UEFA or even one of the top league's FAs would do something about it instead of leaving it up to the referee to catch on to it.

Of course this is what people are doing in this thread. That's the whole motivation behind it. We - or I in this case - point it our for Deulofeu, because criticism on this board shouldnt be just exclusive for Ronaldo - the public enemy here. I have also critisized Ronaldo occasionally in the past, its just fair to apply this to other players aswell. I'd be a hypocrit not to do so.
If you think that diving doesnt matter because of the FA treats that so lightly anyway, then thats fine for you, but for me and others this is an absolutely annoying behaviour, damaging the reputation and viewing experience of this sport.

Home of Barca Fans